April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Double Duty Base & Top Coat

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Olivia891

I've gotten this a few times..it works fine but fine isn't good enough when you devote time and work hard on your mani. I've used it only a few times as a top coat and remember it not being very shiny, so I mostly use it as a base and while prevent chipping fairly well after about 4 days it starts to shrink at the base of your nails and the edges slightly lift up. This is annoying especially when hair gets caught underneath and it just weird looking overall. In addition once it's started chipping away you can usually peel it off in one go..I guess that could be good or bad depending on whether you've got nail polish remover around or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Nagaika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I've probably bought it 10 or 20 times already and I will always buy it. This is a dream come true. Since I've tried it, my nails went to a totally new level of perfection))

It dries quickly when the bottle is relatively new, it distributes evenly, it is so super shiny, plays on the sun perfectly, stays for long time. I can use it as a transparent cover to reinforce my nails, I can use it to give it some glow. I always use it before the polish to even the surface of the nail, I also always use it after polish to make it stay longer. If you refresh it from time to time it can literary stay on the nails for 1-2 weeks easily.

Another thing I do. If I made my nails just before I went to bed and they look awful in the morning, as they have these wrinkles and stuff, I just put one layer of Double Duty on top of it and it looks great, it sort of keeps the color, but corrects the texture.

100% of my friends can't imagine their life without it after they tried it following my recommendation or on their own.

This is by all means THE BEST product for nails (maybe the very best girly product ever) I've ever tried in my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by rhondaGIRL87

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this top coat works amazingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Livinginhope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed with this product. You don't have to faff around with base coat and top coat on your nails as this does both. My nail varnish still looks great after 3 days of wear. It dries quickly as well so I'll definitely be using this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lee999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely useless.

I've been through half the bottle, and I've tried it with many different brands of polish AND top coats--sadly, this product hasn't made a single bit of difference. My nail polish almost always chips (and often peels off altogether) the same day.

This might be the only product I paid money for that I won't even force myself to use up. What would be the point?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's too thick as a base coat, doesn't help nail polish stick to the nail surface at all, if anything, it helps it separate from the nail faster. It's a decent top coat but nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Cosmiclover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works well, as a base and a top coat. Like all Sally Hansen strengthening polishes, it becomes quite thick as you get further down the bottle but it has never caused me any trouble due to the cheap price. My nails are brittle but with this as a base coat under my nail polish my nails do seem less likely to break. As a top coat, I have had a few chips but I'm partial to picking my nail polish off during the day. Overall I am very pleased this product, Sally Hansen products never fail to let me down.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by aznflower101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works well at first when it isn't so thick. I find with it that my nail polish doesn't dry completely for a whole day so it just ruins my new polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love a product that does more. So I got this, happy that I would not need to get two different products for my nails. It is easy to apply and dries fast much to my delight. I am absolutely horrible at applying nail polish but this presented no problems for me. The top and base coat was not too thick either. Good product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

This stuff is just no good. It's incredibly thick and gloppy---like liquid plastic. Even after it dries (finally), you're suspicious that it might still be wet SOMEWHERE in there. I used it as a base coat with a gorgeous Sonia Kashuk polish, a deep plum called Hocus Pocus. That polish is a one-coater and goes on very smooth. Well, not with this base coat. For the first time ever, Hocus Pocus went on streaky and patchy and needed a second coat just to cover up the ugly. And now, hours later, I already have chipping, and I know it's because of that base coat, which I imagine would peel off in one sheet if I tried. Ugh, don't waste your money.