August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Triple Effect

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I wanted a gentler mascara as it's the summer-time and I needed to give my lashes a break from my "They're Real" which is drying out anyways and hard to remove my Water-proof Great Lash, my cheap Jordana etc. This is a nice mascara and has a nice formula. I like for example, that it has no strong scent. It is on the drier side but at the same time does not flake. It coats my lashes evenly and holds my curl fine all in a very NATURAL manner. No va va voom volume or length, but yet a great day time / office subtle look that can be dressed up w/ a liner across the lids in conjunction if need be. I didn't expect it to give me the same effect as my Colossal for example tho. I just needed a more nourishing mascara and didn't really like Revlon's Grow Luscious, but in the future if I were to re-purchase an Almay mascara, it would be their Get up & Grow as I got a LOT more volume for my skimpy lashes w/ that one. Oh, and even tho I purchased their "Blackest Black", I don't find it to be all THAT black. Rimmel's Extra Black & Maybelline's Blackest Blacks are way darker...However, I only spent $7.55 on this at Target, so I cannot complain and I'll happily finish the tube and keep it for 3 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by iflounder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw another reviewer mention this mascara was dry..... I just opened a brand new tube of this, and it sure seemed VERY dry for being new. It went on okay, I guess, and helped my lashes which are non-existent, but again, it is reallyyy dry and kinda hard to work with. Taking it back, maybe it's a bad tube.....but then again another reviewer commented same. ****
After I wore it all evening, went to take it off, and it would hardly come off and it is NOT waterproof!! What the heck, washed with my Neutrogena cleanser/remover like I normally do, and it left big raccoon circles under my eyes, and still product on my lashes, after washing very thoroughly. Def. won't buy this again, and am taking back the "Get up and Grow" without opening, cuz it's bound to be of same quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I am a big fan of this mascara.

I have super sensitive eyes and this has not ever caused me any eye irritation, so that alone is enough for me to give it 5 lippies. However it has more positives:

- the brush shape is unique and provides great lash separation while building volume
- it removes easily
- it doesn't smudge or smear
- it gives both volume and length enhancement

If you have sensitive eyes and/or wear contacts give this one a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Mguthrie0206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite mascara for years, but recently I bought a tube and it appears the brush shape has changed. There are only actual bristles on one side of the brush and then the other side is kind of flat. It doesn't seem to coat the lashes as well as it used to coat. I hope this is a mistake and my tube was just a lemon, bc this was one of my faves.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really wanted this mascara to work. The formula was clumpy. And it smudged. Not crazy raccoon eyes but enough to look like dark circles under my eyes.

The brush is different from any I've seen. Half has super short bristles while the other half has regular length ones. It looks like the brush is smooshed. I tried applying this with both sides, looked up videos to see if there was some trick. It was all still underwhelming.

Is this the worst mascara ever? No. But I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, I had used some Almay mascara in high school (it came in a silver colored tube...I have no idea what it was...) & wanted to revisit that simple time :) I did not like this until I used up half of the tube...the brush is different, with regular bristles on one side & shorter ones on the other. Takes some practice, but now that I'm down to 1/2 a tube I really like it...gives great definition & volume, also holds a curl. Took a tip from AnnieJaffery (love her YouTube & blog) and now take my time applying mascara & it does make a difference. Anyways, this does flake a little but comes off easily & seems to treat my lashes well. However I won't buy again...Tarte's LightsCameraLashes & Maybelline Full&Soft are still my favorites...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by roqnroch

This is my favorite mascara ever. I buy the "blackest black" and it's fantastic. I love the wand, I start with the longer side and put on my base coat, then go over it with the short side of the wand. If I'm going out at night, I will also use the tip of the wand on the outer lashes for a cool winged effect. I think the weirdest compliment is when someone tells me my lashes look good. haha. I can't get these results with any other mascara . . . believe me, I've tried. Every other year or so, I'll try the latest new mascara to come out that promises amazing lashes and I always go back to the Almay One Coat Triple Effect. There's really no comparison. It's getting harder to find though. I hope they're not discontinuing it because I don't know what I'll do!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros
-doesn't make my eyes sting

Cons
-I hate the wand , it's shaped weird and hard to use

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because I had an allergic reaction to my other mascara and Almay is hypoallergenic.

I was highly unimpressed. You need to spend tons of time adding lots of layers just to get any drama. You can get length curl and volume, yes, but the amount of time it takes compared to other mascaras is ridiculous. I personally get irritated by mascaras that don't start building after a few small strokes.

The formula was disgustingly dry and sticky and when I wanted to remove it my eyelashes got all stuck together and gross.

This does no justice for drugstore mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xoxhannah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara!! I love the 2 sides of the brush, one side for thickening and one for lengthening. It goes on so smoothly and if you do it right there's no clumps which is pretty amazing. It's decently priced, for me around $12 which is kind of expensive for mascara but its worth it. My only problem is that after a couple of months it starts to get clumpy when you put it on. I know that you're supposed to change your mascara every few months but I never do that. I just wait until it runs out. But other than that I say that almay has made a pretty fantastic product :)