Victoria's Secret Hot Lips lip palette

4.5

on 2/22/2002 2:53:00 PM

This is a cute palette, undecided if it's worth the price or not. It has alot of wearable colors, I just feel that they are not right for me. I'm a red/pink girl and alot of these shades are in the brown/neutral family. Otherwise, the lip color is fabulous. It's creamy, goes on very nicely and it has just the slightest hint of glitter in it.

on 1/28/2002 7:54:00 PM

This is a limited edition palette featured at the VS website, and available in VS Beauty stores. It sells for $25 and features 10 Smooth Talk lip shades. Smooth Talk is a very rich, creamy formula lipstick, which I happen to like very much.

The palette itself comes in a little red organza bag. It is plastic, but is painted a hot metallic red, and has the words "Hot Lips" and the VS logo in lighter red on the top. It hs a generous mirror for such a tiny compact.

On to the important stuff, the lipstick: There are 10 shades sampled in the palette. They are all soft,medium to light shades. There is a pale pink ( Powder Puff) and quite a few neutral browns (like Fawn and Tame) I was happy to see one of my all-time favorite shades, Illumina, a rich shimmery brown, and Ruby Slippers, which I've been using out of one of the Christmas palettes.

One caution: for some reason VS felt it would be nice to overspray these pans with holographic glitter. It does look pretty, but these shades don't normally have glitter in them, so I suspect this is just for decoration and isn't throughout the product. I doubt it will even show!