Mary Kay Lash Lengthening

4.3

on 6/22/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This WAS a great mascara but as far as I know this was discontinued and replaced by Lash Love lengthening which is a great mascara but totally different. Unless you're getting old tubes of the MK lengthening on Ebay MK no longer sells the original lengthening. I checked.

Lash Love Lengthening is curved with small tight bristles on a small rubber head. The formula lengthens and adds some volume, can keep your curl if there is not too much humidity and lasts all day with minimal flaking. No smudging. And removes easily however I can still find a few specks of mascara the next day. The mascara is definitely worth the price.

The tube is black with pink stripes at the top. I wrote this review so people know what to order from MK or Amazon.

on 5/15/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really lengthens my lashes, stays curled, no clumping. The wand bristles are small so it can reach the lashes really well without messing up. Packaging is sleek.
Simple, effective, clean application.

on 11/12/2012 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have just run out of this and realised how much I love it. I keep my makeup simple but this really makes my lashes so long and dramatic. I am also very sensitive to eyemake up and this doesn't irritate my eyes. Its more expensive than other regular mascaras but I would rather pay extra and get this!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was really excited to try this, especially with Mary kays lash primer, but am awfully disappointed. I have naturally long curled lashes and this mascara somehow managed to make them look shorter! I use a maybelline *volumizing* mascara that gives me more length than this did. Even with the primer my lashes looked short and stick-thin. It also had a really dry feel to it, and made some lashes stick together, which didn't neccesarily look too bad, but like I just had less lashes than I do. I am going to try to exchange this for MK's Lash Love mascara (which conversely, is amazing) and will obviously not be buying it again.

on 10/27/2012 4:33:00 PM

Love this mascara! Doesn't clump, and definitely adds visible length to the ends of lashes. It is a light buildable formula, which I also like. I use full and soft (maybeline) to build some fullness, and then typically use this to lenghthen and separate the ends of my lashes. Very satisfied with this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I can't believe how great this mascara is! I would have never chosen it on my own because I already have long lashes, but a friend gave me one and I'm shocked. I love it. It is a really glossy black shade, the brush isn't too big or too small, it doesn't flake off and stays on all day...and best of all...you can wear it natural or layer it for dramatic lashes. AND you can layer it without it clumping up, EVEN if the mascara is already dried.

Seriously. I don't know why they call it a 'lengthening' mascara. It does do that. But it does everything else you'd want, too.

on 10/2/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My all time favorite mascara.. and trust me I've tried plenty from low end to high end. It gives me very natural and soft eyelashes with absolutely no clumping! My pet peeve is to see spidery, clumpy lashes and this gives me wispy and full but natural lashes! I already have really long eyelashes, so that's not something I'm extremely concerned with, however, my eyelashes do clump easily for whatever reason. This mascara eliminates that problem for me! No problems with flaking, smudging, or eye irritation and it washes off easily. I have nothing bad to say about this awesome mascara!

on 8/27/2011 10:40:00 AM

I first got this mascara as a present, and was like "oh yeah, another mascara" *chucks in pile* but after using it I really noticed that my eyes looked so much nicer! It does do the lengthening bit and adds a bit of volume. It curls the lashes nicely - not like some that pull your lashes into all sorts of directions. The only problem I have with this is that you have to put on a fair few coats to get MY desired dark look for going out. I'm not sure what it costs, as when asking my aunt (who bought me it) where to get it from she automatically bought me a new one! This mascara also lasts a really long time - it doesn't use much to get the perfect look!

on 8/17/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Goes on smooth, does not smudge

on 3/19/2010 3:16:00 AM

This is a great mascara! It does add serious length, and it defines very well so it looks like I have many, many lashes. It holds curl well, it doesn't smudge or flake at all, it never clumps, and it doesn't dry out my lashes. for the price it's a steal! I think it's only $10 which is cheaper than many drugstore mascaras these days, or at least the same price. The only negative about this is that it doesn't add much volume.