November 26, 2014 | 910 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lycra Wear (All Shades)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

my favorite line. the only nail polish that really lasts 10 days. wonderful brush and the formula never thickens (not even after 4 years!!). seriously love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by rocketbabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this polish in Night Flight and Posh Trash.
Night Flight is a very dark purple in the bottle but after 2-3 coats on the nails it looks almost black -- you can really only see hints of purple in sunlight. The formula for this polish is great, not too thin or too thick, gives a perfectly opaque, streak-free finish after 2 coats. Dries reasonably fast but can be smudged or nicked if a good top coat isn't applied when it's dried enough.
Posh Trash is a shimmery beigey bronze, and gives a perfectly opaque finish with just one coat, but I do 2 for good measure. The formula is the perfect consistency, but if you're not careful you can see the brush strokes in the finish. Dries quickly and doesn't smudge.
I love the flat brush, it makes it so easy to use and I hardly get any polish on the skin around my nails. Costs about $10 for the small bottles and $15 for the large in New Zealand (which, believe it or not, is actually pretty cheap for nail polish). Will definitely be buying more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Long lasting !!!

I'm not expecting this polish to last 10 days, but I think maybe it just could! I am on DAY 6, and I am only starting to see wear at the edges. I'm wearing a soft color, so a darker color might show the wear just a bit more, but this is a nice surprise, for sure! I like the brush which is wide enough to cover in three strokes yet small enough to not make a mess.

The biggest downside with this polish is dry-time. I applied my usual 2 light coats of OPI Nail Envy, then two coats of RIMMEL LYCRA 10-DAY, then a liberal coat of SECHE VITA. Usually, I am dry to the touch in 5 minutes with SH or OPI polish, but with the RIMMEL I was dry to the touch in the 1-2 hour time frame. Definitely slow to dry and easy to nick, but I think the results are worth it.

I picked up several colors on a blowout sale, and I am quite happy that I did. Here's a run-down -

# 358 HIPPY CHICK - looks peach in-bottle but on me it's a near-sheer opalescent cream with pink flash - needs three coats for total coverage - looks almost pink in low light

# 283 PURE SIN - looks pink-mauve in bottle but on me wears more like a soft pink-beige nude with a little flash. At 2 coats it is still sheer & might make an interesting french mani if the tips were applied first. It's a cool (not warm) color. If it had a bit more flash, it would be less boring. Definitely work-appropriate and more of a girlie color.

# 305 CASHMERE - looks rose-mauve in bottle and that's pretty much what it is, yet it's got a warmth to it - another work appropriate color - probably the most "mature" color in the lot

# 366 BEIGE - what a misnomer - this is a chrome bronze if there ever was one - one of the younger colors in the lot but not my thang

# 414 INSOLENCE - Silver polish with sparkle but without glitter or chrome. It's more than SH Diamond (05). Very nice but best reserved for three coats & worn during the holidays & at parties, in my opinion - another younger color in the lot - for those into nail art, this is one to look into - would also be good for an accent nail - just not my thang

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by glasker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nasty nasty nasty. Maybe I'm missing something with this giant brush but the polish is a horrible watery consistency and a nightmare to apply with the gargantuan brush. It goes on very streaky and sheer, takes an age to dry and after 2-3 coats looks awfully uneven. The finish is gross. I love nail products but this is just a disaster. The shades are lovely but not worth the effort.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is supposed to last 10 days... obviously I wasn't expecting it to last that long (what nail polish does?), but I expected it to last more than two. Had a lot of chipping, and the formula is very watery and thin. I was using Ash Rose for reference. Wouldn't purchase again, despite the color range being very diverse!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by throwingpaint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate hate hate these polishes! I have bought 3 colours and all of them are so clear, you need 3 coats to get a decent idea of the colour and even then you can still see your nail line!
I absolutely love the brush on these though, it's just a shame about the terrible polish within.
For those who like opaque colours, don't bother with these at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ketu86

I have this in 283 Pure Sin, its a baby doll pink with shimmer. It's a nice everyday colour and I love the shimmer in it. It is quite sheer and even with two coats if you put your hands up to the light you can see the white tips of your nails. Goes on really easily and takes a while to dry. Starts chipping on day 2.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I wish I could give this a 3.5! Im not generally a NP kind of gal, and I am hopeless at applying it. But I managed quite well with this brush, however, the first coat did look streaky. I definately had to apply two coats to get an even colour (not sure if this is me, or the NP formula). I had this in the dark purple colour, which is a really nice shade. It did start chipping off in two days which was disappointing, although for the price point, it is worth trying. Not super impressed, but a pretty good product overall

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I love the OPI-like wide brush that fans out perfectly, covering each nail in a couple of strokes without going over the edges. Secondly, my nails never stain and have stayed flexible and healthy while using this brand! Some other brands make my nails so brittle that if I remove their polish without immediately re-applying (letting them "rest"), half my nails snap off to stubs within a day or two. Not Rimmel.

I saw a few people mention a few of the palest shades look uneven, but its not really if you take a moment to apply properly. The first couple of brush-strokes can look slightly streaky with a few tiny bubbles, but give it a couple more brush-strokes and it becomes perfectly even and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by rawcus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have serious love for Rimmel nail polishes. I own about 12 in a variety of shades...summar corals and pinks to autumnal purples and blues to office neutrals. I know it promises 10 days without chipping and I can't vouch for that, but when properly applied with 2 coats I get a good 5 days out of these polishes with only minor chips. I don't even own the top coat so they've probably got even more longevity.

I fell in love initially with the brush - I have nails that are quite long (not the tips, the actual nail itself) and my fingernails need one sweep with the brush for polish perfection. This means I can do my nails in under 5 minutes with minimum spillage. They dry very quickly as well. If you have small nails I imagine the brush may be too large.

Great tange of colours, decent staying power, quick drying, easy applicaton....I may love the look of some HE polishes but when Rimmel do it this well for under a fiver I'm not going to change. They do eventually emulate the HG colours of Chanel etc but it does take a while so I'm often a season behind. But who cares?

I will repurchase until I have the whole range!