September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Foundations - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Firming Foundation in Soft Ivory

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying over two dozen of different brands and different kinds of foundations included very expensive ones I ran into this inexpensive drugstore foundation. I have very hard to match, pale, cool- to neutral toned NW10 skin and I have dry, sensitive Rosacea skin so finding a decent foundation is quite a difficult task. One of my favourite foundations is LM Silk Creme foundation #Soft Ivory so I thought why not give this foundation a chance since this shade is called the same;-). I didn't expect much from it; not in the least because I don't believe in any firming/lifting qualities in a foundation. I know retinoids have anti-aging qualities but the retinyl palmitate in this foundation is quite low in the ingredients list and considering the small amount you use on your face I think it's not being able to have dramatic results. I'm just looking for a nice, non-irritating, non-drying foundation with a dewy finish, moderate coverage and most important coming in a shade matching my skintone. Well, this foundation comes close. Nearly perfect shade match (I have to admit I added a drop of MAC PRO F&B in #White), smooth texture, dewy finish, fairly long-lasting and medium coverage. It isn't drying but might be just a tad too dry on my very dry winter skin. I didn't experience any irritation (yet) but I'm used to retinoids and my sensitive skin is fine with it. A huge bonus of this foundation: it's fragrance-free! Yes, it is! It does contain mineral oil, shea butter and some silicones and my skin loves those ingredients. In fact, the ingredients list is quite short which is a good thing having sensitive skin. It also has SPF17.
I apply this foundation with a damp sponge; it dries quite fast but doesn't accentuate any dry patches nor does it settle into fine lines.
The glass pump bottle is great; you can clearly see the shade and the amount of foundation left. Best of all: it's inexpensive. I bought mine for 5 Euro at *bay. And now for the sad part: I think it has been discontinued and replaced by other formulas in the L'Oreal Visible Lift line of foundations. Overall I'm impressed with my first L'Oreal foundation! *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Active ingredient: octinoxate 6.0%
Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, nylon-12, glycerin, propylene glycol, ethylhexyl palmitate, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, glyceryl isostearate, dimethicone, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, triethanolamine, magnesium aluminium silicate, panthenol, shea butter, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, polysilicone-8, diazolidinyl urea, lanolin alcohol, methylparaben, butylparaben, cellulose gum, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, methylsilanol mannuronate, polycaprolactone, oleyl alcohol, sodiumhydroxide, pea extract. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by riyoka

Well, I bought this at a very discounted price, which is pretty much the only thing that caught my eye about it. Unfortunately it's way too thich & the coverage was mediocre at best. Definitely not buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an inexpensive, incredibly durable, moisturizing, long wearing, very pale foundation--that turns light tan by the end of the day. I'm so sad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jesha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect match for my very fair skin. It provides good coverage as well and leaves a matte finish. I like better how it looks in natural light than in, say, flourescent lighting, as it can sometimes look a little obvious on my skin (perhaps because my skin is dry, the texture of the makeup sometimes 'stands out' a bit? Not sure how to put it). However, I have tried pretty much everything that L'Oreal and Maybelline have out there currently, plus many, many of the higher end foundations and this is the best, most natural looking foundation I have tried--plus it has SPF, which is great. Oddly, it is much better color-wise than either the Visible Lift (Regular) or the Visible Lift (extra coverage), which leave my skin looking orangey. At any rate, I do like this a lot and will continue to use it for awhile to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by hinsdalelewis

This has great coverage and even though I have oily skin, this lasts just as long (if not longer) on me than long-wearing formulas. The shades are pretty good. Soft ivory is one of the closest matches I've found in a drugstore item. Not HG, but I'm on my 2nd bottle and I'll probably keep buying it until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW! Flawless coverage! I love this foundation. This firming formula is even better than the regular Visible Lift. This has pro-Retinol A and X-tensium to lift and firm skin. This has SPF protection. This is a wonderful winter foundation as I tend to get ashy and dry around the outsides of my T-zone. I hope Loreal will not discontinue this as I love it! I love the pump applicator as well.