Maybelline Wet Shine Nail Color - Rainyday Red

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/24/2008 10:42:00 PM

Ever have a favorite red creme, though the market is saturated with gorgeous redness? I had to have this red.

It's a glossy red deep intense creme red but it has a berry blueness in it you cannot describe. Luscious glossy goodness. If a blueberry could ever be a true bold intense red, it would be Rainyday Red. I'm not saying this is a clone for the fabulous OPI My Throne for a Cranberry Scone, but the berry blue intensity is there in it too, but this is a red.

The application was a tad hard due to a wonky shaped pointy brush (it had basically a tapered three or more little tail-like bristles). The brush's asymmetry being the huge deduction on packaging, otherwise, this is packaged well and the brush is that nice wide long Maybelline model. I agree with fivezero, good coverage on one coat and the second coat just gave a bit of depth.

I cannot review wear at this time, as I am usually wearing each color about 3 days maximum, but I do have pics.

on 4/12/2007 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous gorgeous, matte, vibrant, glossy red. I wear this one my toes. It glides on so perfect and sets with a super glossy shine. LOVE THIS POLISH! Great formula, cheery color, lasts and lasts and best part is I found it at the dollar store in a double pack. LOVE Maybelline better than OPI & Revlon now.

on 4/6/2007 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love love love the wet shine collection of polishes. The quality is excellent and the colors are so juicy and vibrant and they really do look wet and shiny! This is a beautiful bright mauve/red that looks great on toes as well as on my hands. I wear this during the summertime when I want a punch of bright color.

on 1/26/2006 4:35:00 AM

Wow, Maybelline is definitely making the best drugstore nail polish these days! These wet shine polishes go one super smoothly and you can even get away with one coat if you like. It also dries quickly to a beautiful wet shine, as promised. The lasting power is about average for me, about 4-6 days, but the shine actually stays!

I have this in a few colours but Rainyday Red is probably my favourite. It is a rich and vibrant pink-red that is quite similar in colour to Revlon's Cherries in the Snow, but Maybelline's glossy finish is so much nicer! I adore this and would repurchase should I ever run out.

Pics:Nails continued >>