Oatmeal Mask

Price: $

INCI: Water/Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Flour, Mel (Honey), Tocopheryl Acetate

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Am I the only one who got clogged pores from the oatmeal cleanser? :( I am so devastated right now because I wanted to love this :( I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin and have lots of acne scars and some active acne. From the reviews here, I thought what the heck it's just oatmeal I doubt this would break me out but NOOOOO :( Right after washing the oatmeal off my face I immediately noticed new bumps all over my face :( Might try this again next time with honey but for now i'll just be in the corner crying...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this mask as a spot treatment. I use it overnight and wake up to soothed calm skin. It doesn't dry my skin out or burn it like some acne spot treatments can do, it is just overall very soothing. It really helps redness fade away

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this mask! I never do DIY homemade masks because I never find that they actually do any good for my skin and I don't have time for that as a full time student and part time health care professional. This is not your avergae "food on my face" mask - it actually benefits your skin over time and helps soothe irritation. It not only helps to exfoliate dead skin cells but it has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe redness and irritation.

The way I use this mask is by actually pulverizing the oats into a flour-like consistency. If you have a magic bullet or blender you could use that. I use my nutri-bullet for this. This also helps to get the oatmeal small enough to stick on your face and not cause a huge mess - bonus! I leave it on for about 30 minutes before I hope into the shower every morning. It gives my skin a radiant glow and my skin never feels dry or tight after. I highly recommend it for acne-prone or dry/dull skin!

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17373175

Check out this video by Sarah Therese!

I have dry and sensitive skin. I cannot find a cleanser that is gentle enough, and affordable enough, so far, all the cleanser I used gave me (temporary) red bumps & itchiness after I shower. I recently stopped using Physiogel lotion after finding out that its the culprit providing my face with free flow of small bumps for the past 2 months.

I started using oat meal to wash my face 3 days ago. So far so good. Within these short days, miraculously, the bumps disappeared. Not getting any after-shower red bumps. I'm surprised.

I tried it a few years ago, stopped as it was messy as hell and I got a good scolding haha. This time, I blended the oats into a finer texture. Used about half a spoon amount + water.

Night: I used half a pea size amount of cleanser, washed my face once, apply the oats. I soap my hair and body while it sit on my face. Rinse with warm water then with cold water. Im slowly reducing the amount of cleanser as I couldn't get used to not using any at all. Didn't apply any moisturiser whatsoever as I dislike the feeling of having an extra layer on my face.

Morning: Just rinse with water.

Keeping my hopes up for this one. The only bad thing for now is that the finer oats get into my eyes. Doesn't sting, just uncomfortable. Hopefully that is the only bad thing.

Update 18 Jan 16
So far so good. I'm definitely getting lesser rash bumps and pimples. Skin looks clearer than before. Still observing.

after seeing alot of good review , i try oalmeat cleanser and mask, it really brigten my skin tone . I was very happy but i find out my skin breaks out .
So scared :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

saw many great review about this natural DIY mask/ face wash and decided to give it a try. it didn't work out for me. my skin feels itchy, irritated. it worsen the redness and make me break out. zits came up just after i used it as face wash. i don't know if it is because i'm allergic to gluten or not. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I swear, this SAVES my skin in the wintertime when it gets dry and chapped. I buy the colloidal oatmeal packets sold as "oatmeal bath" at the drugstore (Aveeno makes one, but the CVS equivalent is just as good -- it's literally just powdered oatmeal, might as well get the less expensive one) and mix a half-teaspoon of it with equal parts apricot oil, then leave it on my face for as long as I have time for (usually about an hour or two). You can use any oil you like, really. I like apricot because it's light and it's high in linoleic acid (and from time to time I do an oopsie with over-exfoliation, so this helps to heal my damaged lipid barrier) but whatever oil you like. When I wash this off, my skin is DRAMATICALLY improved. Apparently the proteins in the oatmeal help to strengthen the skin. In addition to a whole host of other good stuff. Anyway, this is amazing and I highly recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This home-made oatmeal mask is better than any mask I've ever bought in a store (and cheaper too). It's calming of irritation and great for my dry skin, do it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin feels awesome after I use this! I take about a tablespoon of ground oatmeal (only because the normal size was rough and messy) and a teaspoon of honey. I mix it with a little water to give it a mask- like consistency and I apply it to my face for about 10 to 15 minutes then I exfoliate with it.

I added cinnamon to it once. DON'T EVER FREAKING DO THAT!! All it did was make my skin burn and red! I couldn't give it five lippies due to how crazy messy this mask is.
Great for all skin types but if you have a gluten thing, then don't do this.

I suffer from occasional dermatitis, my eyelids get all swollen and itchy and scaly. I grind up some oatmeal and add hemp seed oil for moisture with a little water and leave this mask on overnight (I brush off the excess oatmeal so it makes less of a mess) In the morning my face is calm and soothed. You can add essential oils to the mask as well and make it according to your skin type. Love it!

Popular Masks