April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Magic Mosaic Multi-Colored Custom Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Sadly this is a terrible powder (and the PF Talc-free Mineral Wear powder is great - the opposite of this). It comes in a 9g compact, and I have the Beige/Warm Beige shade. It has swirls ranging from white to beige that you are supposed to swirl together and use as a face powder.

The problem is it is very dry, very difficult to pick up with any brush. I have to go back 4-6 times just to pick some up on a brush and even then I can't even see it on the brush, never mind on my skin. The colour pay off is zero to maybe, maybe slightly sheer. It's too chalky and dusty to even use as a blot type powder. I put this over foundation, as I normally do with powder in the t-zone only and it does not seem to help set foundation or do anything really.

I can't recommend this to anyone, it is a complete waste of money. For a much better option check out PF's Talc-Free Mineral wear powder, which is soft and cream-like and has light coverage and looks great over foundation without any chalky feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Vallim

This is the second PF bronzer that failed on me. It does not have any pigmentation whatsoever. This is going back to the store! Don't buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by alphame

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I love the product, I probably won't buy it again until it is on sale. Aside from the price, the product is wonderful. There is a handy mirror under the powder, complete with a brush that barely anyone would use, and the packaging is wonderful. The plastic hinge used to lift the powder up did break, however. The powder itself gives a wonderful, natural glow to my pale skin. You can use your brush to decide how dark or light you want the color to be, which is handy in the summer when I get a slight tan. The powder isn't too shimmery and never clumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by svaiko

This is my everyday bronzer/blush. I like it because the color is very natural, a brown instead of orange! It does have a little shimmer to it but in my opinion its a perfect amount, however, I usually only use this as a blush. This is what I require from my bronzer: Natural color, only a slight amount of shimmer (just enough for a natural glow), stays on all day. This bronzer does all that! It can be difficult to get a lot of product on your brush which can result in the color to look very light. A trick I do is to use my nail to make scratches on the surface of the powder then dip my brush in and i am able to get a good amount of product on my brush. I have had good experiences with PF bronzers in general, although they do have a few that have WAY too much shimmer in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to daily face powder all sumer!! I guess I got lucky, based on the bad reviews, lol, but I love it. I'll start with what I don't like, and why i can't give it 5-stars:

(1) As mentioned by other ladies, it can be challenging to actually pick up the color. I only noticed this lately, after it's about 40% gone. And the different circles of color disappear at different rates! The light shades are practically gone, while some other sections are barely touched, and I swirl the brush all around usually.
(2) The packaging is crap. The plasic clear shield/cover is about to crack off any minute now. I appreciate the mirror and the brush, but its bulky - they could have designed it sleaker, I'm sure.
(3) It's more of a sheer pressed powder than a bronzer, if you want richer color, and more coverage, this is not for you, or you'll need to add a 'real" pressed powder over it lol.

But, I still don't know what I would do without it because:

(1) It matches my skin perfectly. I use the "Light Bronzer/Bronzer." My skin can get oily in this Houston humidty and ths powder sucks up oil on contact. For reference, I use Bobbi Brown Almond, and MAC NC45, NC43 in winter. I am dark but have yellow undertones so most makeup is just too red/orange for me and I look a hot mess. This one looks so natural on me.
(2) A little goes a long way, and the compact lasts a long time.
(3) It doesn't break me out. I am acne prone in my t-zone.
(4) It doesn't have a lot of sparkle. I don't want to twinkle, I just want a subtle glow - this has that.
(5) It does exactly what I want it to do. I don't wear much makeup daily. I usually save my HG liquid (Make Up Forever) for nights out. Daily I wear usually wear eyeliner, mascara, and maybe some Bobbi Brown concealer. This powder doesn't really cover spots or imperfections, but as a daily powder and oil absorber I love it!

:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lydnlina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday for school, and it's a good bronzer! I love how it has a range of colors(: I use it almost everyday, the only thing is the brush that comes with it is average.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was wanting a really light bronzer for my exremly light sensitve skin. I also wanted no shimmer. I pretty much inspected every single inch of this bronzer in the store thinking it had no shimmer, but later to find out one of those circle things had glitter in it. WHY WOULD YOU RECK SUCH A GREAT BRONZER PF?!?! My hunt for a great light matte bronzer continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by eeesposito

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this with the intention of using it as a setting powder and contour, after seeing a positive review on Makeupgeek. Paid 11.49 at target (plus NYC 9% sales tax!) and it came with a free mosaic blusher. This product is terrible. As other reviewers have said, there is absolutely no color payoff. Even with the coarsest brush, I can barely pick up any product. The packaging is also quite bulky with excess space and a compartment underneath for the useless brush it came with. I totally regret buying it, might crush the product into loose powder so I won't have completely wasted my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by misskho

Can people please put their reviews under the CORRECT product?

i have this product and i expected great things for it. the brush is cr@p and it doesnt matter what brush you use NO product gets picked up, i took it back to my Priceline store because i thought it was a bad one, and the same thing, NO product gets picked up, i tried scratching the top layer off, nothing, this is a expensive peice of cr@pola

price: (4 expensive for DS product)
quality: (2 i dont like sponges stored under the powder, any loose power flies everywhere when it moves)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by DawnPeach

I have very sensitive, break-out prone skin and I absolutely love this powder! I have been using it for about 2 years, and it is the only stuff I can use without beaking out. I personally like light-weight powders, I'm not into caking on makeup, and this stuff gives just enough matte to get rid of shine and even out the face without making you look cakey and unnatural. I also love how there are multiple colours, you can stick to the lighter side in the winter and move to the darker side in the summer! If you think about it, most girls' skin is not a constant colour all year round, so this product is great for those who live in extreme seasonal climates. The only thing I'm not sure about is how long it takes to spoil. It doesn't have as many preservatives as other powders so I always make sure I replace it with a new one if I feel I've had it for too long. The price is kind of painful if you are looking for something really cheap, but when it comes to your face and chemicals, it's definitely worth it (about $20 cdn). The brush that comes with it is complete crap, so invest in a brush you really love and use that instead. Also, the mirror is underneath the compact so that may seem strange if you're not used to it. All in all I highly recommend this powder for girls with sensitive skin and those who prefer a natural look.