November 27, 2014 | 1476 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - when hope is not enough replenishing cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by bixby2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is oily and I love this product. Feels luxurious on my skin, excellent day under makeup or night. One tip is you may need to warm it up a bit in your hands before using. It smells wonderful - better than Hope in Jar.
The price could be better, 2 oz for $50 is a bit steep. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by colettebleu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As an avid philosophy user I was quite disappointed. This gives the illusion of moisturization but it balls up and peels off. It refused to absorb. Forget about putting makeup on over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second jar of this and I have got to say I have seen some amazing results. My first jar lasted me about 5 months when only used at night. This face cream is pretty much only for people with dry skin. It is very greasy looking, so that is why I only use it at night. It does however give me a pretty glow when used in conjunction with some olive oil. Everyone comments on how pretty my skin is. I will not be without this cream ever!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by melliemelmel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product feels very waxy to me. In order to apply it correctly, you need to rub it together in your fingers first to warm it up. After a few months of storing it in my bathroom ( which really doesn't get that hot) it darkened and turned even waxier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by jogun11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Philosphy skincare products pretty exclusively for years. I just turned 50 and people think i'm younger. I can't say enough about what these products have done for my skin. The particular automatically shipped kit I use, is not available anymore, though they do have others. My kit allows me to substitute one product AND I receive a free full sized product as a bonus. Somehow, I ended up with this cream. Having loved HIAJ for dry skin, esp. as a night cream, I really didn't use this much. However, I rediscovered it last week and what a big difference! I actually think it has healed my hormonal chin breakout as well! My skin is so hydrated, I can't stop touching it. I will probably substitute this now for my HIAJ. You only need very LITTLE of this product...warm it up in your fingertips and press on. It should last a very long time. LOVE this product...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MommyMomdri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say rave enough about his product. I bought it as a bridge to re-hydrate my skin before picking up the kit The Joy of Great Skin and I'm glad I did. I thought for sure that I'd never find another product line that compares to my Lancome but I'll happily admit I was wrong. I've been converted.

The cleanser that comes in the kid in and of itself is amazing, but with these two products together my skin looks and feels amazing.

The jar isn't exactly conducive to applying it easy, but it's a small price to pay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Mcruz1

I have pretty well behaved skin most of the time and use Murad to keep it this way however recently my skin got very dry and looked extremely dull - I assume due to the cold weather. I purchased this and after one use could feel a difference in my skin. My skin feels soft and well moisturized and it looks glowy and smooth. I'm quite happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Carebear8605

I bought the When Hope is Not Enough Trial Kit Skin Care System for Dehydrated Skin Seeking Replenishment (<--mouth full) to try and combat this winter parched skin thing I have going on. It came with the hydrating cleanser, the replenishing oil, and this cream. So I used the whole kit together as directed.The cream feels nice. It absorbed nicely and didn't leave me oily. It has a pleasant light scent which I like. Unfortunately I broke out a little. At the time I was going through some pretty stressful school related things so that might have been the cause of the breakout I'm not sure. In the end my skin didn't feel any more hydrated. I still had these dry patches on my cheeks. In the end the price wasn't worth it to me. I won't be repurchasing when I use it all. Thankfully it was a trial kit so the tube is smaller than normal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by OcMd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 34 years old (just turned-ahhhhkk!) and live in Denver. A facialist once told me that Denver is equivalent to the Sahara Desert as far as dryness goes. I believe it. I have extremely dry AND, more importantly, REACTIVE sensitive skin.

So. I live in the ongoing quest to find a moisturizer that doesnt make me react, but that also provides anti-aging properties I need nowadays.

Since its winter, I commonly find myself reaching for my aquaphor or vaseline. They dont make me react and the cold, dry weather makes my eczema go a little nutso and they help because they are thick and mild. However, anti-aging they are not.

When Hope is Not Enough sounds like it will do the trick. It burned a tiny bit after I put it on, but I had also just finished my first Micro-Delivery Peel. WHINEnough goes on a little bit greasy, which I am ok with. Now that it has settled, the greasyness is gone. My skin seems to be ok with it so far. I will edit this review after I use it for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by paint1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My "go to" winter night moisturizer, great!