November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Toners - Thayers - thayers lavender acohol free toner with vitamin e

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by prettymarsh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used Thayer's rose toner for a year and loved it. When I ran out, I thought I'd try a different scent and went with the lavender. It's not a bad toner, but I find it a little drying compared to the rose. What I really don't care for is the scent. I love the smell of lavender, but this doesn't smell like it to me. More like baby powder, or old perfume. Disappointing. I will be returning to the rose version. It's gentler anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so hoping this would suit my skin. Unfortunately not and citric acid is the culprit, i believe. This caused medium-size bumps on the t-zone mostly and also caused that area to become very oily with enlarged pores! For the rest o the face area, it didn't do anything good.
I think I may be allergic to the citric acid or the scent in this toner.
Also it is quite expensive and much of the product leaks out of the badly designed bottle.

I think in general, toners are overrated for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Lecitroen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift a few months ago. At the time I was desperately trying to fix my weird combo skin. My old acne scars were always being irritated, giving me a blotchy appearance. Not to mention I still had to worry about acne(ie. cystic, all kinds). So I added the toner to the rotation and found no benefit.

Fast forward a month later, I am using Now Foods Vitamin C and Manuka Honey Gel Cleanser. At night I use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo(UK version) directly on new acne(not all over my face). I was getting some dryness from LRP Effaclar Duo and decided to give the Thayers Lavender Toner another chance. Somehow it all clicked, because it's been smooth sailing ever since! No more peely, blotchy, annoying skin that I always thought was too sensitive to fix. No breakouts either. I don't feel the need to wear foundation anymore if I'm at home. When I do wear foundation, makeup looks much better and my skin looks more radiant.

This is how I use the toner daily:

A.M:

-Exfoliate face with a gentle scrub(or a hot cloth). I use a scrub with Papaya and Licorice. The fruit acids are a gentle alternative to AHA's and BHA's. I scrub it very gently, as I don't want to scratch my skin.

-Wash face with cleanser. I would recommend something very simple, not loaded with SLS or alcohol. The Now Foods cleanser is perfect for me.

-Saturate a cotton pad(don't be stingy) with Thayer's Toner and swipe it all over the face, neck, and even eyelids.

-Apply face cream with SPF if out in the sun.

P.M.

-Double Cleanse with cleanser if I have worn makeup, otherwise just cleanse once.

-Saturate a cotton pad with Thayer's Toner and swipe it all over the face, neck, and even eyelids.

-Apply a tiny amount of LRP Effaclar Duo(UK version) to acne only.

I haven't had the need to use a night cream but I am on the lookout for one that won't ruin my current routine. As for the scent, I have no problem with it. It smells pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by princesssaras

This works well, is gentle and doesn't make you break out, but I prefer the rose one, I'm not a huge fan of this scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love the smell of this product. I use it as a toner most of the time. When I feel that my skin is too dry or irritated during the day, I would moist a cotton pad with it and put the pad onto my face. It also work for tightening my pores around the nose before putting on makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I LOVE this version in Rose Petal. I like to switch things up sometimes (read - I get bored easily) and so, recently purchased this in the Lavender scent, brought it home, opened it up, took 1 whiff, closed it back up and immediately returned it the next day - this DOES NOT smell like lavender to me - smells like stale powder = ICK! Not going to stray again...unless I come across the lemon version...:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sourclementine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It works really well as a make up remover and also comes in handy when you have no time to wash your face. It makes my skin feel nice and soft, and most importantly doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm down to the last few drops of this...and overall have been very pleased. I actually like the scent. I used to be soooo put off by the scent of plain witch hazel that I almost didn't want to buy this, but Thayers does a good job of covering that scent up with the lavender. Love that it doesn't sting on my face at all. If I soak a cotton pad with this and squirt on some jojoba oil, it removes my eye makeup very well.

I have a full bottle of the rose version to try next. These toners are definitely HG status for me. I hope they don't change the packaging since it looks awesome on my sink.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by dwenn1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, so good. The smell isn't a problem and I don't find it sticky. I was thinking of getting a BHA or AHA toner but after sampling a few I didn't see any major benefit. This toner is doing the trick at a cost I can afford.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i like this variety of the thayers witch hazel. it was my favorite but now i'm leaning towards the lemon. this one says it's moisturizing but i think it's a bit less moisturizing than the rose petal version. it does leave a little stickiness on the face but doesn't contribute to breakouts for me so i'm i'll keep it in te rotation as needed.