December 18, 2014 | 997 users online

Sunscreen - Epicuren Discovery - X-Treme Cream Propolis Sunscreen SPF 45

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by sexycraftysocal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As others have said, this product is great for oily or break-out prone skin. The scent is propolis, which is a bee product. I personally think it stinks, and I deducted a lipstick for it. The smell is closest to tincture of benzoin aka Friar's Balsam. It gives great protection, though, and the smell dissipates quickly (thank God).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Amore1

I love the reformulated X-treme Cream, my skin feels so smooth, supple and moisturized. I like how the smell is subtle and the color is no longer off putting. When putting on makeup it just glides right on evenly over it. I've been using it for a week and my skin is so happy to have it back and now even better. I love having sun protection and a moisturizer all in one. It really makes your skin look amazing and healthy. Also this cream is thicker so you don't need use as much, so one tube should last a while. So happy its back, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Beachgirl535

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As of this week, this sunscreen has been reformulated, UNFORTUNATELY. The reformulation is thick, it smells like drugstore sunscreen, and make up does not work well with it anymore. It was a real disappointment. SO WHEN YOU READ THE REVIEWS LOOK AT THE DATE WHEN IT WAS WRITTEN, IF IT WAS WRITTEN BEFORE JANUARY 24, 2014 IT WAS THE OLD FORMULA. I wish I could buy some "old bottles", it was an amazing product. So bummed it changed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

the new formula has a bit of suncreen smell, very moisturizing, non drying, strong sunscreen spf 45. it does contain both natural and chemical sunscreen, not waterproof, good for strong sun everyday use for people who have dry - very dry skin. if you like a matte look , you may want to powder your face after applying this suncreen.

UVA UVB protection both. paraben free. it has some bee pollen ingredients with it, some people may not able to use this. it would have been perfect if it only has natural sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by vbobka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I like this sunscreen and purchased it from an excellent facialist, I have found that it contains cancer causing ingredients and overall is quite unsafe for the skin on the body. Especially oxybenzone! Beware! Switch to a simple mineral suncreen and you are better off in the long run. I'm sad that I have to leave it behind, because it feels and looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this sunscreen. I have oily, breakout prone skin and I generally HATE sunscreens because of the grease factor and the fact that my makeup tends to sliiiiiiiiide right off if I use a sunscreen beneath. I happen to adore the smell beyond words. The fragrance is propolis which is a hugely beneficial bee by-product (i.e. honey, bee pollen, beeswax, royal jelly), it's healing, anti viral, anti bacterial, and anti fungal. Great for us breakout prone gals. I don't apply a thick layer and it's not greasy or sticky and it's got a great full-spectrum UVA & UVB protection from chemicals and titanium dioxide. I love it and I just bought 2 extras so I don't run out anytime in the foreseeable future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

i discovered this product accidentally. first i tried some on my hand and was dubious because of the consistency. i'm used to your typical white paste. and this comes out flesh colored. i believe my comment was "it's makeup". lol. anyhow - i bought it. not cheap - $36 for 2.5 oz and finally tried it today. let's just say the results are so astonishing that i'm actually writing a review after one use. aside from the smell (note: it supposed to be made fr. some rainforest materials), the stuff is good. so my advice, plug your nose - the smell is only temporary and apply away. i couldn't believe it. the stuff doesn't dry your skin and actually offers some level of moisturization throughout the day. there's not need of layering this sunscreen on. usually by mid-day, my face is looking dry cuz of environment & my former holy grail sunscreen. but now that i've discovered this, i guess the "oldie" will be on holiday until summer. this is great for winter & fall conditions, when you just need a little bit more moisture. the stuff works. no white caste and your complexion looks amazing - all one tone. yippee. sidenote: you have to store this btwn 68 - 77 degrees farenheit.

update: forgot to mention that there's no mention of this being sweat or waterproof. thus the 4 stars.