September 20, 2014 | 1569 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Brazilian

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Dark brick red color that lasts for hours and doesn't dry our my lips. I don't mind the scent, it goes away after a few minutes. Perfect for fall/winter!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

A warm red! Pretty brick red (red with a touch of brown) for those of us who don't look good in blue-reds. NC15. The only thing I don't like is the fragrance, it's kind of strange and fruity.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by pixairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've long been a victim of the dreaded fuchsia phenomenon and this was the stunning deep red I'd been searching for. It's an orange-red, but it still works for my neutral skin tone and dances the line between super sultry and professional really well. I always get compliments whenever I wear it. My one complaint is that it's super dry, so expect lizard lips if you forget to swipe some balm underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've actually bought this twice. I've always wanted a dramatic reddish brown lipstick so when I saw this on sale I bought it. It's a really nice burgundy shade on me and have received many compliments when wearing this. I use a light hand then build more to intensify the amount. It doesn't bleed at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This would get a 5 if it didn't slightly bleed. You need l/l with this. It's a beautiful brick-red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first Rimmel lipstick I bought way back in the day repeatedly and I still like to keep a tube in my makeup bag. I went through a red lipstick phase that lasted a decade and a half!! Now I have transitioned into nudes and pinks, but this is still a colour that I like to wear from time to time. A great shade of red with spicy brown undertones that can be worn as a stain or full on lip colour. The only draw back to this particular line from Rimmel is it's very drying on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by centric

When I was looking at the rack of Lasting Finish Lipsticks, I decided to grab Brazilian because the color on the sticker was the most appealing brown-red to me. I got luck, because the color is just beautiful! It's not too dark, but definitely turns the hue of my pink lips down to nice, subtle brown-red. It's a little drying but that can be fixed by conditioning/prepping your lips with a nice lipbalm or lip conditioner.

The lasting power is alright --- longer than the usual liptstick but not super long lasting. The color is a brown-red that looks nice even on light skin, just apply with a light hand. I'm an NC30 but this doesn't wash me out and make me look pale like many other dark hues. The packaging is cute with its embossed Rimmel crown at the top, though it feels a little bigger than the usual tube and kind of cheap considering it is plastic. But it is a drugstore lipstick, so I don't expect much packaging wise. Just as long as the actual product inside is great and the packing is decent, it's all good!

I'm definitely purchasing this again. It looks great on its own or with a little sparkle and shine via lipgloss.

PROS
- Beautiful color
- Nice/average lasting power
- Applies smoothly
- Very pigmented (I have to apply with a light hand!)

CONS
- A little drying, but that's because I forgot to put lipbalm on first!
- Packaging feels cheap
- Transfers/rubs off but it is minimal

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by piquiwithmaple

I bought this lipstick on sale. I wanted a cheap, yet with a reasonable quality, lipstick for everyday use. I always liked deep brown redish colours on me, so I decided to give it a try.
I did like it!! It's very smooth and covers well. The stay power is quite good---it's not longwear, though. I do agree with some reviewers regarding the smell, which is very artificial, but it is nothing I can't stand. My husband finds it really sexy, so I think it paied off.
CURIOSITY: I am Brazilian! hehehehe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the perfect shade of deep sexy red lipstick that I have been looking for. You can have so much fun with this because it can be used as a stain and dabbed on lightly with a finger for Daytime wear, then if you need to up the volume a bit you can apply from the tube or with a brush, believe me,you will turn heads, its a super sexy colour!! I also found that it doesn't make my lips look smaller,like some darker shades can do, but it actually seems to enhance them so thats a bonus. The finish is basically matt so its longlasting but this can also be quite drying. A little bit of balm on the lips first or a slick of gloss after will fix that! So after a summer of nude and pink lips,i'm really excited about this very versatile red/brown shade. For ref, i have black hair,green eyes and medium/pale skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Brazilian is a absolutely gorgeous brown shade with warm red undertones. It is creamy yet not slick. I think it is devine in every way.