December 22, 2014 | 879 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Forever Metallics-Lip Pencil-Sleek Scarlet

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at the Dollar Tree for a buck. Even though it's a chubby pencil, it goes on super creamy! This color is very vibrant, so not a lot is needed. I love bright retro looking reds, but want more than a matte texture from time to time, and this little gem fits the bill. I love how it has a metallic sheen to it. If you put a little over MAC Russian Red, it gives it a metallic look which is really cool. I took off a lippie because I hate the packaging. This pencil is hard to sharpen and a product is lost in the process. However, for a dollar, I can afford to waste. I uploaded a pic of me wearing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, metallic blue-red lipstick pencil that is opaque and smooth and doesn't smell weird. Normally I prefer matte lipsticks, but this was 99 cents and a little glimmer doesn't hurt every now and then. Good buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by kimmah

I found this at CVS on sale for next to nothing and tried it because I am forever trying to find a decent red that doesn't look horrible on me--most tend to go orange.

I was thrilled when I tried this one--it is a fabulous color. Not too bright, not too stark--just red and vibrant. There is quite a bit of shine in this product, which is a pencil, NOT the tube like the other Metallic line. It wears about like any other lipstick--I don't think eight hours is an honest estimate, no matter what the package says (knocked off one lippie for that), but it feels good on, doesn't feel dry and gummy like other pencils and can be worn without gloss. I'll buy more.