August 1, 2014 | 965 users online

Moisturizers - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cdr1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore it. Yes, as all the reviews have said, its incredibly expensive and has a very potent and long lasting fragrance (as with most La Prairie products). Its very rich, so a little goes a long way, I'm over 50 and still have very oily but good, wrinkle free skin. I only use it at night over a serum and I use a q-tip full all over the face. It absorbs beautifully and gives a wonderful smooth, hydration and texture to the skin. I use it for the treatment and for the firming and lifting but mostly for the luxurious personal experience that I deserve at the end of a long day.I may also use it after cleansing, toning, serum and before foundation for a night out when I want a really radiant look to my skin. If you're used to using a lot of moisturizer for day and/or night time, then you will probably over use this and experience a reaction and over abundance of fragrance. But if you use the Luxe cream as its intended for treatment and sparingly, you will love it. If you want a basic moisturizer with normal effects, use/buy something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by 12093

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LP caviar luxe cream is the best moisturizer i have tried; it's my absolute HG product.
My skin was dry on some areas, bumpy, and had pigmentation problem. After using this cream for 2 days i immediately see the result.
I have been using this cream for 2 months now, my skin is now hydrated, glowing, and giving that healthy blush. I don't put makeup or powder nowadays; I only put on sunscreen, because i feel confident enough with my skin thanks to this cream.

The only thing with this product is that;
I do have a sensitive combination skin and it is a little tricky when using moisturizer this rich. I had used it for 2 weeks, and it was amazing. But then i had my period, it caused me to have cystic acne on my chin area (more than i normally had). I changed my routine by only applying it as night cream, and skipping the chin area. I use la roche posay effaclar duo to replace the LP cream around my chin area, it successfully eliminate the chin acne. For some people that had breakout using this cream it could be because of too much application on the oily areas/ t zone (on my case on the chin). I would suggest to thin out upon application on the oily areas, or only wearing it as a night cream. I sincerely hope it works, because this is such an amazing product~

My skin is looking the best ever. I will continue to repurchase this product.
Although it is expensive, this cream lasts forever and because of this cream i can save up on facials/ doctors visit. ^^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Warning: After trying this cream, you will not be able to go back to your old moisturizer. I had been using La Mer and Chantecaille, and slowly began transitioning over to La Prairie. I tried samples of this cream for a little over a week before I was completely hooked. My face, neck, and décolletage have never felt so soft and smooth. Skin is perfectly moisturized, and I love the dewy glow. A little goes a long way, with half a spoon being enough for each use. Yes, it's a splurge. But now Crème de la Mer even feels cheap to me. You've been warned. There's simply no going back from this heavenly luxury.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lovelydana

So I recently bought several samples of this cream on eBay, because I head this is Lana del Rey's night cream (I love her - and her skin is flawless!). I haven't used it over my whole face yet - I spot tested in three different areas on my face/jawline. Moisturizers can tend to break me out, so I always take caution when trying new ones out. So far, the smell is alright, very fragrant, but it's not as bad as people say it is, in my opinion. I love that it has a shimmer to it, looks lovely! Applied smoothly and feels great so far. I will keep you all updated with how things go!

EDIT: It's time for bed, just washed my face, put on this cream -- OMG. My skin immediately felt soft, moisturized, with a nice matte finish. Definitely still sticking with my five lippies! I'll update again soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy again, for sure. This is my HG face cream. I am wild about the exotic, luscious scent, and the pretty beige cream color. It makes my face so soft and glowy, and radiant. It delivers everything it promises. La Prairie delivers on their incredibly hefty price tag. I will buy again and again. You get what you pay for with this one. Tight pores, a radiant glow, and a translucency that no other face cream gives. Beautiful packaging, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this cream works very well for me. I am in my mid 30's and had been on Accutane which although cleared up my skin, it left it feeling patchy, dry and dull. this cream was able to transform my skin, making it soft, supple and radiant, without breaking me out. it feels luxurious to the touch, and you don't need a lot to cover your face. it is important to remember that like a lot of beauty products, it will work wonders for some skins (I would recommend it for those with mature, dry skin) and may be terrible for others ( it may not work well for youthful, oily skin). my forehead became flaky from the Accutane, but this cream corrected that within the FIRST use.

my biggest complaint, other than the price is the smell. it's very perfumey and i'd rather my skin creams to be light scented or have no scent at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by tsarina1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It felt and looked like it absorbed in my skin but it did not. It left a film on my face that was like a thin sheet of wax. My skin felt tight and possibly lifted but definitely not hydrated . I put on my foundation/concealer but all it did was roll off my face like dry skin /exfoliate would if you were using "pretty feet" on your feet. my foundation looked uneven , dry, and cakey . Had to start all over with other products to get out the door so I would not look like Gloria Swanson. Have tried it several times but no more . It was a terrible waste of my time and money .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow, I was complaining about buying my Caudalie Premier Cru at $150. La Prairie Skin Caviar is $410. At a price like that, I would never buy this. But I did get this in the small sample size in a swap.

Even disregarding the price, this is a mediocre moisturizer. It smells very concentrated, but that does you no good if the ingredients don't improve your skin. Didn't feel immediately soft like Caudalie's or Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It didn't improve texture of the skin nor brighten the complexion. I'm on a budget so I wouldn't even know much about who this La Prairie brand is. Sounds like yet another company who managed to get awesome enough PR to where they can slap a steep price tag on utter crap products and sell it to naive rich women.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ritafaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use La Praire, but dont like the texture (too greasy) and specially the smell of this product. Also does not seem to do what other La Praire products do which is keep me fresh all day and wrinkle free. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't know why I got this ridiculous expensive moisturizer... The expensive moisturizer feels smoother, glides on easily and leaves that luxe feeling on the face and hands skin. However, does it really deliver other benefit? I'm not sure, at least after 2 months of usage I can't see noticable difference to a WAY cheaper OLAY Total Effect.

Bottomline: Definately won't buy it again now I have at least experience what expensive moisturizer "feels" like. But if you have a lot of money, probably worth to pamper yourself with the texture.