July 31, 2014 | 1868 users online

Fragrances - Satellite Padparadscha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Dry and deep woods and spices with slightly dirty leathery undertones. But it becomes Tam Dao on my skin in half an hour. Shame. 3.5

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty nice, more likely appropriate in winter or fall scent. I have to agree with the others about the lack of staying power. I sprayed 4 sprays on myself, only one is still detectable. Initially I got a clovey tobacco smell, but a nice one. It has evolved into a very light, cinnamony, spicy, not too sweet whisper of cedarwood and sandalwood, like unlit japanese koh. It is quite beautiful, but hardly detectable. I imagine this, while being unisex, would still smell better on a woman than a man.

Normally, I'm not into very 'earthy' woody scents, I hate dirt as a note, but I do love sandalwood (essential oil). However, I hated SL Santal de Mysore (and I normally love SL scents). This one is too light in sillage, not smoky at all, but has an unlit, high-quality incense scent, like it has been sitting in a cedarwood box, whose scent has mellowed and dissipated with age.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by fpih

This is very cedary to me and reminds me strongly of Jaisalmer. I like cedar so I liked it, but did not love it either. My husband who smelled it on me, asked me if I'm wearing a men's cologne. Not exactly the reaction I'd expected. Nice, but that's all for me; not FB worthy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by talintyre

I have to agree with NicoleL67, the initial woody spices are lovely, but within 30 min the perfume has completely disappeared, thankfully it was only a sample. I think for a similar spicy perfume, Montale Red Aoud is a better bet, which lasts about 7 hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice. Soft and warm. Spicy like Chilly Peppers. Sexy and intriguing. I pick up a little berry but Sandalwood is the main drydown. I'm really liking this. This could be unisex b/c it's so woody. This is Great for the cold winter months. This is not your typical floral, fruity, soapy, sweet, it's none of those things. It's Woody and Spice and all but Nice..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by nicolel67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this perfume from a fellow MUAer and loved it. However, when I got the full bottle and started using it, I found out that it has very little staying power on me. I smell it for a bit and then it's completely gone. Some fragrances leave a lingering base note on my skin all day long, this one is just gone after the top and middle notes have evaporated. So I won't repurchase because it was pretty expensive. I still love the smell though. Spicy but very clean, not at all overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I approached this fragrance quite suspiciously, as I have been very unlucky with Satellite other scents: Ipanema=burnt sugar, 40 a l'ombre=rotten grapefruit, A la figue=a bit better, but then again that burnt sugar emerges...
At first spray I almost choked: the alcoholic content is very high. After it evaporated, my first impression was still negative, due to too much cedar and too sharp pepper (I rarely appreciate pepper in fragrances). But ten minutes later I had to rejoice as I began to smell a divine blend of soft woods, especially sandalwood and cinnamon: so good, warm and spicy actually, I would chose it for my Christmas night. Many claim that the amber is hardly detectable, but I'd say it's there, in that discrete wave of powder that tones down the woods and gives the scent some volume, even some sillage. What I can smell really well is the bitter, balsamic, slightly salty juniper berries.
I'm really surprised by this fragrance as its notes are not my favourites, yet their composition achieve that lovely balance that keeps my nose wanting for more. I'm considering it to be my next purchase.
UPDATE: my DH was sitting next to me and started noticing my smell, saying: "really, your cooling foot lotion is quite stinky, you now?"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by pook555

Ooh, I like this! Since I love woody scents (cedarwood, sandalwood), clovey, spicy scents, and I love 10CC, this is really a no-brainer. I purchased a nice big decant of this and wow, I love it! As another reviewer said, this really is 10CC with mulling spices or orange pomanders (I love the description of the chest filled with orange pomanders - now doesn't that sound divine!). Almost like a cross between 10CC and Eadward Indulge (my two favorite fragrances in the world). There's nothing to dislike here for me, except for the poor staying power. But I like this one enough to spritz away! I think this is FBW especially since that bottle is so darn cute and the price not too bad. If you like 10CC or similar (like Tam Dao) and spicy, clovey fragrances, give this a try! UPDATE: I bought a bottle and love it (so super adorably cute)! I almost want to give this 4.5 lippies as the only reason I'm taking off any points is for poor sillage. But it's a lovely fragrance!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont know about this...personally fragrances with 'peppery' note do not like me. it smelled like someone sprinkled black pepper on dirty socks...no thanks.
it is however quite a dynamic scent and tenacious! even after a shower i still smelled it...worth trying if you dig spicy scents, maybe youll have better luck than i did

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a decant, as an extra from a wonderful swapper without asking for it, or ever even hearing of it. It was LOVE and first sniff. This scent is mesmerizing. My first few experiences with Padparadscha were spritual. It's the most lovely sandalwood I've ever smelled. VERY sexy and I've had men and women swoon over me. LOL! It doesn't get powdery on me, as sandalwood often does. The fragrance stays true, is very long lasting, and gets more and more sensual as it dries down. I find it to be a spicy fragrance with intrigue, but one that is very wearable for a woman.

With 1/2 of my decant gone I asked DH to buy me a bottle for V-day. The bottle is gorgeous too! I love this scent and it will forever be a staple on my vanity. :)