July 26, 2014 | 1199 users online

Moisturizers - Kanebo - Sensai Premier La Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Diorboy24K

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have always been a huge fan of ultra luxe moisturizers. I have always been told that I have beautiful skin also. So what! You say. Well I think one reason I have always gotten such glowing reviews on my skin has been the fact that I always layered retinol or vitamin c serums underneath these extravegant creams since I was 17. So you can imagine my shock when after using this for a month...I couldnt get rid of the little acne scars SkinMedica retinol serum, or Arbonne Vitamin c do so well. The product maintains that it promotes a even tone, and helps to birghten. In my case it did not. So why such a bad rating? Well I work in a luxury retail store and recently someone asked...what skincare are you using right now? I mentioned the Kanebo cream here. Imagine my eyes when the person who asked said to me..."You should go back to what you were using because I use to envy your skin and now it isnt perfect anymore". WHAT!? You might say this person was just trying to be rude. They weren't I assure you. I can say the same about the cream. My skin is not as great as it was. I love the texture and how it just sits on my skin and makes it feel very soft. But that is it. It doesnt do anything else. As soon as I switched back to my SkinMedica Retinol serum layered underneath the Cle De Peau La Creme at night, and my arbonne vitamin c serum layered with OLAY regenerist spf 15 in the day...VIOLA! thy went away. For 600$ I shouldnt have to use anything else...BUT SPF. I also used this creme in conjuction with the La Lotion. The way I was reccomended. I was convinved I had hit the jackpot...well here I am 3 months into the cream and back to the drawingboard...and hopefully back to skin that people envy. I dont think it made my skin look horrible...It just doesnt multi-task or have any other benefit than moisture. If you want the prestige factor and layer a good serum underneath and use spf in the day you might have great results. I just dont see why we should pay to have to put anything else anti-aging on besides sunscreen at this price. It is a beautifully decadent moisturizer though. Gorgeous packaging too! Just nothing else. Ill just leave this on my counter empty, and pretend that it works. Ill keep my arbonne and skinmedica under the counter...and get the results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I also expected something more here, like a previous reviewer has noted. The cream is good (rich, moisturizing) but not faboulous, and at this price tag you expect something breathtaking. I prefer a lot of other creams that I've been using over this one. The cream is very rich, so take care if your skin is a not exactly a mature-very dry and demanding. I'm 46 with dry skin - still too rich for me. It also didn't give me significantly better look, the skin was pampered but actualy I noticed signs of tiredness at the and of the day, even some shadows on my face - I don't notice it with some of my less expensive creams. The feel on the skin is a bit sticky, so there is not a 'pleasure factor' for me. Luckily I got the sample. I would not purchase it. (Packaging is a 40 ml jar).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by beautynyc

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, after trying this product for about a week, I can tell you the feeling on your skin is exquisite. However, I really wasn't blown away with the results. I know, I know, a week isn't a long time, but for something this HIDEOUSLY EXPENSIVE, I was expecting something more than what I saw. It's a very nice product, but it's totally not worth the $600.00 plus tax price tag! I saw more results in one week from Re Vive's Moisturizing Renewal Cream, which is $135.00 a jar. I got a deluxe sample of this cream, I didn't spend the $600.00. However nice this stuff is, it won't knock ten years off your face, and the price is insulting.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No