August 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Fever

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by robyn_c

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lush Fever solid perfume fragrance is something I was looking forward to receiving, but unfortunately it fell short of my expectations. I have never tried Lush products before and I had ordered the item online.

This little package comes in a metal screw off cap container. Firstly I happen to think that metal tins are a bad idea. Metal can have the tendency to taint the substance contained therein. I have found this to be especially true of the Burt's Bees lip balms. Unlike the Burt's Bees lip balm this container has the threading that would help prevent spillage. I would imagine that you may still get some leakage though in the summer time if the product were to soften or melt. (For example if left in a hot car.)

I have always found that the best containers for this type of product are the plastic ones with screw top lids. Which I personally choose to find a snug fitting thin rubber o-ring to prevent leakage and or cap loosening. The tin is about 1.5 inches in diameter and about 0.5 inches tall. It holds 0.35oz of product.

Upon opening this convenient looking tin I took a smell of the product. It is aromatic with a slight waxy smell. I had kind of expected this from some of the ingredients. It has a more woody, earthy tone than I had expected from other reviews. I did not notice any of the jasmine that the container mentioned. I happen to love jasmine so this was a disappointment. Fever had a faint sandalwood odor and almost a pine smell. It is possible that I received a product that had been on the shelf a while and the contents of the oils had gone rancid. Again, it smelt distinctly like pine. Not dissimilar to that of a green magic tree car air freshener, with undertones of a heavy musty smell like frankincense.

The product itself was very firm to the touch and had an amber hue upon visual observation. It did leave a slight waxy sensation to the touch after applying to the skin, but nothing that I would consider too uncomfortable. Perhaps a little heavier than say Vaseline with some more staying power. I would not expect this product to have any effect on clothing unless I had put a lot on and had a very sensitive cloth rub against it, like silk.

So far as price I was a little dismayed at the price tag that Lush asks, perhaps if it had been what I had expected from the description I would not have had any qualms paying the $12 price tag. I don't usually buy fragrances so thinking of this item as $12 plus shipping as money down the drain is somewhat disheartening.

As I mentioned earlier I have never tried Lush products before but this particular item seems to have turned me off of all their products. Even as a one-off I have to rate this item poorly. It did not meet my expectations. Considering I will never use this item I personally consider Fever poor value for money. The packaging looks nice but has the potential of contaminating the fragrance with the contact of metal.

I would not buy this product again. To be impartial to different peoples opinions regarding fragrances I would suggest finding a local store and sampling the product before buying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

The fragrance is a heady mix of rose, jasmine, sandalwood and gardenia, the same as in LUSH's own Fever massage bar. Personally I prefer the massage bar to the perfume: the scent just doesn't seem as overwhelming. The blend is busy and the notes create a spicy, old-fashioned scent. LUSH creates some great scents, but I wouldn't call them perfume-makers. This is a perfect example why.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 7:59:00 AM More reviews by dinahad

This is a heavy, heady floral in the same scent as Lush's Fever Massage bar. It was made as a Limited Edition special for forum members at the end of 2005. It is very potent and a little goes a long long way. To me, it is difficult to pick out one particular note and it smells a lot like the inside of a Lush shop (with many notes comingling). You must be a fan of strong florals to enjoy this properly.