September 20, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lip Treatments - Aveeno - Intense Relief Medicated Therapy Lip Protectant

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Shanwia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am currently in my 5th month on accutane and my lips have been so severely dry. They crack they peel and they bleed :( I have tried EVERY lip balm/ Chapstick you name it, that there is out there.. Till one day I grabbed this product from shoppers drug mart and honestly over night my lips were back to normal!!! I even notice I don't always need to put so much on!! ( if ur on accutane than u know how many times a day ur applying Chapstick! Lol) all in all it is a amazing product! And on or off accutane I'm going to continue purchasing aveeno intense lip therapy:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by makeuprincess4ever

I love this because it gives you a great non-chapped lip overnight if you apply it the night before. Or even under a lipstick or gloss. It has a interesting smell that is strong but it dosent smell bad. I love the feeling when its on your lips because it feels kind of minty so you can feel it working! I would recommend this if you get easily chapped lips like I do! I like the packaging because it is easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by KCNOODLE

This is the best lip balm I have ever used. However, I have not been able to find it lately and upon writing the company, I received the following response. I am so upset and have yet to find a suitable replacement. =(

Thank you for contacting the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Information Center. It is always important to hear from our consumers and we appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. Unfortunately, our Aveeno® Active Naturals™ Intense Relief Medicated Therapy has been discontinued. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for you. We assure you that your feedback will be shared with our marketing management. Please note that we do not sell our products on a direct basis, nor do we keep inventory of discontinued products on hand for distribution to consumers or retailers. All remaining inventory of this item has been shipped to our distributors. We encourage you to try one of the other fine products we offer. Please do look for our products at pharmacies, grocery stores and mass merchandisers. Again, thank you for your interest in our company. Should you have any comments or questions in the future, please contact us via our website or by calling our toll-free number, 1-888-638-5242. Our specialists are available Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM EST and will be happy to assist you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kyrah

This is definitely the best lip balm I've ever used. While I often stray to other brands for more interesting scents and consistencies (like LUSH, which smells divine, or the body shop, which has a lot of delicious options) I always find myself coming back to this one when my lips are in serious need of repair.

As soon as I put it on I feel my lips getting better..it is the perfect consistency, neither too thick or too slick. My favourite way to use it is to put it on before bed, and the next morning I can still feel it on my lips. Any dry skin that I had sloughs off easily to reveal fresh, soft skin. If I put on a little more in the morning, my lips feel great all day.

This certainly isn't very fancy, but it does the job. It is long lasting, creamy, and provides instant relief. I don't mind the smell either, kind of a vanilla mint scent with a definite menthol/medicinal background. Not nearly as bad as carmex.

I should mention that this is a review for the formula that comes in a pot. I have also tried the one that comes in the stick but found that it wasn't nearly as healing or moisturizing--it just felt like a regular chapstick to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by aimage

Love this lip balm! I have been using this forever and I can't remember how long since I first used it. I have went through more then 10 of these already for over a long period of time. Nothing can compare and this is the only lip balm that works for me. I have tried Carmex but it didn't do anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by o2choco

My favorite lip balm. It contains natural oatmeal, jojoba oil, shea butter, and petrolatum and menthol -- in short, all the good stuff that can do wonder do the most chapped lips. My must have product during winter because my lips would crack terribly without it. Would purchase again! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nid

This is my HG lip balm. I can't go without it. The moisture lasts and don't have to reapply often. I don't love the new packaging and price, but I can live them because it's the best lip balm I have ever tried and always find the need repurchase. It also has a nice shine and if you don't mind the tingly sensation I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by andy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This helped me survive a harsh Canadian winter! It's the best I've tried for dry, flaky chapped lips. It's a little menthol-y - but not overpowering - you only briefly notice the smell once you put it on. While it tingles a bit at the start, it's quite gentle & doesn't burn like other products. I bought the pot, but think maybe next time I'll try the chapstick version because it may be easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow is all I can say. I used to use Aquaphor and Paula's Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm, but this beats both! I usually hate lip products that are minty/tingly (Burt's Bees, for example), but this lip balm doesn't actually irritate my lips. It tingles a bit when I put it on before bed, and my lips stay MOIST until morning! This simply does not happen with any other lip balm I've tried. I got it for free with the Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash at the Canadian Superstore. What a great find!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nudistcolony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this stuff! i've tried soo many lip balms from Burt's Bee's (WHICH I HATE) to Elizabeth Arden (which was very good). I'd have to say this was the best though. My lips get very chapped in the harsh Canadian winter, and this is the only thing that has actually moisturized them and kept them feeling soft! so good. go buy it now