October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the way this foundation matches my skin. It actually was a better option for me than the more expensive Make Up For Ever HD foundation. Too bad L'Oreal doesn't carry it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by AmethystOrnella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use #816 Tawny,
    I LOVE the coverage, and finding my skin tone is really hard. I'm glad there's this one, but I can't find it. I hope they didn't discontinue it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by aquariusgirl1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

not good for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by somala

i have the color Nude, no. 800. it matches quite well with my skin. i love the matte finish. i was using it in this winter and it was making my dry skin even drier. but still i love it. i will start using it again in summer. my only problem is the packaging is not good. it should have a pump. hope they will change it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Kairin

I asked my mom to buy my Revlon Colorstay Foundation Natural Tan because my sister dropped the bottle and it shattered sending me in a downward spiral with it. My mom, instead, got me this crap.

Pros:
    -Going on at first, it is a BEAUTIFUL full coverage.
    -Perfect shade.
    -Blended nicely.
    -Light feel.
    -Can be Layered (Kind of.)

CONS (UGH.):
    -After 20 minutes (TWENTY MINUTES), this stuff just vanished off of my face. Actually, it evaporated/oxidized in patches AND showed my flaws. There were numerous dark patches on my face where I had put the makeup. Like it dried and darkened or something. So I have to put this stuff ALL OVER my face rather than my problem flaws I'd like to cover so my entire can be a big, huge, dark, matte spot instead of many dark, matte patches on my face.
    -It made me break out into many little, tiny whiteheads on the sides of my face.
    -It transfers everywhere.

Now, I'm a perfectionist. I LOVE covering my flaws fully and them being concealed for however long I'd like (Hence my love for Revlon Colorstay products) and having a flawless look not having to worry about touchups, knowing my skin is radiant. If you don't mind covering your entire face with foundation instead of just the problem areas, don't mind breaking out once in a while, don't mind full to sheer coverage within 20 minutes, and don't mind accumulating makeup stains onto your clothing, sink, door knob, dresser, or another human being, then this is for you!

I wouldn't recommend this stuff. Nope. No way. I'll wear it when someone is visiting or I'm going out for 20 minutes or less, and taking the risk of breaking out all over my face. Otherwise, this staying in my drawer with the toothpaste. Dx

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by melissa85

i used teak and it was amazing i loved it . hip really did hide the imperfections.( i usually use foundation and set with powder ) but i found my self not really using powder i scraped the bottle dry. they always discontinue the good stuff

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 7:58:00 AM More reviews by LibGirl80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I can't believe people have been so positive of this product, I'm not such a fan.

As an African-American female I must say, most colors from the drug store brands such as L'Oreal, Revlon, and Cover Girl don't fit my skin so well, but the color I found in the HIP makeup line did a pretty good job of matching my skin tone.

This stuff does go on LOOKING very matte, so that's nice, but after a while if you have oily or even combination skin, this foundation is not great at controlling oil, and more importantly, it acts like cheap makeup because it does not stay put. The stuff goes everywhere.

So it'll do in a bind, but if you can spend more, I'd suggest you do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Glamorista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this product, I was like yay! I finally found a foundation around where I live that has yellow undertone! I got the nude shade as Im not dark skinned at all, and I only apply a tiny bit that I super blend. It does wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepop01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I felt the same way about this foundation. I was in LOVE from the first time I used it. Innocent me went out to buy more and couldn't find it anywhere when I figured out it must have been discontinued. I searched everywhere online to buy and finally I found it on ebay for a great price so I got 3 bottles (they came out to like $3.00 a bottle with shipping). So I'm still on my first bottle and dreading the day when I'm all done. I only wear it now to go out or when I need to look my best. I've been wearing my studiofix powder for work which I have a love/hate relationship with (sometimes i'm just not that happy with it). Hopefully by the time I hit bottle 3 I will have found something else to replace it or they'll bring it back out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

Excuse me while I sob all over my keyboard! This was my HG foundation for a long time. The pigment was super stunning. I used it everyday religiously. I had 3 bottles of this stocked up because I couldn't bear to live without it. Then a month or so ago I was running dangerously low on my third bottle, so I ran out to get some more. To my horror, this foundation line has been discontinued. My heart is broken. I was speechlesss. What is a girl supposed to do without her HG foundation?! I am using Chanel's Mat Lumiere now, and although the color is similar, the intensity of the pigment just isn't there. I still have a tiny bit of this left in the bottle and I'm holding onto it for dear life until the perfect occasion. I've learned a valuable lesson, stay up to date on your products, and if they are in fact going to be discontinued, stock up, stock up, stock up! What I wouldn't do for one more bottle of this!