Vaseline Firming and Radiance

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Water, glycerin, dimethicone, potassium lactate, stearic acid, sodium hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, mineral oil, glycol stearate, lactic acid, peg-100 stearate, collagen, palmitoyl oligopeptide, glycine soja (soybean) sterol, lecithin, petrolatum, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A palmitate), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil or glycine soja (soybean) oil, mineral water, sodium PCA, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, urea, collagen amino acids, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, magnesium aluminum silicate, fragrance, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, DMDM hydantoin, disodium edta, xanthan gum, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have been using this lotion religiously for years. Unfortunately I think it's been discontinued because it has practically disappeared from the shelves everywhere, except for ONE Walmart. I've tried practically every firming lotion, and this is still my favorite. My weight fluctuates frequently due to health problems, so it's important for me to use a good firming lotion to maintain the elasticity in my skin, especially since Im turning 30 this year and my skin isn't as resilient as it once was. If you are a casual lotion user, this probably won't make any huge differences to your skin and body. However, if you apply this lotion to your whole body twice a day, you will definitely notice a difference in the texture and firmness of your skin. The smell is a tad overwhelming, but does dissipate in about 30 mins, once it's full absorbed and dry. It's not the worst scent ever, but its not the best. However, it's really the result that matters most to me. The lotion itself is thick and creamy. I find it effectively moisturizing. It doesn't leave my skin sticky, tacky, slimy, or greasy. In order to use the entire bottle you do have to pop the top off when it no longer comes out of the pump. There is still a lot of product at the bottom. Again, the packaging flaw does not outweigh the benefits for me. I'm bummed its hard to find. I don't see many drugstore firming lotions anymore. I no longer see the Suave or the St. Ives. The Nivea and Jergens give me chest breakouts (so gross). I'm not sure what the deal is with all that, but Im going to continue buying this as long as I can find it.

I think they stopped making this, I looked for it all over two different targets and they're just not there
I guess people hated the smell too much, I used an entire bottle of this stuff, didnt know it had AHA in it, but it doesnt seem to do anything other than moisturize I switched to vaseline's aloe lotion in the green bottle, it came with a free tiny cute jar of vaseline and it smells/moisturizes much better than the skin firming lotion, bye bye vaseline skin firming lotion

on 12/24/2011 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't used it consistently enough to say whether or not its firming..i would just much rather use the vaseline total conditioning lotion all the time to get a chance to use this! I don't really like the fragrance and its not that moisturizing. It has AHA so those who are not diligent with sunscreen shouldn't use this on sun exposed areas. I want to try the Suave Firming Lotion before rebuying this.

on 10/11/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the light blue bottle that simply says "Vaseline Firming"...

First off, this isn't necessarily a very MOISTURIZING product. It provides me with just the right amount that I don't feel any annoying goop. I really like the consistency and packaging but best of all, the price! I got the very large bottle (with pump) for $5.99, in NYC, which is amazing! Anyway, I do feel slight firming but I highly doubt it's a miracle in a bottle. I will continue to use this to see if I get any results... The scent isn't GREAT but it's very light and fades away after about 30 minutes, so no biggie there! Give it a try if you're a person who does not like the heaviness of just about every moisturizer out there :)

on 6/27/2011 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This seems to smooth (because of the lacic acid) and temporarily firm at least as well as and probably better than any other lotions and it's the cheapest option out there. PEEE YOOOO does it ever stink, though!

on 1/10/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can say that this product does nothing to noticeably firm my skin, and it's also a rubbish moisturiser. No matter how much I use it, my skin still stays dry. The only positive thing about this is the smell is fairly nice and it's absorbed easily. Not recommended.

on 12/23/2009 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

i have been using this for years. it does its job: firm your skin. it's a pretty good moisturizer for summer but not so much for winter. i personally think it does such a good job with firming that i still use this lotion during winter. compared to st. ive's firming lotion, i prefer this. i actually ran out of this stuff recently and switched over to try st. ive's firming body lotion. ok, i like st. ive's, but i love vaseline's more! vaseline's formula is a bit thicker, which i like, and i feel more moisturized. the smell is not horrible like others have said and its just a sweet smell.....it even reminds me of olay and st. ives as well!! its not overwhelming b'cos i mean, all lotions have scents to them.
......i had no problems with this lotion burning my skin or anything. no breakouts, no problems. i love this! i recommended this to a friend and she told me she noticed stretch marks disappear as well! i can even say the same for myself for stubborn little stretch marks on my thighs.
the price isnt too bad. it will vary depending on where you purchase yours. i got mine at walmart for about 5-6.
............... i go through this like crazy. the only problem i have is that when i'm done with this, there is still product left over way down in the bottom that i wish i could get out. i've planned on actually trying to open the bottle itself and put what is leftover in another a smaller sized bottle because trust me, there is a lot of lotion leftover than can still be used!

on 5/2/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so this lotion definately does firm and you get a lot for your money..BUT it BURNS and STINGS so bad that I can't even use it. My boyfriend even used it by mistake one day and asked me why the hell I would torture myself with this stuff. My skin is not sensitive either so it's not just my skin.

on 3/29/2009 1:54:00 PM

Horrible smell, nice texture, IT WORKS! Simple as that, definitely firms my thighs well..

on 3/22/2009 10:32:00 PM

This is for the "Intensive Care Advanced Benefits Firming". While I am only in my 20s, my skin around the back of my thighs and my butt have 'dimpling' and wanted to minimize it. I use this twice a day (morning and night)and rub it in for about 30 seconds and I could tell a difference within the first week. I do lunges and squats as well to combat, but can tell a significant difference while using this lotion. I have used it off and on for a while just on those problem areas and when ! am using it there is a difference.

Top Rated Vaseline Products