Nuxe Reve de Miel Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

3.9

Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Tea-Lauryl Sulfate, Triethanolamine, Mel (Honey) Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Tilia Platyphyllos Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum (Fragrance), Glyceryl Laurate, Sodium Propylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Pottasium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydrocetate, Sodium Chloryde, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Coumarin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I expected this cleanser to be a luxurious, pleasant experience. It was anything but! The smell is horrendous, strong and heavily perfumed. You very rarely hear me complain about the scent of products being too strong, I love scented products, but this I couldn't stand. I've never come across a cleanser that claims to be natural with such a strong, chemical smell. I wanted to use it for makeup removing as well (which it claims to do), but it stung my eyes quite badly, so that's a no-go as well. I expected it to lather well at least, but it doesn't. If I use it with my hands, I can't work up any lather at all. If I pour it directly onto my Luna mini I can get some lather, but not enough to be suitable to use with it. It was months and months ago that I had acne across my forehead, but after using this for a while I was breaking out there again. If it was otherwise a nice cleanser I might have pushed through and seen if it was just during the transition, but I'm definitely done with this product at the first signs of my skin worsening. Awful product! If you're fragrance sensitive, stay far, far away from this. If you're not - chances are you'll still be shocked and appalled by the scent. On top of everything, when reading up on NUXE I found them to not be as "all natural" and nature friendly as they want you to think. First and last time buying this brand, and I will not finish this product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a harsh, heavily perfumed bactericide. It made the dry skin on my hands burn like fire, and the STRONG fragrance threw my allergies into full swing. I had to throw this away immediately to make sure I wouldn't suffer another fit of wheezing. This does not smell like honey. At all. It smells like Fracas made with honeysuckle.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

There's nothing gentle about this.
The most awful fragance I've ever encountered.
Lathers well but dries my skin absurdly. I don't understand the hype about Nuxe and I don't understand how such abrasive products could be targeted at sensitive skin.
Nothing redeeming about this gel, truly, except the packaging.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used different Nuxe products, and before using this one I actually used Nuxe-Micellar Foam Cleanser.
I was so happy with my Foam Cleanser that i thought i would love all Nuxe products. I actually love their lip balm (totally amazing), their hand cream, BUT i didn't get to love this product.
I have dry sensitive skin, sometimes prone to break ups if running into the wrong product.
This product has a very nice smell and feels silky when you put it on your face, but to me it gave kind of an allergic reaction. My eye area got hyper sensitive, dry and red. It felt as if i put something that burned my skin from inside. Terrible.
And i didn't actually clean as well as my foam cleanser that i had before. Definitely going back to the old one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this cleanser online thinking it would be a good cleanser/makeup remover in the shower. It is drying, not that great at removing non-waterproof eye makeup and most importantly, smells absolutely horrible. It smells like the cleaning chemicals they use in public restrooms to mask odors. Its like this sort of smoky, chemically smell with an overtone of honey. And it would be one thing if it was a mild smell, but its very intense and lingers. Would not recommend to anyone--regardless of skin type--based on the overpowering, horrible smell alone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Rewriting my review. I wanted to like this but my skin got progressively worse. Like from not needing to wear makeup to having breakouts everywhere. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare, so I put it down to this. I didn't use this last night to cleanse my face and it already feels calmer this morning. I definitely don't recommend this to sensitive, acne prone people. The scent is also too perfumey if you are used to using naturally scented products for a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have to agree with some previous reviews that this cleanser is definitely not one for sensitive skin. It started stinging on my face and it's extremely heavily fragranced with a kind of HC perfumated honey scent. Imagine this: since it didn't work on my skin I washed my hair with it and the scent still lingered in my hair the next evening. Heavy stuff! I'm sure this cleanser works great on many less dry skin types but if your skin cannot tolerate anything drying and is truly sensitive, dont't waste your money on this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gentle, takes off all the makeup. Rinses off well and leaves my face sooo soft. I don't have to use a moisturizer afterward if i don't want to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this from Walgreens with the purpose of using it as a eye makeup remover. Unfortunately it stung my eyes. I will not repurchase.

The scent is so strong! I used to use this happily but stopped using it. I recently got a sample and was thrilled to "rediscover" it again but I was sick to my stomach at the scent, which is the fourth ingredient so it is extremely strong. Most products for sensitive skin, if they have scent at all since it is a major irritant, have fragrance as one of the last ingredients. It is a shame they ruined a great product.