July 30, 2014 | 1760 users online

Fragrances - Frances Denney Hope

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by SayItLikeItIs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't wear this myself but I buy it for my mom, who's name happens to be Hope! My mom used to wear this when I was little so this is the smell of mommy hugs! My mom was so thrilled that this is still available as it has always been her favorite fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore Hope in high school. I remember it as an ultra feminie fragrance and somewhat flowery. I bought Hope again in a body moisture mist directly from Frances Denney's website. When it arrived, all the memories came back! This isn't strictly a floral. In a way, it reminds me of Lolita Lempika with it's sweetness like pipe tobacco. It's got a spicy scent to it that's sweet yet not vanilla sweet, thankfully. The staying power of the moisture mist isn't wonderful but it is hydrating so it's a great bath and body product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Cally79

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this scent. It falls perfectly into the category of spicy scents that I love. I ordered two of the Bath and Body Perfume and two of the Body Cream.
Both products are really nice. The Body Cream is one of the best I've ever tried. It is rich and emollient. It is a thick cream and comes in a generous jar.
If you like scents like Cinnabar, L'Origan, Shalimar etc...you just might enjoy Hope. The prices at the Frances Denney website are great and they sent me samples along with my order.
Hope will always be a favorite of mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by starchild1166

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one is a keeper; it's different; I've never smelled anything like it and I've been wearing it for a good 10 years. The packaging is simple, bottle is comfortable to hold and I am so glad this is still being made and to have a fragrance as lovely as this at a great price is really a plus. It's one that lasts and dries down to a pleasant, subtle scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wore Frances Denney Hope since the early 1970s, and it's very close
to Nanadebary but better blended in my opinion. Also close to a more
complex Malmaison. A light girly spicy floriental. The bath oil can also be worn as a parfum and the body cream is fabulous. Still in production at francesdenney.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by freegracer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Many thanks to Tippie, ChattyKathy and LadyHannah. A few months ago they were discussing in different threads the Frances Denney web site and the company's flagship fragrances Interlude and Hope. These threads caught my eye as I was perusing the Fragrance Board. I wore Hope for a few years in the '80s and loved it. I found the Denney web site and ordered a .25oz bottle of the Hope perfume. Am I ever pleased. What a beauty. It starts out as a classic aldehydic floral, but the drydown is what makes Hope a real winner. The geranium settles in with the base notes and becomes dark and clove/carnation-like, a deeply attractive skin liquor. After an hour or two, Hope becomes a perfect bouquet of classic flowers balanced on a dark, sensually spicy backdrop. Notes include jasmin, Bulgarian rose, Algerian geranium, allspice berries (Pimenta dioica) and other spices. Thanks to MUA, Hope once again has a prominent place in my fragrance repertoire after a 20+ year absence.