La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

3.4

Water, Cyclomethicone, Octyldodecyl Octyldodecanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Algae Extract, Malt Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lactobacillus Ferment, Polyglucuronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Ulva Lactuca Extract, Glycine, Arginine, Methionine, Caviar Extract, Polysilicone-11, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Steareth-2, Butylene Glycol, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethoxydiglycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Algae) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Lactic Acid, Laureth-7, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, BHT, Triethanolamine, Phospholipids, Mica, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Citral, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5

on 7/30/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really want to love this product and i feel weird writing this but for some reason ... When i apply it my skin feels a slight burn..and i want to wash it off. The scent is strong! I dont know if its just me or anyone experienced the same thing. And no i wont repurchase this and i had my face had breakouts on my forehead.

on 7/28/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best cream I've ever used.

I wouldn't say I have tried all the "BEST" cream in market, but a few. I have oily acne skin, and the first sign of age has already started to show. I don't have any wrinkle, actually I think in these days, wrinkles are not the most terrifying sign of age, but I start to notice the skin on my face is not as firm as it used to be. The biggest problem for me is, as I mentioned, I have rather oily skin with acne, so I can't really use too rich cream for mature skin. La Mer works fine, but it is just a good moisturizer, with a bit repairing effect and nothing else. Most high end cream from Estee Lauder break me out, well on the other hand, something like SK II stempower is light and fresh but not strong enough for anti-aging.

My favorite skincare products before Caviar was Perricone and Darphin Predermine. Perrcione has a special system which mean their creams are all very easy to absorb. I think I would stay with Perricone forever if I didn't start to use La Prairie, which has changed my skin completely.

I use Caviar luxe cream, caviar serum (the one you need to activate), eye serum and eye cream, all from Caviar line. I didn't know which one works the best, but I think my skin tone is much smoother, more even, firmer (actually this is the most significant change, my face is much smaller), and with smaller pore. More amazingly, I have less acne. My face looks much much younger, my nose-mouth lines (they are not really wrinkles, just the shadow caused by the loose cheeks) nearly disappear.

I actually use the Cellular Power Infusion underneath for two weeks, however, that intensive serum might be too strong and my skin started to peel off. So I only use the Cellular Power Infusion at night, Caviar serum at night and occasionally for am, but luxe cream loyally for both am and pm. I use Caviar eye serum and cream for both night and morning, and my eyes never feel so lifted before, even when I was a teenager. I don't use anything else except Paula BHA and AHA every two weeks, and SKII mask every other day before the caviar cream.

on 1/16/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I adore it. Yes, as all the reviews have said, its incredibly expensive and has a very potent and long lasting fragrance (as with most La Prairie products). Its very rich, so a little goes a long way, I'm over 50 and still have very oily but good, wrinkle free skin. I only use it at night over a serum and I use a q-tip full all over the face. It absorbs beautifully and gives a wonderful smooth, hydration and texture to the skin. I use it for the treatment and for the firming and lifting but mostly for the luxurious personal experience that I deserve at the end of a long day.I may also use it after cleansing, toning, serum and before foundation for a night out when I want a really radiant look to my skin. If you're used to using a lot of moisturizer for day and/or night time, then you will probably over use this and experience a reaction and over abundance of fragrance. But if you use the Luxe cream as its intended for treatment and sparingly, you will love it. If you want a basic moisturizer with normal effects, use/buy something else.

on 11/22/2013 4:04:00 AM

LP caviar luxe cream is the best moisturizer i have tried; it's my absolute HG product.
My skin was dry on some areas, bumpy, and had pigmentation problem. After using this cream for 2 days i immediately see the result.
I have been using this cream for 2 months now, my skin is now hydrated, glowing, and giving that healthy blush. I don't put makeup or powder nowadays; I only put on sunscreen, because i feel confident enough with my skin thanks to this cream.

The only thing with this product is that;
I do have a sensitive combination skin and it is a little tricky when using moisturizer this rich. I had used it for 2 weeks, and it was amazing. But then i had my period, it caused me to have cystic acne on my chin area (more than i normally had). I changed my routine by only applying it as night cream, and skipping the chin area. I use la roche posay effaclar duo to replace the LP cream around my chin area, it successfully eliminate the chin acne. For some people that had breakout using this cream it could be because of too much application on the oily areas/ t zone (on my case on the chin). I would suggest to thin out upon application on the oily areas, or only wearing it as a night cream. I sincerely hope it works, because this is such an amazing product~

My skin is looking the best ever. I will continue to repurchase this product.
Although it is expensive, this cream lasts forever and because of this cream i can save up on facials/ doctors visit. ^^

on 10/25/2013 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Warning: After trying this cream, you will not be able to go back to your old moisturizer. I had been using La Mer and Chantecaille, and slowly began transitioning over to La Prairie. I tried samples of this cream for a little over a week before I was completely hooked. My face, neck, and décolletage have never felt so soft and smooth. Skin is perfectly moisturized, and I love the dewy glow. A little goes a long way, with half a spoon being enough for each use. Yes, it's a splurge. But now Crème de la Mer even feels cheap to me. You've been warned. There's simply no going back from this heavenly luxury.

on 7/30/2013 6:14:00 PM

So I recently bought several samples of this cream on eBay, because I head this is Lana del Rey's night cream (I love her - and her skin is flawless!). I haven't used it over my whole face yet - I spot tested in three different areas on my face/jawline. Moisturizers can tend to break me out, so I always take caution when trying new ones out. So far, the smell is alright, very fragrant, but it's not as bad as people say it is, in my opinion. I love that it has a shimmer to it, looks lovely! Applied smoothly and feels great so far. I will keep you all updated with how things go!

EDIT: It's time for bed, just washed my face, put on this cream -- OMG. My skin immediately felt soft, moisturized, with a nice matte finish. Definitely still sticking with my five lippies! I'll update again soon!

on 6/13/2013 7:52:00 PM

I would buy again, for sure. This is my HG face cream. I am wild about the exotic, luscious scent, and the pretty beige cream color. It makes my face so soft and glowy, and radiant. It delivers everything it promises. La Prairie delivers on their incredibly hefty price tag. I will buy again and again. You get what you pay for with this one. Tight pores, a radiant glow, and a translucency that no other face cream gives. Beautiful packaging, too.

on 3/27/2013 2:58:00 AM

this cream works very well for me. I am in my mid 30's and had been on Accutane which although cleared up my skin, it left it feeling patchy, dry and dull. this cream was able to transform my skin, making it soft, supple and radiant, without breaking me out. it feels luxurious to the touch, and you don't need a lot to cover your face. it is important to remember that like a lot of beauty products, it will work wonders for some skins (I would recommend it for those with mature, dry skin) and may be terrible for others ( it may not work well for youthful, oily skin). my forehead became flaky from the Accutane, but this cream corrected that within the FIRST use.

my biggest complaint, other than the price is the smell. it's very perfumey and i'd rather my skin creams to be light scented or have no scent at all.

on 1/13/2013 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It felt and looked like it absorbed in my skin but it did not. It left a film on my face that was like a thin sheet of wax. My skin felt tight and possibly lifted but definitely not hydrated . I put on my foundation/concealer but all it did was roll off my face like dry skin /exfoliate would if you were using "pretty feet" on your feet. my foundation looked uneven , dry, and cakey . Had to start all over with other products to get out the door so I would not look like Gloria Swanson. Have tried it several times but no more . It was a terrible waste of my time and money .

on 12/29/2012 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Wow, I was complaining about buying my Caudalie Premier Cru at $150. La Prairie Skin Caviar is $410. At a price like that, I would never buy this. But I did get this in the small sample size in a swap.

Even disregarding the price, this is a mediocre moisturizer. It smells very concentrated, but that does you no good if the ingredients don't improve your skin. Didn't feel immediately soft like Caudalie's or Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It didn't improve texture of the skin nor brighten the complexion. I'm on a budget so I wouldn't even know much about who this La Prairie brand is. Sounds like yet another company who managed to get awesome enough PR to where they can slap a steep price tag on utter crap products and sell it to naive rich women.

Popular Moisturizers