September 17, 2014 | 1786 users online

Moisturizers - Elizabeth Arden - Perpetual Moisture 24 creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

That is odd. I realized I had not reviewed this one item which I consider among my must have for Canadian winters. I have combo skin with a super oily T-Zone, however I still get flaky skin in the winter. This past winter was mild, so I was not as diligent in applying it, and sure enough, I got some rough patches where my skin started peeling.
I have purchased multiple times and I go back to this as a reliable moisturizer to take care of business.
I considered other moisturizers from the EA line, but find most of the more expensive lines have a rather off-putting scent.
The Perpetual Moisture 24 hour one, in the green jar has a very slight, and nice cucumber scent that fades quickly. I like the creamy gel like texture of it and it absorbs quickly into the skin.
Overall, this is a solid product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by fluffybaconcat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Richer version of perpetual moisture lotion, which i cant live without during cold time of the year.
Absolutely worth buying! Even though it's a cream, it does not leave that heavy feeling on your skin and does not clog pores, fantastic for those with oily complexion. Very light and very fast absorbing, gentle enough to use around eyes, didn't cause any break outs, has a pleasant scent. Don't particularly like the packaging, especially the shape of the jar as product is hard to reach on sides, not very hygienic, quite bulky/heavy. Would recommend for those with dehydrated skin both for winter and hot summers, i used it in a thick layer as an after sun/hydrating treatment. Also to those with oily dehydrated skin that want to nourish it for a change, maybe as a night care product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

This cream was ok. Id give it a higher rating if I paid less. Its nice under make up but not my "it" cream. Still on the hunt for a fav...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Lissa16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this cream 4 years ago. It's amazing. I have very dry, sensitive skin, so I can't use a moisturizer with a lot of scent in it. I was interested in the 24 hour formula to see if it actually worked. I had tried many many many moisturizers with high hopes, and this one is it.
Not a lot of the product was needed to cover my face and neck, and it's also so lightweight as compared to other long lasting creams that are very rich and feel heavy on the skin. I would normally moisturize before makeup application, after I washed my face in the afternoon, and once again before bedtime.
This stuff does what it says, it gives you long lasting moisture for the whole day. My skin feels velvety soft, and has a radiant glow to it. I've even had a few people touch my cheek and say I have the smoothest skin!! I apply it faithfully every morning and sometimes at night after a stressful day.
The price would be my only con to this product, but I guess you get what you pay for!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mimster09

This is not good for combination to dry skin type. It clogged my pores and caused breakouts that took weeks to clear. The price is reasonable. Not going to buy it again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by chezz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this when my cheeks and forehead were dry and flaky especially during winter time. I had tried Estee Lauder Hydrationist but it caused allergy reaction to my face. I had tried drugstores brand like Loreal, Olay and even Dove, but either it caused reaction on my skin or not enough hydration on my skin - still flaky and looks blotchy. I am not a Arden fan, never tried their products before, so I decided to give it a go after reading all the reviews about it. It is lightweight and smell nice. I spread it thinly on my face for the first few applications, afraid it might cause a reaction. It absorbs quickly into my skin. After few days of usage, my cheeks do not flake and my makeup doesn't show blotchy patches (previously due to dryness). My face looks hydrated and didn't feel tightness anymore. My foundation goes well on top of this moisturizer. I can only use this during winter, because my Tzones will get shiny especially nose area if I use this in summer. By then, I will switch to a oil control moisturizer. Overall, it really hydrates my skin and doesn't cause any breakouts. Down sides are it is expensive, and the creme is in a jar form, not so hygienic. You have to dip your fingers to get the creme.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My jar says perpetual moisture but it is a white jar, different from the picture listed here. I picked it up at TJ Maxx. Never realized they occassionally sell dept store skincare. I have very dry, maturing skin. I use this in the morning under EA plump perfect cream foundation and find that it does moisturize adequately and smooths almost like a primer. I have always had to use a heavier eye cream under makeup and I put that on over this moisturizer. I am satisfied overall with the performance. I like it better than Clinique Moisture On Line that I have used for YEARS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I beg to differ from most of the negative reviews of this product; however, I am reviewing the lotion version of this product and NOT the cream version. I like everything about this product - the texture, the moisturizing effects, the smell (like cucumbers), the bottle (very hygienic as it's a pump glass bottle), and the fact that it doesn't aggravate my skin (note though, it did take my skin 2 weeks or so to adjust to this lotion because before that it was a total wreck - allergies from something i used prior to this lotion). Now, after a few weeks my skin is liking it and is less reactive (for now). If this continues to be good to my skin (as it is now) then I'll continue to purchase even with the overly high price tag (given the fact that I react to everything on the market). I am very pleased with this lotion. EDIT: Recently, this started to make me really/super oily within an hour or so. Not sure what happened. I am so disappointed. Also, at first this gave me a nice glow but now its just like any other lotion. Docked 2 lippes (1 for the price and the other for the oiliness and no glow). No sale for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 7:34:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I received this as a GWP and used it as a night cream when travelling as it doesn't contain SPF. My first thought was that the fragrance isn't as strong as most of EA's products, and I was pleasantly pleased by this. My second thought when I applied it was that it contains alot of silicones, as it's incredily silky and smooth. Having used it for a couple of days I didn't really find it moisturzing enough, as it was the cones making my skin smooth, not the moisture content. I was thus disappointed because my first impressions of this was pretty good. It came in a miniture version of the original size jar, but it wasn't sanitary to use.