October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Pantene Restoratives Anti-Breakage Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by shelly144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't believe the hype!! Just like others wrote seemed like a good idea but I started noticing it made the ends frizzy and hard to comb through yet started to thin at my scalp. Thanks to the others who took time to write reviews so at least I knew it wasn't just me. Might be a good idea to read them beforehand next time I try something new.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by MayaFrasier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product seemed like a good idea at the beginning. It advertised that it would aid in anti-breakage. I have thick, dry and slightly damaged hair. While I was washing my hair it appeared that it was working, it lathered nicely, felt smooth and smelled great. Except once I got out my hair felt like plastic. It wasn't dry, but the texture felt all wrong. My hair snapped easily while combing and was impossible to style. No volume and quite a bit of frizz. Not great. I'm going to stick to Redken and Morrocanoil.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Kayreen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently received this shampoo and conditioner from my DIL. I absolutely love it!! I have not experienced any excessive hair loss, as others have stated. I have always lost a bit of hair with each washing, as is pretty normal for anyone, and the loss is the same as with any other shampoo I have used. I am using the conditioner as well, both products are for Normal to Thick hair. My hair has not been this shiny in years and years.

I have been going back and forth from conditioning cleansers to regular shampoo and conditioners for several years, including many homemade products. Some left my hair very nice, soft, a bit shiny, but not as shiny as I would have liked. Not so with this product. My hair is SUPER shiny and soft. I have long hair, about the middle of my back, it tends to be dry from coloring. I cannot praise this product enough. I will still switch to sulfate free conditioning cleansers from time to time, but this will be my number one choice for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by rs88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't use this shampoo! Like other reviewers here this product made my hair fall out!! I don't know what's in this product but it's definitely toxic. I'm even thinking about writing a letter to the company. They should know that their ingredients are causing hair loss.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This serves as a warning rather than a review. Also, the product I used is a reformulation of the older one and is called 'breakage to strength' and it comes in a white bottle with a pink label.

First off, I will say that at the very least, the product smells good. That is the only thing passable about it. Everything else fails. After the second wash, my hair felt limp and heavy to the point where I could barely run a comb through it. To add insult to injury, I had about two fist fulls of hair coming out each time I used this product. Like an idiot though, I kept using it, thinking the residue was from something else and the hair loss was from not combing my hair regularly. I was hoping that what little breakage I had would disappear considering the promises on the label. Well, about a week later, my hair was breaking off in 3 inch pieces. Even after stopping the use of this, and after literally five intensive protein/moisture treatments, my hair is still suffering. I'm left speechless at the now poor quality of pantene, but I guess it's my fault as a consumer as I consistently give them chances based off of nostalgia and seeing all these new products of theirs hit the shelves. I think I've learned my lesson and hopefully no one else will go through what I have!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by wtevrpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

after using this product SO MANY strands of wet hair started coming out and my hair looked frizzier. lots of strands were in my towel, when i brushed my hair, and when i ran my fingers through it. i need a product to stop this help!!! :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by BlueAndBlonde

This shampoo was NOT for me. Perhaps it was too heavy. I used it right before I went to bed and woke up the next morning with a head full of grease and residue. My hair was so stiff and sticky I couldn't run my fingers through it. However, I have read some really rave reviews for it, so I'm thinking it might just be my hair type. I have medium-thick and wavy hair with a fair amount of natural shine and moisture. If you have a similar hair type, please realize that this might be too heavy for you. I do love, the conditioner, though, and continue to use it alone. I still love Pantene, just not this product. If you have course and dry hair, this might work wonders for you. My sister does, and her hair looked better after 1 use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I'm very impressed with this shampoo & the conditioner. The shampoo smells really great, lathers well, & my hair feels clean. I can tell a difference from using this right away, & my hair feels really moisturized & healthy after using this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say I noticed any less breakage, but this shampoo smells fantastic and cleanses well without drying my hair out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say, this product is a god send. I have SUPER oily hair, and I can go 2 days without washing when I use this. I love it. I have noticed, A LOT less little breakage pieces on my shirts. But I also use an anti breakage serum. Ladies, breakage and shedding are very different. Shedding is normal, and doesn't prevent your hair from growing. Breakage, is from the actual length of your hair...like the little pieces that fall from the ends of your locks. I want my hair to grow LONG so I am taking all measures to avoid breakage. Love the clean feeling I get from this stufF!