The Body Shop Brush-On Bronze Beads

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Nylon-12, Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Xanthan Gum, Butylparaben, Laureth-7. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 12/11/2013 10:46:00 AM

I am not satisfied with the product quality and composition, because it is basically just full of parabens and cheap ingredients. I am also disappointed with the price, which is $40 here in Aus).

I do like the actual application, and if you had a smaller brush, can double as a pretty eyeshadow, but the ingredients and price have killed it. Will be looking for a cheaper and better quality bronzer next.

on 2/27/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have the lightest shade but I don't really use it. I can't contour with it because of the sparkle and I can't use it on my cheeks or all over my face because it makes my skin look even more oily and shiny in a fake way, sooo what's the point? I don't really get it, and I don't use a ton of it. I believe contouring with a matte bronzer and highlighting with a cream highlighter does the trick in a more natural and sophisticated way.
Well maybe I should try to dust some on my shoulders or legs during the summer but I don't think it's a worth having product- at least for me...

on 8/6/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had my pot for FOREVER and the beads are still big and don't look like they've been heavily used. I like using this with a big fluffy kabuki to dust over my neck/chest/shoulder area during the Summertime for a warm bronzed glow. It does have shimmer so I don't use it too often for my face. It can look a muddy if your not sure on how to correctly apply it so best to work in layers to build up the colour you want. Doesn't look orange provided you use the right amount.

on 7/9/2011 1:55:00 AM

I really do love this bronzer, as it gives me a nice glow, unlike other bronzers which make me look too orange or dirty. And since i have fair skin, i find that looking for the perfect bronzer is more difficult. However, like mentioned in the other reviews, the beads do tend to spill if your not careful.

This Bronzer is GOOD! i mean really...but the only problem is its pretty expensive..but you get for what you pay right? it gives you a natural glow..i use this to contour and sometimes i just slap it all over my face..i doesn't make my face look orange unlike other bronzers :) will repurchase :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years and I absolutely love it! I dust it on my cheeks and sometimes all over my face, but I keep it natural-looking. If I go out at night somewhere, I also dust it on my chest, arms, legs, etc. (It shows up lovely in photographs as well.)

The only thing that sucks is when you knock it off your shelf and all the beads scatter everywhere. This has happened, and yes I picked up each individual bead and put it back because I love it that much. : )

on 8/4/2010 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I received this as a gift and really wanted to love it, but couldn't. Many of the other reviews comment on the subtlety of this bronzer. I feel like this bronzer is too subtle to make a difference on my pale NW20 skin. I've tried various brushes and techniques and I never feel like I get a subtle glow.

I can tell I've been using the product only because there are only half the beads there were before. If you don't like looking overly bronzed and dirty, you will not have an issue as the color payoff is so poor.

on 5/30/2010 2:53:00 AM

Snagged this at the 3 for $30 when regular price is $21. Beautiful bronzer and gives a warm and natural glow. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF!!

on 1/5/2010 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fun product I picked up at a BS 3 for $30 sale. I wasn't expecting to buy it so I was very pleasantly surprised to add it to my makeup boxes. Just a light dusting of the brish deposits a soft warm glow around my face. I also like that the beads are various hues of bronze so it makes the look more natural.

I've been using this lightly over my forhead, nose and chin in the winter, btu I can see it creating a beautiful bronzed look in the summer when you want a more golden look.

I have not tried the sponge that it comes with because I imagine it would streak and leave too much colour. But the brush that's designed for it is perfect.

Finally, the little beads ARE a problem and not the most practical bronzer to stick in your purse on-the-go so I took of a lipstick for that. Just be careful when you're using it and maybe don't apply it over the sink or near your toilet!!

on 9/28/2009 6:50:00 AM

Great bronzer - I've had this for around 2 years and am nowhere near running out. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the only problem is that the beads are easy to spill out if the jar! Also, the small sponge that comes with the jar is useless. However, the bronzer itself is subtle and pretty, and is suitable to use over your whole face for a little bit of extra colour, even during the day.

Popular Bronzers