September 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG founation. I have gone through hundreds of foundations and this one trumps them all! It was recommended to me by a local MUA, she told me she uses it for all of her photoshoots and the photographers love it because the shoot goes uninterrupted because they rarely have to retouch the makeup. I use a spatula to spoon out a small amount, put it onto a clean flat surface and use a beauty blender to buff it into my face. Can be low coverage if you use a small amount, and can be sheer if you apply a small amount with a damp sponge, but can also be extremely full coverage. You need to play around with it a bit to find out how much you need. Love it and will always buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

This used to be my holy grail foundation. The coverage is nice, it isn't cakey at all(or it can be if you like). My skin is normal, doesn't get oily/dry and I never get spots. It is an emollient foundation and this is my issue, I live in Scotland and the air is cool so the foundation usually stays intact, but oh my god in summer when it's warm, this actually melts on your skin, it goes extremely wet, and the transfer it absolutely ridiculous. You can set it with a tub of powder as soon as there's slight heat it with melt, separate, go patchy and blotchy. I don't understand how this could be used on photoshoots or TV when stage lights pack immense heat, you'll look like an oil slick!! Very bizarre. Impossible to apply with fingers, go with a beauty blender and it clogs brushes and causes streaks.

Edit: I feel like I was unnaturally harsh in my last review!! Must have been in a bad mood.
Although it is true it doesn't work we'll in heat, this foundation is actually very HD, it is one of the most undetectable foundations in the skin, it isn't drying so it doesn't accentuate fine lines and actually diminishes the look of pores, you cannot argue with the coverage, powder+setting spray over this foundation work so well. I have actually repurchased this foundation after buying other full coverage high end foundations and have come straight back to this. It does transfer and fade, and after a 6 hour day it does settle in places and cake around my nose. Therefore 4 lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First let's start with the NEGATIVES to get it out of my chest: The packaging is absolute garbage! I dropped it once, now it's loose and I had to pop it back together. I know this is intended for professionnals and I don't mind the lack of design or applicator, but they could have made it sturdier.

Now to the POSITIVES:

- The color NC15 is absolutely perfection for my very fair skin. It runs paler than most NC15 by mac and doesn't contain any peach undertone.

- The coverage is excellent and looks really natural if you prep according to your skin and blend it properly.

- It feels really good on my dry skin

How I APPLY it:

I start by prepping my skin. I apply a light weight lotion, then my mineral base sunblock and I tap a bit of jojoba oil all over my skin. This foundation is oil based and it's much easier and more natural to thin it with oil than with water. If your skin is naturally oily than use your own oils to your advantage for the blending.

I then dab the foundation on with my fingers, this way I don't loose too much product in the brush. After that I blend it with a small goat hair brush (zoeva paint brush) doing downwards strokes to avoid accenting peach fuzz. I finish with a dry sponge on my areas that needs more coverage by stippling it.

I lightly powder my face and I'm good to go.

I also uploaded a picture of me with a montage of three pics. The first one bare face, second with the foundation only and the third with a full face. HTH

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I brought this foundation a few days ago online. I brought nc35 thinking would be an ok match (usually wear nc37 but they don't offer this shade in f.c). The colour is slightly paler than what I tend to use so they run slightly lighter. The coverage however is "WOW". I could easily build up coverage to hide my freckles-- yes some ppl love em but I'm not keen on mine. I applied the prep and prime underneath they so kindly sent me a sample of and I've purchased the real techniques brush to push into my skin which leaves a lovely finish :). Easy to buff in and you don't use a lot of product. So far I'm loving this foundation and I've tried most!. I gave it 4 because of the colour but I'm going to purchase c40 next see how that one goes. Fab and this foundation is for you if you want fuller coverage without feeling too heavy. I do set with mineralise powder

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by dtintina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I will never be able to understand how people can use this foundation every day. It is basically solid in the container, the only way I could apply it was by scooping some out with a spatula and rubbing it around the back of my hand so the warmth would soften it. Once you apply it to your face it feels like you have just slathered paint on your face. Not at all natural looking or feeling, I couldn't wait to wash this sludge off my face. I tried sheering it down by mixing it with moisturizer and applying with a damp beauty blender but it was still thick and cakey looking. Not surprisingly, my skin broke out HORRIBLY in places on my face I don't even break out!! The only reason I gave this any lippies is because I am using it now for spot concealer and it does an alright job. Will NOT repurchase. Going back to my HG foundation Kat von d !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Celestial_Sky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting to try this foundation since gossmakeupartist raved about it but since MAC doesn't sell my shade, NC25, I hesitated for a long time. I finally decided I was going to get it and I thought to myself, "I can either get NC20 and add bronzer to my face or get NC30 and apply a lighter shade powder to balance the shade to match NC25. I decided to get NC30, since the online store was offering free 2 day shipping and free returns. I really had nothing to lose. Just want to say that I'm thrilled that I got NC30 instead of NC20. The shade is not that much darker and I almost want to say that the Full Coverage foundation might run lighter in comparison to other MAC foundations. I apply it with a duo fiber buffer brush, Sonia Kashuk Brush Couture Kabuki brush (limited ed.) which is similar to the Coastal Scents Classic Buffer Large Synthetic but smaller in size. This brush is perfect for this foundation. It picks up the perfect amount to buff and doesn't leave a heavy application. I use MAC Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus on top to set and it's a great match for my NC25 skintone. The foundation doesn't transfer. I became aware of this when I had to blow my nose and I normally get some foundation from my nose on the tissue but that didn't happen with this foundation. Overall, very happy with the foundation and the shade I selected.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Olinda73

I just bought this after I ran out of my MUFE HD liquid foundation in 117. I've used MUFE for the past 4 years but lately I've been looking for more coverage since I am pregnant and having horrible hormonal breakouts. :(

So I don't even want to talk about how horrible the customer service at MAC is, but I was just glad to grab it and get out. No wonder I never shop here, my husband pointed out, he was with me and got to experience it.

Anyway, I got home with shade NC15 and at first I was kind of afraid it would be too light but I really did NOT want to go back to that store!

THE VERDICT:

After trying it in the morning with a clean, primed face, I noticed that my face looked awesome! Haha it's perfect and actually after slight oxidation it matches me perfectlyyyy!!!

I love this foundation and my favorite part is I can apply it super quickly, much better than the liquid! and no streakiness, very buildable coverage, not that I need more!

I will def rebuy but ONLINE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by lindsayMblatz

Where do I begin.... I love this foundation! It has been my go-to for about 2 yrs now. And I'm still not even through my 2nd package! The amount of product you get for your money is unbelievable. They could double the price, and it would still be worth it. The packaging is perfect to slip into a small purse or makeup bag & travel with. Though you wont need to touch it up all day! My skin is normal/combination. Some dry patches around my mouth & nose, and slight oiliness on nose & forehead. I apply immediately after moisturizer with a warm, damp, wedge sponge, and MUFE hd powder on top. When applied this way, you can control the sheerness, making it appropriate for day or evening wear. *Must be set with powder* (as always, press your setting powder, do not swipe!) Super blend-able, and build-able. The build-ability of this product has to be my favorite point. I work 12 hour days, and can't powder throughout the day, and I find by the end of the day, my skin is still comfortable, with minor wear only on my nose & chin. It just does not budge. no transfer on clothes either. Please get matched, and get direction on how to apply your foundations, no matter what they may be, to ensure you're using them correctly for your skin type! HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Deansdaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Cow! This is my HG foundation. I just turned 40 and about a year ago really amped up my skin care regime. I'm a EL girl from way back so I turn to them to get my naked skin as good as it can get, and it's done a lot, but I still have unsightly cystic acne scars that are slightly more red then my skin tone. After a trip to the stylist, I caught sight of myself with in the mirror with harsh lighting. Even though I was wearing a Lise Watier Foundation and have few wrinkles or even fine lines, I felt the acne scars really made my skin look uneven and older. So I went on the hunt for a new foundation and thank you MUA posters because this is most definitely the one I've been looking for all my life! I used a wet sponge all over and built the coverage under my eyes and problem areas with a flat concealer brush. Fan-freaking-tastic results! And the price is right - less then EL and Lise Watier which I've been using for awhile. I ordered it on line because I have a new baby, but for you Toronto girls out there, you can get it at the Queen Street store.

PS I just looked back at my reviews from years past and I have to say this is superior to the Clinique compact creme I used a couple of years ago, because you need so little and it lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Decent medium to full coverage foundation. But lasts barely a month! Not worth it.