MAC Veluxe Pearl - Crystal Avalanche

4.7

on 2/23/2015 10:27:00 PM

I have this and White Frost they have similarities but they also have differences so that is why I own both. Crystal Avalanche is a more icy white more of a standout shade. I use it in my inner corners of the eye to make them look bigger. White Frost is more luminous as its a satin. While this is a Velux pearl so it does emphasize my eyes really well because it just looks brighter but not super shimmery. This is a good shadow for when I want a more dramatic look.

White Frost on the other hand I use to tone down colours and I can use it as a highlight. Crystal Avalanche is also awesome on half the lid mixed with a bright or dark shade that can look really cool as well. I'm happy with this I purchase just the pan and put it in a palette so it's cheaper. So the price was worth it for the quality. NW20, blonde hair, green eyes for reference this shade works on me very well. It's buttery soft and blends very easily. My favorite white to open up my eyes. Recommended!

on 4/5/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Once again, the MAC girls behind the counter at Kirkcaldies & Stains in Wellington (New Zealand) were fantastic. After admiring the latest fashion/beauty magazines, I wanted a white eyeshadow just for the skin area around the tear ducts in the corner of your eyes. The MAC ladies said the best white for this was Crystal Avalanche. After moisturising, apply foundation, then whiten the corners and continue over your lids. Apply your eyeliner and then your normal eyeshadow - but don't go over the white right in the corner. It looks amazing! Glides on! Love the tiny hint of shimmer particles.

on 3/14/2014 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this eyeshadow for my MAC Pro palette. It's the perfect inner corner/brow bone highlight shade, especially if you have fair skin. It's a really pigmented shimmery white that adds a nice glow to your eyes. It makes you look more awake, and it really makes your eyes look bigger. I compared this to White Frost, and this is a much more pigmented eyeshadow, and it blends really well.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

One of the best browbone and inner corner highlighter ever. It looks so glamorous, especially with a smokey eye. Makes eyes look "Whoa".

on 10/25/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

One of my favourite ever make up tricks is to apply a lighter eyeshadow in the inner corners, since I discovered it, I always do it, it just makes your eyes look bigger, more alert with this beautiful brightening effect. I noticed I was missing a pure white shimmery eyeshadow from my collection and after some online research, I decided to buy Crystal Avalanche. Firstly, it's a true white-as-snow shimmery shade, unlike Nylon which is white with a strong gold undertone. Second, the pigmentation is outstanding, applied and blended on my eyelids with little effort. Last, in the inner corners and tearducts Crystal Avalanche insanely brightens up my eyes, without looking too harsh against my NC25 skintone. I'm extremely pleased with my new eyeshadow, if you're looking for a super-bright inner corner highlight or a true white eyeshadow, I urge you to give Crystal Avalanche a look.

on 3/8/2013 10:27:00 AM

Crystal Avalanche is a shimmery white shadow that has a smooth texture and good pigmentation. I like to use this one when I do 60's makeup (a la Edie Sedgwick). It lasts well over a primer without any fallout. This is a beautiful shadow for cool complexions.

on 3/5/2013 2:06:00 PM

Love this color! So versatile. It's a gorgeous shimmery white. It can be used as a brow highlight, a lid color, or a facial highlight on cheekbones, cupids bow and down the center of the nose. I've already hit pan on this unfortunately, but that's because I get so much use out of it! I was looking into buying a Mineralize Skin Finish for highlighting, but using this I won't need to. Save yourself $30 and get this. It's a two for one eye color and highlight! I feel like this would work for woman of all age and color. It can be packed on for an opaque effect or dusted lightly for a nice shimmer. Definitely recommend!

I got this for Christmas along with Nylon because I am a junkie for white eyeshadow. After using Maybelline's Expert Wear eyeshadow in Vanilla for awhile I thought this would be a good substitute...but it's really not. I tried using this on my brow bone and inner corners for a highlight but it didn't really WOW me like I was expecting it to, especially for the price. It didn't really show up on my pale skin and I was quite disappointed. Maybelline's Vanilla actually is WAY more pigmented than this eyeshadow, IMO. I would not repurchase this, but I will continue to try to make it work.

This is perfect as a highlighter for my porcelain skin! Goes on nice and easy, makes my eyes look bigger & has the nicest sheen. I haven't found anything else I can use as a highlighter, so this is gorgeous!

on 12/30/2012 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Best slightly shimmery true white color around! Can be lightly tapped on as a highlight or packed on for more white color. I love this eye shadow and I'm so glad I bought it...wish I had done so sooner. It really opens up your eyes. I love to wear it packed on my eye lid for a very dramatic look with Urban Decay Darkhorse in the crease and smoked out. Looks amazing.

Top Rated MAC Products