April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Sunscreen - Boots - Soltan Facial Sun Defence Cream SPF30

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by kittyrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have rosacea and veeeeerrrrry dry skin, and this is my HG product. Light-weight, easily absorbed and effective. I don't wear any foundation or concealer, but the slight white cast that this SPF creates actually gives me a much better skin tone - I'm extremely pale so it'll probably only work for the super super fair. Though the formula is a little greasey it doesn't sit on my skin, and after 5 minutes it's gone. I just hope they never discontinue it :) After using it, people have told me I'm 'glowing' - which never happens when I'm not wearing it, so something must be working!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Pie14

This cream is of a heavier consistency which isn't too greasy on the skin. However putting on the recommended amount makes my skin look very White. Even after the cream feel absorbed. I feel it does protect my face from sun damage.

Cons: stained my dress - think it has bleach mixed in...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by prozacnation88

To be honest the only reason I use this product religiously is the UVA***** protection. Seems to do it's job though, although it's a bit too oily for me as long as I apply sparingly and give it time to absorb it's ok. I find after long-term use you really start to notice the effect it has on your skin. Although I'm spot-prone, it doesn't break me out, moisturizes well and applied correctly does provide a decent (suppose 'average' is a suitable word) makeup base. Overall, a worthy, reliable product, one thing I can say for sure, is that long term you won't regret using this product. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lovinitxx

HG! i wear this everyday. makes my face look healthily dewy but i still use powder as i have oily face. doesnt break me out :) i went to a festival recently and i became burnt near my parting where i hadnt put this so i can really see that this works. Keeps my face perfectly moisurised, but its not too greasy +it has antioxidants :D:D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by susie03

I was going to hold off reviewing this until after a trip to hotter climates but wanted to post ingredients and add that this is a new formulation for 2008. I've been testing both the spf30 and spf50. I have to say they are great. The products are slightly tinted and absorb easily - it is not difficult to apply 1/4 tsp. For the first 10 minutes or so my face shines like a beacon but it does mattify afterwards.
I've had no reactions to this at all and although I am not massively prone to breakouts I have had problems with a number of sunscreens (including the old formula Soltans) in the past - I think it might be Shea Butter but I'm not sure.
I have noticed that the spf30 has a slightly better finish but I'll still use the 50+ on 'beach' days.
If nothing else it is a hugely practical, stable and affordable SS for days when sun exposure is unavoidable. I will update on use in the heat. It would be ironic if this was really only usable in UK winters when such a high PPD protection is not such an issue!
It is one of very few SSs that are still in the shops in November and still on BOGOF.

Update:
3 months in tropical sunshine using Diacneal in the evenings and my skin was protected and didn't change colour. The PPD on this must be very high. It is sticky and on windy days my face felt like sandpaper as the sand stuck even hours after application. I find it hard to wear TM or make up on top of this without looking too shiny but it's fine on its own. Still on the lookout for something as protective but more elegant - aren't we all!
The ingredient list below is actually for the spf50+

Aqua, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Glycerin, Octocrylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isotridecyl salicyate, Butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, Alcohol denat, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-15, Methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, Dimethicone, Cetyl alcohol, Potassium cetyl phosphate, C18-36 acid gycal ester, Titanium dioxide, Diethylhexyl butamido triazine, Lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylamide/ammonium acrylate copolymer, Glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, Mica, Polyisobutene, Parfum, Decyl glucoside, Dimethiconol, Tocophenyl acetate, Xanthan gum, Sodium PCA, Vitis vinifera seed oil, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethyl oxazolodine, Dipropylene glycol, Butylene glycol, Propylene glycol, Panax ginseng extract, Manganese dioxide, Aminomethyl propanol, CI 77891.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Boots 2 for 1 deal - 2 bottles cost me 12euros.I like it as it leaves no white cast - it does add a little glow as noted on the bottle.I have dry skin so it soaks this up quickly - but always leaves my skin supple. MU application is no problem over it - i dont need an extra moisturiser underneath it.A good sunscreen that i will continue to use unless any problems arise.

Edit: I also got the SPF50 version & find it great - the only difference being that it has a higher protection...it still works well under MU & leaves no white cast!I upped this to 4 lippies!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too greasy for my oily skin, and makes my eyes uncomfortable

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by jochaimajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I thought this was great - cheap, not too scented, not too "whitish" on my skin (which is: fair, a little sensitive).
Then it broke me out, and blocked my pores.
Sorry to write a neg review, but no no no. The tube I have left I may try as a sunblock on my arms and hope it doesn't do any damage there!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Kabel

Broke me out after 2 days. My very fair skin didn't burn but it's going in the bin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by manmg2

I tried the new formulation of this cream, but it is too greasy for my combination/oily t-zone skin. This cream is thick and not very easy to rub in, after applying this product my face looked very oily. It did stop my face from burning in the sun, but it is probably more suited for those with dry skin.