July 28, 2014 | 963 users online

Gels/Soaps - Annick Goutal - Soap

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Annick Goutal eau d'Hadrien perfume and lotion. I assumed I would love the shower gel as well but alas not so much. I don't find the shower gel to be strongly perfumed at all. Definitely the scent of the shower gel does not linger on the skin or in the bathroom. This was a huge disappointment. I am confused that the lotion is so strongly scented and lasts for hours on the skin but the shower gel is almost unscented (and costs a fortune). Perhaps they scent it strongly in the factory but the shower gel just doesn't hold the scent? I would not purchase again or recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2002 11:24:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This soap comes in a bath size only. All fragrances are cream-colored and come in a gold paper wrapper. The soap itself is fantastic quality - fine-milled, hard to the touch, readily produced creamy lather, and long-lasting scent that persists right to the end of the soap. I use it for hand washing only. It leaves hands soft and delicately scented. It would be suitable for the body too, but I think the fragrance content makes it less good for the face. I have tried the scents Eau d'Hadrien, Eau du Sud, Ce Soir ou Jamais and Passion. All are very true to the source fragrance. This is an exquisite soap with a price to match, but if you keep it for hand basin use at least it will last a long time.