September 21, 2014 | 1592 users online

Masks - Pepto Bismol Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by shopper52

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Pepto Bismal on my face on the advise of my esthetician. I was hesitant at first but love love it! I try to use the mask several times a week and highly recommend it. Be sure to use it on your neck as well to keep the skin tight. I rinse my face after 20-30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by clb929

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. Just buy the generic or store brand and put in the Frig and the put the cold mask on a clean face and it feels wonderful and so cool. It really works on pores and making your face feel so clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Blue77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this as a facial. I applied a very thin layer to my face and left it on for about ten minutes. I used a washcloth and lukewarm water to remove. My face had a nice glow and smaller looking pores and the fine lines on my forehead were barely visible. I was worried that it would be too drying since my normally oily skin really dries out in the winter, but it wasn't a problem. I'll update after using for a while, but so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by HY210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It really didn't do much for me except take away some of the oil. The pimples, pore size, and blackheads were the same except my face is slightly tinted pink now. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this was brilliant at first. It makes perfect sense, and I thought it might help to relieve some redness in my cheeks. Oh boy do I wish I'd of passed this up. I put it on with a cotton pad, left it on for about five mintes, and rinsed it off. My skin was super red, dry, and tingling in a weird way. For the rest of the day, my skin looked terrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This is a good mask for my dry and sensitive skin. It's difficult to find a clay-type mask for my skin, so this is a good substitute, although I don't like that it's thin and runny. I apply over my face and neck with a brush. It dries in 10 minutes or so, and I gently rinse it off, using a soft washcloth. My skin feels soft and smooth, not dry and irritated as with some masks I've tried. It's an inexpensive and effective mask for my type of skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Debbie1963

A real life saver when having a "heated & red" reaction to any product on the face and/or throat. Usually scented moisturizers and such can upset skin. Calms, cools and relieves! It's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 3:20:00 AM More reviews by everybodybhappy

5 lippies for this great, cheap, spot treatment! Like another reviewer, I find this to be a little much for the whole face, but perfect for on-the-spot relief. Literally stops zits in their tracks. Less is more (too much will give you cracked/peeling skin around the belmish), so a bottle last forever! (Unless you are prone to gastrointestinal issues, lol).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Vie20000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to second this one - in fact, I am such a fan that I am writing my first review.

I am 40-ish with only a few wrinkles, but some nasty adult acne and old scars. Very sensitive skin, so much that virtually any commercial acne products make things worse. I started using the aspirin mask when I first found MUA, and it has been pretty much my HG (mixed with sour cream really moisturizes my over-40 skin) but it did not stop the occasional pimple from popping up. The pimples I do get seem to turn into these nasty, weepy spots that are impossible to cover with makeup and take weeks to heal.

So, enter the Pepto! It is a little drying for me as an overall mask, but as a spot treatment for my pimples it is a godsend. I can dab it on and leave it overnight, and in the morning the pimple is dried up and shrunk.

It is also good as a mask, but I think only for oilier skins or for "that time" for my skin. And be prepared for the Oompa Loompa face - this stuff is neon pink on your face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by drinkmoresoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Use regular pepto bismol to make your skin smooth, soft, and eventually blemish-free! Just as it coats the stomach, it will soften and beautify your skin. Just take a cotton ball and apply the pepto all over the face, avoiding the eye area. Allow the mask to dry and then rinse with cool water. For added moisture and softness, you can leave on a bit longer. I recommend doing this at least once per week, but you may do it as often as you like. ESPECIALLY for those with sensitive skin! :0)