April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Potion Perfume

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent!! I fell in love with the lotion and was so disappointing when it was discontinued. This perfume makes up for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Multifaceted

I regret buying this. Every time I wear it it makes me nauseous and I have to remove it. I've never lasted more than 15 minutes before the increasing emetic effect sends me running. Aside from my negative reaction, it smells ok so long as it's applied lightly. By the way, I've never had a reaction like that before. I'm not super sensitive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just got this today. It smells just like the wiccy magic muscle bar. like cloves or cinnamon hearts. I don't smell roses or carnations. That is just me.
Update: I do smell roses...and other flowers...I don't like it on me at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If I wanted to smell like a Christmas ham wearing men's cologne... well let's just say I would have some issues. However I would also be buying this product. I cannot fathom wearing this. It is the most horrific scent combination I have ever encountered.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own several perfumes by Lush and have not once been disappointed so I ordered (solid) Potion unsniffed. It's described as a spicy clove scent which is what originally drew me to it. I'm also interested in more enviromentally friendly products, so a solid perfume in a tin, with some organic ingredients, all vegan and animal-friendly sounded quite good to me.... Well... it's true- Potion is spicy. Very spicy. The clove dominates the scent. As a spice lover, I can't believe that it's a bit too much even for me. My granny used to keep dry clove pieces in her drawer- so I can testify that Potion smells like the real deal- quite intense, with an incensey/woodsy depth- This is a concentrated dark clove with orange oil. A spicy, warm rich, autumn scent. On the down-side it smells a bit overpowering when first applied. Almost medicinal. It takes too long for the spice to soften and calm down. Once it does I'm left with a warm and cozy scent. Potion doesn't impress me as much as other LUSH fragrances (Ginger, Karma, Icon, Silky Underwear...) but I don't hate it. I'm not crazy about the tin though, it's very hard to open. But that's the case with all of their solid perfume tins.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the idea of non-synthetic solid fragrance, but this particular fragrance doesn't do it for me. To me, it smells just like Bain de Soleil Orange Gelee, which I like - but I don't really want to smell like it very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by LizM9

YAY!!! I was So excited to see this in a solid perfume. I was a huge fan of the lotion, and was pining for a perfume in this lovely, spicy, oddly sexy, totally unique scent. It is somehow fitting that this is in a solid perfume and not a spray - the scent is rich and evolves with your chemistry and body heat. I think I paid 13 dollars for the tin, and use so little at a time that this will probably last for years. This take the fragarance of a sweet, common little flower and sexes it up with spice and curves. As with most LUSH products, I believe there is that element of scent that will turn some people off - in this case, those who prefer a more singular note of carnation. The extra dimensions of spice are what set this apart. And as with other LUSH this will not make you smell like the girl in the next cubicle who is wearing some boring permutation of the latest Calvin Klein/ Estee Lauder/whatever fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

As my all time favorite body lotion is Potion, of course i'm going to give this 5 lippies! I'll buy anything with this fragrance but sadly, the solid perfume doesn't hold as long as the conventional perfume, which surprised me. Anyway, its still gorgeous and lasts ages when layered.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 7:24:00 AM More reviews by LadySelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have it in Solid perfume!
the potion of rose,carnation and a little of Tangerine is the best scent in the world!the smell of Potion is my fave,it's timeless,classic and sensual!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

I love the packaging of this product for it's portability. The smell, however, is a little TOO spicy. It's lovely after it's toned down a bit, but it tends to make me feel a little sick to my stomach while waiting for it to tone down. Probably wouldn't buy it again.