Mackage Coats

3.9

on 11/16/2012 4:00:00 PM

Personally, I am in love with Mackage leather jackets. I have 3 of them now (Two are the Sophia in black and in brown, and the other is the Kenya in black). I purchased all three of them from Aritzia (Canada) and there is not a single thing about them that I do not like. The Sophia is a great coat to wear with leggings and it is a little bit more fitted, whereas the Kenya is really just an overall chic jacket that goes with absolutely everything. I highly recommend the Kenya. Once you've worn it a couple of times it really softens up and feels amazing, it is not a stiff leather at all. They are quite pricey but definitely worth it!

on 12/23/2008 9:51:00 PM

Last winter, I finally caved and purchased a $500 Mackage wool coat, justifying my purchase via the 'high price tag = higher quality' argument. Needless to say, despite the fact that I baby my coat and followed all the care instructions per the Mackage website, the coat is pilling after just one winter (approx. 5 months of wear).

Despite this...I'm a SLAVE to Mackage and will continue to buy because I'm absolutely over-my-head STUPID...I just won't buy it at full price ;)

on 8/21/2008 9:46:00 PM

I live in CA but i still had to have one of their coats. I absolutelly LOVE it and i hope i will have the chance to wear it this winter more than twice like i wore it last winter. Pricey ...around 600 but worth it because it will never go out of style and i will have it for a long time.

on 12/6/2007 2:38:00 PM

At first glance, Mackage coats are stuffy and old fashioned looking. But you just have to take a second glace. They do have some great designs, classic shape but with a few updated, trendy details. Kind of on the pricey side but I guess it is a good investment.

on 4/10/2007 12:36:00 AM

I bought a Mackage coat for this winter and overall, I do like it. For really cold days, make sure to wear a sweater underneath though because it won't withstand freezing winds! The only real frustration I have with the coat is that the lining is pilling really badly and it looks horrible--good thing that's on the inside! Overall, the styles are nice, they fit well, and if you wear one you'll get a lot of compliments.

on 2/4/2007 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Anyone who thinks this coat is warm is fooling themselves. Better to get a nice heavy pile lined sheepskin coat. The shape is short and boxy, and there is nothing sexy or feminine about it. The sleeves look too short. Styles like these are best left in the 1960s, where they belong.

Love Mackage coats! So stylish, yet simple. Can be worn for a night on the town as well as everyday with sneakers. Fabric, lining, and cut are amazing, not to mention outstanding quality. A bit on the pricey side, but in the long -term well worth it b/c they last for such a long time. Maintenance is not a problem if they are dry cleaned once a year. I also love these coats b/c they are just so nice that they will hardly go out of style, IMO, plus the winter here in Canada can be unbearable so the coats are not frumpy and heavy, they are soooooo warm, its unbelievable! Will probably repurchase another Mackage coat like in 4-5 years:)

Popular Clothes