August 1, 2014 | 2068 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yves Rocher - Plaisirs Nature Silky body lotion- Vanille Bourbon

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by stls

This lotion is decent but not outstanding. The texture is nothing special, the provided moisture is minimal and the scent... Well, I'm a vanilla fiend and I've tried lots and lots of vanillas - perfumes and lotions. This one is milky and slightly powdery but not natural, even borderline plastic-y. I use it only on my legs so it won't be too close to my nose. Lasts well though.
The packaging is sturdy but not very easy to handle. The biggest advantage is that you get a huge amount for a low price but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

One of their best products imho. I can't even keep track of how many times I repurchased this! It's not a sugary type of vanilla. It smells heavenly and makes you soft. Whenever I go to bed after applying it, I feel very relaxed and cozy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice big bottle. Pours out easy enough. Gorgeous vanilla smell. Not artificial vanilla smelling. Smell lasts all day. Hydrating lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion most because of the smell! At first when i apply it, it smells more of vanilla sauce than the actual vanilla sauce itself. So i would not have proceeded using it if it stayed that way. But after just some minutes the scent transformes into a kind, comforting and true vanilla. I love using it in combination with white musk perfume oil from The Body Shop. As a lotion it does the job very well for me, i have had much pricier lotions i didnt like this much. The bottle needs improvement, so i transfer the lotion into an empty and clean pump bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cocovanilla

This is mostly fun for it's scent, not it's moisturizing properties. The fragrance last a fair amount of time and is great when you don't want to use perfume. The lotion itself provides only light moisture so not the best for very dry skin. The packaging should definitely be redone, with a pump or a squeeze tube. It's a bit tricky to get the lotion out and it gets worst when there's not much product left.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i agree with the reviewers below that the packaging needs improvement. i'm not a huge fan of pumps, but a squeeze-type bottle would be very helpful. on to the lotion itself: it's light and silky and smells wonderful, a deep vanilla that's not too sweet. layers beautifully with fragrances that have a vanilla note without being overpowering, but the scent is nice on it's own, for days when you just want to smell nice in a subtle way. the lotion absorbs very well and is not sticky at all. for very dry skin (or in deep winter) i'd recommend mixing this with some jojoba oil for better moisturization. yves rocher has very good prices IMO for lotions and bath products that are different from ordinary drugstore products. one lippie off for the inconveniant bottle, but i will repurchase for the lovely scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

The lotion is surprizingly well noticable on my skin even the day after. I had it lying around, and used it after a shower. Thought the scent was better than I remembered, but forgot about it until the next day. I couldn't figure out where that soft nice scent came from, and I hadn't put on any fragrance at all that day. And then I sniffed my arm. It smelled of warm vanilla. Still!
So, boo to the no-pump packaging, and all lippies to the lotion itself: Inexpencive, does a good job moisturizing, and the scent lasts incredibly long.
Will definately be repurchasing when I have finished all other lotions I have around.

Just a note:

After more than 15 years of being a repeat customer at Yves Rocher, I've closed my membership and account after being treated rudely one last time by their customer service in Norway. Clearly the company has a worldwide issue with their customers if they are dissatisfied, after reading more than one review mentioning it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

I have this lotion in the Raspberry flavour. It has a lovely smell but it doesn't moisturize at all. It is SO LIGHT that it doesn't do anything to relieve dry skin. I had to mix this with my Body Shop Body Butter to get any moisture going. It gets 2 lippies for the scent, but thats it. Packaging is also VERY annoying, there's no pump top or squeeze tub so you have to shake out the lotion like a glass ketchup bottle. Very annoying! You can buy a pump top seperately for it - imagine that, havcing to pay extra for a pump!! Will never purchase this line of lotions again. There's better stuff out there for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 9:45:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Presentation:
This lotion comes in a 400 ml rounded bottle with a cute green bubble cap. It fits well into my hand but a pump would be a nice addition, especially given that the bottle is heavy when quite full.
Product:
This is a great lightweight to medium weight body lotion. It applies very nicely, absorbs into the skin easily and gives a very silky after feel. I find that the scent lingers all day on me, but I do layer with the EDT so I can't attest to the staying power of the lotion alone. The scent is wonderful: a rich vanilla scent that starts with a fresh note and develops into a full vanilla scent. It's really unlike most of the vanillas out there, IMO. It's not foody, yet it is sweet. It is not floral, yet sometimes there is a hint of something floral. It is a beautiful, sexy vanilla.
Price: I paid around $5 for this product- it's an amazing value!
Final word: I would definitely repurchase this lotion in Vanilla as well as try out some of their other scents. They are fun and surprisingly complex scents at very small prices.