September 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Other - Tom's of Maine - Peppermint plus Whitening

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by maddie18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I eliminated fluoride after realizing it was the reason it was making me break out so badly around my mouth and neck. After using this toothpaste for about a month, I have not only seen clearer skin but also my teeth are whiter, something every tooth paste brand claims but only this brand has actually done. This is an awesome product that I will continue to buy as long as they continue to make it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was recently Diagnosed with Hashimotos thyroiditis and was told to eliminate all Fluoride form my diet (Water and toothpaste, Soft Drinks etc.). So Tom's was my first choice. Since switching I noticed that my teeth stay cleaner for much longer than regular fluoridated toothpaste and this one made my coffee stains disappear very quickly. It's actually pretty mild in taste and texture and I couldn't be more happier to use a good Quality natural product that I know is not poisoning me with Fluoride. A few times a Week I also post Rinse using Hydrogen Peroxide and my teeth are as white if not whiter than if I used Crest strips for three months. I have even had compliments on how white my teeth are now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wasn't too crazy about the taste. I think I might try the spearmint one instead.

Medicinal Ingredient: sodium monoflurophosphate 0.76% w/w, zinc citrate trihydrate 1.00% w/w (purified zinc). Non-medicinal ingredients: glycerin, water, calcium carbonate, hydrated silica, xylitol, carrageenan, peppermint oil, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium bicarbonate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm half way through my first tube of this. Reason I switched from crest whitening is because I was googling reasons for cracking lips and tooth paste was listed as a possible cause! I went out and picked this up as it said natural but still whitening and I figured it would be gentler on my gums and lips. My lips went from peeling cracked and bleeding back to a normal level of winter dryness with in a couple of days. I noticed now my teeth are even whitter then they were after using crest for years. Not Sure if it's because I cut back on the coffee but I love this toothpaste regardless. I am kind of confused as to why they use a sulfate for foaming why can't they just make it so it doesn't foam? I'll still use it even after finding this out just because of how much better it is than Crest!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by StarlitReprise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started looking for a good natural toothpaste after I learned that a lot of toothpastes can irritate skin and cause acne, which I've always had a problem with on my chin. When I purchased Tom's of Maine flouride-free plus whitening in peppermint I had high expectations for this product, as I had read some good reviews for it, but it didn't quite live up to its name for me.

It was generally nice. It has a pleasant peppermint taste that isn't overpowering and foams up surprisingly well. However, after reviewing the ingredients list I realized it contains sodium lauryl sulfate ( hence the foaming ), a substance I'd been wanting to avoid. It makes my teeth feel very clean, though I feel that it makes the inside of my mouth and my tongue feel a bit strange afterwards, like they've been stripped of something. ( Sort of a mild feeling similar to when you eat too many salt and vinegar chips and it makes your tongue raw. )

This does a good job of cleaning, but it failed for me as a whitening toothpaste. I don't need blinding white teeth, but this toothpaste doesn't do a good job of removing coffee stains. I'm a big coffee drinker, though I'm sure to brush my teeth promptly after. I'm rating this as a three largely because I was expecting a product that advertises as whitening to be a little more adequate in doing so.

Price: Approx. $7 CAN after tax. ( from my experience, this is an average price for a natural toothpaste )

~OVERALL~
PROS - clean teeth, virtually no pimples on chin, nice taste
CONS - contains sodium lauryl sulfate, doesn't whiten well, leaves tongue feeling a bit raw

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

We have used a few brands over the years, but on a whim, I decided to try this toothpaste since my husband likes their bar soap. This is wonderful and fresh tasting . It does *not* irritate/sting my gums the way other toothpaste has (such as my Listerine brand of toothpaste, which is now history). This is the whole care version with whitening and fluoride and has the genuine peppermint extract which is not too strong, yet still clean tasting. This pairs well with my new Sonicare - my mouth has never felt cleaner and my gums are no longer irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once you try the natural toothpaste, you will not go back to the artificial ones, the taste is that different (and better) i like this toothpaste the best, i tried the spearmint and dont like it half as much as the peppermint. leaves my mouth feeling so clean and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only toothpaste that we use (except my two year old daughter uses the silly strawberry). I love the fact that this toothpaste contains xylitol. Since I've been using it my teeny cavities do not bother me....i'll still have them fixed though. My whole entire life toothpaste always grossed me out but I didn't really have a choice whether or not to use it. This toothpaste doesn't gross me out at all because it has a completely natural peppermint taste/smell and it isn't sweetened which I love! Plus it keeps my teeth super clean and squeaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Lkn4Him

This is all we ever use now. It's not some big life-changing thing, but it's a nice alternative to the usual flouride toothpastes. The smell is nice, the taste is nice and minty, but not too strong. It does a good job of cleaning and freshening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whlle recently shopping for new toothpaste, I came across this. I liked what I saw on first squeeze. The crystal clear formula was an interesting change from the normal gooey gels and thick pastes. Next, I noticed the almost bitter peppermint taste which I wasn't real crazy about at first. (I guess I was so used to the artificially sweet taste of the others). The next thing that impressed me was that it didn't leave behind that white stringy film that I've noticed with other brands. Now...for the best part of all! It really cleans my teeth well. At the end of the day, they're still squeeky clean and smooth. Needless to say, this is my signature toothpaste for life. Great product!