Almay Beyond Powder Blush in Mauve Shimmer 05

4.7

on 7/13/2011 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Wow what an awesome plum color. I have NC40 skintone (medium tan) so I have been trying to find a plum color blush that isnt pink, berry, or red, but gives me enough color that is more darker cool toned, and this plum color is incredible. I was actually looking at Tarte Blushing Bride which is a plum shade with tons of silver glitter at Ulta, so I walked around the store in the drugstore aisle and Almay was the only company to mimic the Tarte's purple blush. This was $4 dollars or something with a coupon vs. Tarte $24. This doesnt have the silver glitter and thank god it doesnt, this blush is beautiful on its own. Of course this doesnt last as long as high end, but I would def recommend this.

on 8/28/2009 11:33:00 AM

I first learned about this blush in a rave in a magazine. I don't remember which, tho. I was hesitant to try it since I had never used Almay. I'm so glad I finally did!
It is a great plummy shade on me. Not pink.
No really visible shimmer, just a nice glow.
Just as the magazine read, it looks like you just walked in from the cold.
Total repurchase, I just picked up two for one at CVS last night.

on 1/17/2006 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A good, basic neutral blush that is inexpensive and good for toting around in the purse. Comes with a mirror and a mini brush inside, which is very handy. Mauve Shimmer is not too pink- it's actually quite similar to MAC's Prism and isn't muddy. I'm a MAC NC30 most of the time unless I'm more tan, and this works really well for a neutral look or days when I am not wearing a lot of makeup. I think it would work with almost any color palette. Goes on fairly evenly. The portable brush isn't great but it's tiny, what do you expect. Goes on much better with a larger professional brush. Hardly any visible shimmer or sparkle that I can see. The product name is misleading- you would think it'd be shimmery and pinky- it's not really. Will repurchase. LOADS better than other drugstore blush brands (CG and Maybelline, I'm talking about you).

Popular Blush Products