Thayers thayers lavender acohol free toner with vitamin e

3.7

Purified Water, Thayers proprietary Witch Hazel extract, Lavender fragrance, Lavender water, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E acetate, Methylparaben (a natural, gentle preservative), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier derived from coconut oil), Propylene glycol (humectant used to attract moisture).

on 1/4/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It's gentle, alcohol-free, and has a lovely smell. You also get a lot for your money! Mine came with an optional spritzer top, which is how I use it. It's also works great as an eye-makeup remover. Definitely plan to buy again.

on 12/13/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A relative adores this product and bought everyone bottles of this. After cleansing, I saturate a cotton pad with this and wipe it across my face. I think it does a good job of getting any residual dirt that my cleanser may have missed off my face, but after going through a bottle and a half (my mom gave me her half-used bottle) it doesn't seem to have made a difference in my skin. Sure, now I know it happens to be a bit cleaner which is always nice, but I was hoping for less breakouts and less redness. I don't find the scent to be particularly pleasant, but it doesn't linger so you only smell it during application.

Overall, I'm glad I got the chance to try it and it's better than some other (drying) toners that I've used, but it's not something I'll personally be purchasing or recommending in the future.

on 10/20/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used Thayer's rose toner for a year and loved it. When I ran out, I thought I'd try a different scent and went with the lavender. It's not a bad toner, but I find it a little drying compared to the rose. What I really don't care for is the scent. I love the smell of lavender, but this doesn't smell like it to me. More like baby powder, or old perfume. Disappointing. I will be returning to the rose version. It's gentler anyway.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This works well, is gentle and doesn't make you break out, but I prefer the rose one, I'm not a huge fan of this scent.

on 5/19/2012 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love love the smell of this product. I use it as a toner most of the time. When I feel that my skin is too dry or irritated during the day, I would moist a cotton pad with it and put the pad onto my face. It also work for tightening my pores around the nose before putting on makeup.

on 4/30/2012 8:59:00 PM

I LOVE this version in Rose Petal. I like to switch things up sometimes (read - I get bored easily) and so, recently purchased this in the Lavender scent, brought it home, opened it up, took 1 whiff, closed it back up and immediately returned it the next day - this DOES NOT smell like lavender to me - smells like stale powder = ICK! Not going to stray again...unless I come across the lemon version...:)

It works really well as a make up remover and also comes in handy when you have no time to wash your face. It makes my skin feel nice and soft, and most importantly doesn't break me out.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I'm down to the last few drops of this...and overall have been very pleased. I actually like the scent. I used to be soooo put off by the scent of plain witch hazel that I almost didn't want to buy this, but Thayers does a good job of covering that scent up with the lavender. Love that it doesn't sting on my face at all. If I soak a cotton pad with this and squirt on some jojoba oil, it removes my eye makeup very well.

I have a full bottle of the rose version to try next. These toners are definitely HG status for me. I hope they don't change the packaging since it looks awesome on my sink.

on 5/14/2011 9:58:00 AM

So far, so good. The smell isn't a problem and I don't find it sticky. I was thinking of getting a BHA or AHA toner but after sampling a few I didn't see any major benefit. This toner is doing the trick at a cost I can afford.

on 4/24/2011 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i like this variety of the thayers witch hazel. it was my favorite but now i'm leaning towards the lemon. this one says it's moisturizing but i think it's a bit less moisturizing than the rose petal version. it does leave a little stickiness on the face but doesn't contribute to breakouts for me so i'm i'll keep it in te rotation as needed.