Almay One Coat Triple Effect

3.6

on 2/22/2015 10:43:00 PM

Yep. Yep yep yep. This is my mascara. It rocks.
The brush has a side with short bristles and a side with long bristles, so I wiggle the short side on my lashes to get the volume (gorgeous volume, by the way) and then I move the long side through to get length (have to be careful on this to not get clumps).
I've found that a bunch of product goops on the end of the wand and makes my eyelashes clumpy, so I wipe the glob off on my hand before applying, and it takes care of most of the problems.
This does not make your eyelashes stiff or glued together, and it doesn't flake. Lasts all day, but it doesn't come off easily with face wash...I have to use Almay eye makeup remover.
I like this because it does many different looks...if you want very subtle eyelashes, just use the short bristle side of the wand. If you want a more dramatic look, you can keep wiggling for volume and keep adding on the long side for length. It's fabulous.

on 9/13/2014 11:27:00 PM

I love the get up and grow so much, I thought I would enjoy this as well but it really weighed my lashes down almost immediately after application :(

on 7/20/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

So, I wanted a gentler mascara as it's the summer-time and I needed to give my lashes a break from my "They're Real" which is drying out anyways and hard to remove my Water-proof Great Lash, my cheap Jordana etc. This is a nice mascara and has a nice formula. I like for example, that it has no strong scent. It is on the drier side but at the same time does not flake. It coats my lashes evenly and holds my curl fine all in a very NATURAL manner. No va va voom volume or length, but yet a great day time / office subtle look that can be dressed up w/ a liner across the lids in conjunction if need be. I didn't expect it to give me the same effect as my Colossal for example tho. I just needed a more nourishing mascara and didn't really like Revlon's Grow Luscious, but in the future if I were to re-purchase an Almay mascara, it would be their Get up & Grow as I got a LOT more volume for my skimpy lashes w/ that one. Oh, and even tho I purchased their "Blackest Black", I don't find it to be all THAT black. Rimmel's Extra Black & Maybelline's Blackest Blacks are way darker...However, I only spent $7.55 on this at Target, so I cannot complain and I'll happily finish the tube and keep it for 3 months.

on 7/10/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I saw another reviewer mention this mascara was dry..... I just opened a brand new tube of this, and it sure seemed VERY dry for being new. It went on okay, I guess, and helped my lashes which are non-existent, but again, it is reallyyy dry and kinda hard to work with. Taking it back, maybe it's a bad tube.....but then again another reviewer commented same. ****
After I wore it all evening, went to take it off, and it would hardly come off and it is NOT waterproof!! What the heck, washed with my Neutrogena cleanser/remover like I normally do, and it left big raccoon circles under my eyes, and still product on my lashes, after washing very thoroughly. Def. won't buy this again, and am taking back the "Get up and Grow" without opening, cuz it's bound to be of same quality.

on 11/24/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fan of this mascara.

I have super sensitive eyes and this has not ever caused me any eye irritation, so that alone is enough for me to give it 5 lippies. However it has more positives:

- the brush shape is unique and provides great lash separation while building volume
- it removes easily
- it doesn't smudge or smear
- it gives both volume and length enhancement

If you have sensitive eyes and/or wear contacts give this one a try!

on 11/9/2013 5:53:00 PM

This was my favorite mascara for years, but recently I bought a tube and it appears the brush shape has changed. There are only actual bristles on one side of the brush and then the other side is kind of flat. It doesn't seem to coat the lashes as well as it used to coat. I hope this is a mistake and my tube was just a lemon, bc this was one of my faves.

on 10/3/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted this mascara to work. The formula was clumpy. And it smudged. Not crazy raccoon eyes but enough to look like dark circles under my eyes.

The brush is different from any I've seen. Half has super short bristles while the other half has regular length ones. It looks like the brush is smooshed. I tried applying this with both sides, looked up videos to see if there was some trick. It was all still underwhelming.

Is this the worst mascara ever? No. But I won't buy it again.

on 9/30/2013 5:10:00 PM

So, I had used some Almay mascara in high school (it came in a silver colored tube...I have no idea what it was...) & wanted to revisit that simple time :) I did not like this until I used up half of the tube...the brush is different, with regular bristles on one side & shorter ones on the other. Takes some practice, but now that I'm down to 1/2 a tube I really like it...gives great definition & volume, also holds a curl. Took a tip from AnnieJaffery (love her YouTube & blog) and now take my time applying mascara & it does make a difference. Anyways, this does flake a little but comes off easily & seems to treat my lashes well. However I won't buy again...Tarte's LightsCameraLashes & Maybelline Full&Soft are still my favorites...

on 8/26/2013 2:04:00 PM

This is my favorite mascara ever. I buy the "blackest black" and it's fantastic. I love the wand, I start with the longer side and put on my base coat, then go over it with the short side of the wand. If I'm going out at night, I will also use the tip of the wand on the outer lashes for a cool winged effect. I think the weirdest compliment is when someone tells me my lashes look good. haha. I can't get these results with any other mascara . . . believe me, I've tried. Every other year or so, I'll try the latest new mascara to come out that promises amazing lashes and I always go back to the Almay One Coat Triple Effect. There's really no comparison. It's getting harder to find though. I hope they're not discontinuing it because I don't know what I'll do!

on 6/18/2013 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
-doesn't make my eyes sting

Cons
-I hate the wand , it's shaped weird and hard to use

Top Rated Almay Products