September 30, 2014 | 1747 users online

Pressed Powders - Givenchy - Prismissime 32 Pastel Bloom

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by dulcinea14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Packaging: The compact is small, slightly smaller than my palm. Small enough to carry in your pocket. It is black and the outside has the Givenchy logo in a sort of patterned holographic silver. I think it would have looked more sophisticated if the logo were a plain silver or gold. The compact has a mirror and the tray lifts up to reveal a wide flat powder brush.

Content: 9 pastel powders that can be worn as eyeshadow or blended together for a translucent powder. The powder is finely milled, feels silky, almost liquidy when I rubbed some between my fingers. The quality is top notch. I didn't not see any shimmer on my face at all. It looks pretty matte to me when applied. Only 1 of the 9 powders has any shimmer and its barely detectable even looking at the powder itself under light. Guerlain's Mythic is way more shimmery.

The dual-use is a big deal to me. I like the idea of having one small item to carry around for powder & shadow touch ups (even though the colors are very pale). This compact and a small lipgloss is all I need for touch-ups and I don't even have to carry them around in a purse. They both would fit nicely in my jeans pocket or the tinest of evening bags. I would only use this for touch-ups on the go, however. General day to day use would dwindle the powder to nothing too quick.

Its expensive, but worth it for a quality dual-use portable compact.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2006 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Joyousdays

Content shimmer in the central powder, when your brush on the whole 9 powders, they go to your face as loose powder have some glowing effect.
The case are lovely, exquisite, and the mini brush hiding under the powder, just like a small jewel box.
The powder go quickly, it is $50, a little bit overprice, and there are thousand shimmer loose powder out there at the low price, so I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to buy this for yonks as it looks so pretty and finally I splurged the cash. This produce is worth the doe though, as it doublesup as a face poweder and eye shadows it metal. It has a fantastic brightening effect, without that dreaded glitter. It is a selection of 9 retty pastel shades and they look fab on. It has a dinky brush, but as always th brush sucks if you want a prope highlighter effect then use a bigger brush. This product shows up more in photos and gives the effect of flawless skin, which beleieve me is something I ave never experienced, except when I was a baby, not old nough to appreciate it. Like I said its no obvious unless you reall swirl that bush around. The compact it neat. Also dont forget these shades look fab on the eyes and brow bone. One palette does the basics.
Buy it, its great and ine has lasted for months on daily use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by diesel3

The concept of a pressed powder in white, sparkle, skin-colour, pink, blue and green seems like an ideal combination to cancel out redness, sallowness or whatever skin troubles may ail you. However, combined, they cannot perform optimally and you just get a normal translucent finish. This pressed powder is very light and fine milled, very nice to set a tm/foundation/concealer or on bare skin to add a bit more to the skin. It does not absorb oil or provide coverage. It comes in a beautiful 2-part compact topped with a prism decoration. The first layer houses the 9 3-D jewel-shaped powders and a mirror, and the lower level conains a small and relatively useless brush. There is no way you can blend the 7 different colours (2 colours are repeated) with the shape the brush is, but I guess it would be fine for touchups if you swipe it across the right colour combination. At over $50 US, I'm fairly unimpressed (hello $2 NYC powder that does the same thing) although it's a bit flashy to have a nice name brand compact.