Maybelline Express Finish - Red Comet

4.2

on 3/13/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I picked this color up at the dollar store and it's beautiful! I have the feeling this color is discontinued. When applying I only need one coat and it dries quickly. A topcoat adds a nice shine. Because of the glitter it's a little hard to remove so you'll have to use 100% acetone.

on 2/10/2011 12:52:00 PM

I have to agree with a previous reviewer who said the finish is dull... for a sparkly red color i was hoping for a Dorothy's red slippers shade of red and once the polish dries its not really very glittery looking and not shiny enough for me. I have tried putting a clear glossy top coat but it doesnt make much of a difference.

This a great sprakly red and makes a great pedi color. being and express finish, it dries pretty fast and goes on really smoothly. It takes a couple of coat to get it where I want it, but I layer it over a shimmer red that matches and it looks really nice. It;s a b1tch to remove because of the glitter, but definetly worth the time. I'd repurchase if I could find it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Fantastic colour! such a pretty candy apple red! I use it on my toes and it works well in the summer and in the winter during Christmas time. It's a very versatile shade and will look nice on most skintones. The silver glitter is a plus and definitely adds to its allure...the name Red Comet suits this polish perfectly. The only downsides are the long brush which is a little hard to manage and the polish is somewhat difficult to remove- it takes a little muscle power, haha.

on 6/12/2007 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this shade and formula! This is the ultimate candy apple red w/ sparkles. Lately I've been into the glittery look and this is perfect. I love these express finish shades since they dry so quickly. With this polish, I always apply a basic red first, then add this brilliant, deep sparkly red on top with a nice layer of Mega Shine top coat (Sally Hansen). It's awesome!

on 12/24/2006 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Red Comet 180 is a very cool toned red, the first coat can be alarmingly fuchsia. The second coat is more promising and three coats gives you a sportscar red glitter. This is the color Santa paints his sleigh.

I prefer it layered over warmer or deeper reds rather than on its own.

It dries fairly quickly, as promised. You still have to give it time to harden, like any polish.

The glitter tends to leave a matte surface so you will want a shiny topcoat.

This is fine for a quick easy, festive nail, I think I'll try this one on my toes.

**UPDATE** The finish is really dull, I don't know if it's the glitter or the formula.

on 12/12/2006 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm afraid to count how many Maybelline EF polishes I have. I love 'em! They dry fast and last very well for a quick-dry polish. Plus Maybelline always puts out a wide range of colors including blues and greens. This one is perfect for Christmas time: very red and very sparkly.

on 12/12/2006 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this color! Bright, bold, & beautiful red color. Loaded with ruby glitter. I had to use 4 coats to make the red not so sheer. A color this wonderful deserve to POP! It reminds me of a 50's vinyl diner seat...Love the brush & the price is quite palatable for the quality of this polish. Superb product!

on 12/9/2006 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Very bright red sparkly color. Perfect for the holidays. Hard to remove though, due to the glitter. Only requires one coat also. Love it!

on 1/18/2006 12:45:00 PM

Bright, neutral cherry-red with loads of red glitter--fun! Dries fairly quickly and lasts about as long on my nails with a basic topcoat (sans chips or wear) as any other nail polish I've tried (I honestly think they're all mostly the same in terms of quality, high end included). Kinda hard to remove, even with acetone, but I've found that is the case with nearly all glittery nail polishes. I dislike the long, flexible brushes for these polishes, but I can live with it for about 3 USD.

Popular Polishes