August 30, 2014 | 1762 users online

Cleansers - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by vasili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nuxe make lovely unctuous creams and lotions and potions for the face and body.

They are a plant based company that delivers and are very popular in France and worldwide.

This cleansing gel is fabulous - rich and mild.

Cleanses the skin thoroughly without stripping it.

I highly recommend this lovely cleanser and the Nuxe brand in general.

However there is a caveat.

The cleanser has been reformulated and is of a much richer consistancy.

However I have stopped short of giving this product full marks because of the new smell of this product. I can't really describe it and it may put some people off. It can take some getting used to,

But other than that this is another superlative product from a premier French brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by berfin

it cleanses soft and sensitive way, doesn't cause acne for me, very big bottle and it's enough for me to use 4-5 months

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rewound

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This caused an immediate burning sensation and made my skin red, dehydrated and wrinkly. I used it as instructed, on wet skin. I only tried it once as I was too scared to use it again. I had to wash my face again with Cetaphil an hour later to calm it down.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really strong cleanser, gets rid of oil, makeup etc but doesn't help with blackheads (my major concern :) ) and sometimes can leave my skin feeling a bit too clean and tight (and I have very very oily skin). Also the scent is too much for my liking so I would not recommend this product for dry or sensitive skin. But overall it's a good cleanser that doesn't break me out but doesn't improve my skin either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by littlemaki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

IN LOOOOOOVE with this ! Gently removes my makeup (or...what's left of it) after a long day at school and purifies my skin from all the sweat and oil (I live in a very hot and humid country). Smell is absolutely gorgeous.
I would NOT recommend it to people who wear a lot of heavy foundation and powder, as it will take you a looot of time to wash it off !
You can use it on your eyes, but I rather take off my eye makeup (I usually wear mascara and a bit of brown eyeliner in the waterline) with an oily eye makeup remover and remove any makeup remover residue around my eye while removing my face makeup with this cleanser.
The smell is also gorgeous !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

This review is for Reve de Miel Face cleansing and Make removing gel. I think its gonna serve as an ok cleanser but i was hoping it to be more heavy duty to remove makeup. The scent is pretty strong so if that bothers u. Wont be purchasing this again but didnt regret trying this out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I have sensitive combination skin, and this is really nice to use.

Yes, it is gentle, but I really wish it didn't had such a stong perfume scent to it. I have been allergic to soaps with perfumes before, but so far no breakouts from this product. :-)

- it cleanses ok (not really deep cleansing, but does keep my skin looking nice mostly) and removes face makeup, but for eye makeup I would really recommend to use a eye makeup remover instead.

I might try another cleanser when I run out of this, but if I don't find something better than this, I deffintly will repurchase.

btw. I love the pump that it has!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally, I would be hard-pressed to pay $19.00 for a 6 ounce bottle of facial cleanser - but after reading reviews on several sites, including this one, I was intrigued. I especially paid attention to the feedback given by the women in my age range (I'm 41), and I think those are the reviews that finally swayed me.
First of all, the scent. I was kind of expecting something either borderline unpleasant or too strongly of honey, or just plain foul. For me, it wasn't like any of that. The scent is definitely present and noticeable, definitely botanical, and definitely has a note of honey - but I didn't find it at all unpleasant, offensive or too strong. But, that's me. Everyone's olfactory senses are different, so...yeah.
Moving on...
I use one single pump to clean my entire face and neck, and I find that is quite enough. It does, in fact, very effectively dissolve and remove face make-up as well as eye make-up. I don't use a waterproof mascara, so I can't speak to it's effectiveness in removing that - but I'm quite pleased nonetheless. I use it with a little bit of warm water and swirl away.
I think two pumps would be a waste of product, to be honest.
Having said that, I think this bottle will last me quite a while if I only need to use one pump per wash, thus justifying the pricetag.
After all is said and done, my face feels clean and soft with no uncomfortable tightness or residue. No breakouts or "weirdness" so far with my combo/oily/sensitive skin.
I think this is a great all-around facewash/make-up remover in a snap, to be sure, but I wouldn't rely on it for anything more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a very difficult skin and its not easy to keep my skin in balance. I have had dry and sensitive skin since i was a kid, but in my teenage years my skin got oily and acne prone. Then it got better (still dry and sensitive, but the acne was gone). Now I am 26 years and my skin is dry, sensitive, oily and acne-prone (hormonal acne, I think). All in all, finding suitable products that dont make my skin dry, red, oily or break my skin out, are quite difficult to find.

This cleanser has lately become my favourite. It seems to keep my skin in balance, it does not give me any pimples but it also doesnt dry my skin out. I have now been using this for a couple of weeks and it really seems to work! Usually most of the cleansers break my skin out in a few days or sting and burn my skin, but this feels "right".

One thing I love about this cleanser is how well it takes my bare minerals foundation off. Most of the cleansers for dry and sensitive skin leave traces of makeup on my skin, but this one really cleanses everything and the skin feels super clean, yet not tight. Though it is for dry skin, it also works for oily skin, I think. My skin is often very shiny and oily (especially in the summertime) but this cleanser has balanced that and my skin doesnt get that oily anymore. It also moisturizes my skin, and I don´t have to use so much moisturizer afterwards. So, I would say this is by far the best cleansing product for those, who have sensitive, acne prone mixed skin with some oiliness and some dryness.

I´m not a fan of the smell, its way too strong! Usually I like fragranced products, but here the fragrance is just too much. But since this seems to work so well for my skin, I couldnt care less for the heavy fragrance. I will surely and gladly repurchase, because its only 15euros in my local pharmacy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I picked this up at a Paris pharmacy - how I love them! I've tried the Nuxe dry oil in the past and liked it. And in this case I was drawn in by the brand and by the great value. I got a 400 ml bottle and it said "New". I don't know if this "New" is in reference to the formula or the packaging, or the size, or the fact that it's for face AND body but well, there you go.

Although I didn't notice when I bought it that this is for dry and sensitive skin (whereas I have super oily skin in a super humid climate), I don't regret getting this. Firstly, it feels really gentle as it claims and I am not for using harsh drying products on oily skin. I use this only on my face in the morning when I need a gentle cleanse and it feels quite soothing. It's also soap free and yet I have not broken out or anything even though I have very oily acne-prone skin. People have spoken about the smell. It is strong but I don't really mind it. The packaging is beautiful in a typically French pharmacy way and very user-friendly. One pump is really all you need for your face and neck. It provides a gentle foam which is enough to make you feel quite clean. I think this is also ideal to use with Clarisonic and it has 90% natural ingredients. All in all, this looks like it could be my HG cleanser.

Edit: I have been using this for 3 months now and I am so afraid of running out! This HAS become my HG cleanser as I predicted earlier. It just feels so relaxing to use. One thing I want to say to all acne prone people - rinse off all products thoroughly. Don't leave any residue behind. A very simple but effective thing you can do to improve your skin.