August 27, 2014 | 1592 users online

Skincare - Face - La Prairie - Skin Caviar beads

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

This is..... FAR too much of a hassle to use... the beads kind of keep spilling out of the tiny piece of cloth and then they keep sticking to my face.. lol. Maybe it's just me being awkward... In terms of effectiveness though, haven't noticed any improvement unfortunately.

Not sure how it would work as a makeup primer as suggested by some people, it's far too greasy???

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!
When you open the jar it looks like, well exactly what its called, caviar. It comes with a little spoon to scoop them out and clothes with a cheese cloth like texture for you to apply with. It is like nothing else on the market and applying this stuff is just down right fun! But better yet, it works. You squeeze the "caviar" in the cheese cloth to break them open and they release a serum like juice, you then rub the cloth on your face and apply the serum. It makes your face feel amazing! My skin is soo soft after using this. I am a product junky and growing up with a mother that believes you get what you pay for and will only use very high end products on her face, I have used many of the best products on the market. Nothing makes my skin as soft as these little beads do. As long as La Prairie makes this, I will continue to repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by CrystalicOxygen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

this stuff is great! and actually most of the fun is just looking at it and using it. these pearls are all so beautiful and you really have the feeling as if your pressing pure caviar on to your skin :) so i guess half of it (so as the rest of la prairie) is placebo effect, the thought of treating your skin with pure luxury, but i think its also half the deal already.
its a very beautiful and light oil which the skin absorbes quite quickly and it gives the face a nice glow. i use it after a long day, when my skin needs a boost of colour and moisture. i dont know about the "lifting" effect because i dont actually need one at the age of 21 but this is definately something i love.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I'm all for getting the best quality...but when I pay $$$ that's exactly what I expect...nothing less. This did not meet expectations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

Application of this can get a bit messy. You use a scoop of beads onto the soft towelette and press it against yous skin. The beads produce a nice soft moisture that's applied onto the skin.. Voila... Great skin! I wouldn't go as far as saying that this gives me a mini lift (as it claims ) but it sure gives me nice and glowy skin. Kind of like when I use a tinted moisturiser..No break outs! Lovely product and a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by aw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using these beads for about a month, once or twice a week (prior to moisturizer), before going out at night to awaken my skin. And awaken it certainly does! While I'm in no need of 'tightening,' which is these beads' central promise, my complexion glows - my skin gets an instant glow boost.
I found that a little goes a long way - one can easily overdo it and end up with a greasy look. If you feel you've used too much, just use your hands and spread the serum around a little more - the hands will pick up the excess serum as well.
Overall, a great product, albeit I noticed only cosmetic enhancement (no long-term) - but these beads do just what I require, so I'm quite happy with them.
NOTE: If you are not a fan of silicone-based products, steer clear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I want to glow, this is my secret weapon! It's awesome! I receivd it in a swap and wish I could afford it...price tag kills me!
UPDATE: 3 years later and I am STILL using this stuff (3rd jar). I REALLY spread it out! LOL! I see such a huge difference when I use this and when I don't. I truly save up and this is my birthday splurge. Right before I go to sleep, I use half a gauze, beads, spread it around my face. I wait for my skin to absorb it, then put some La Mer (another splurge---Christmas gift! LOL) on top. The next day, I can actually get away with little to no foundation. WOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by annelau

I thought this is suitable for mature and dry skin only. But I was wrong. If you want your skin to radiant and feel very silky and firm, it is suitable for you, too.
I am 20 and I am using Caviar Eye Complex of LP. My facialist uses this Skin Caviar (Caviar Beads) on me. It does not feel sticky at all. But my skin just absorbs all of them after 5 minsutes of massage. I could feel my tried skin is a lot more firmer, the pores are tightened and smaller and my dull skin appears rosy and glowing.
The feeling of using this is extremely luxury. And it works even on my very very sensitive skin. I do not use it as treatment all the time, I just use it when my skin is dull and need to be recharged for energy. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2003 2:07:00 PM More reviews by candicewails

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

TOO expensive for makeup primer. EA's ceramide capsules would have done a better job for less money (even tho that's already pretty steep!) I was totally blown away by the cute little gold beads, but what's with the capsules that cling on your skin in clumpy flecks that won't melt and are so hard to wipe off? This product isn't portable like EA capsules, and didn't give any impressive results that other serums couldn't give. While I had been dying to indulge my lemming for this, TRYING it on for myself killed the lemming quite fast. And check this out. It's mostly silicone, some water, alcohol, a tiny amt of antioxidant and even less water-binding agent. I splurge all the time, but I'm sorry to say I couldn't even find the dumbest reason to justify this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Olliefreddiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stumbled across La Prairie after months of allergic contact dermatitis (I looked horrendous - at least 30 seconds in the ring with Mike Tyson!! - one of my colleagues even brought a paper bag into the office one day and offered to measure me up for some eye holes!!) I started off with the "Desensitising" range and have gradually moved across to the normal "Cellular" range (with the odd "Caviar" product here and there!). Anyhow - my first reaction was that this product was a bit "gimmicky" - but considering the personal success I had experienced with other products in the La Prairie range, I thought I should give it a go. It is absolutely GORGEOUS - a really luxurious product. You place a small spoonful of the golden beads onto a piece of gauze, gather up the corners and then squish gently across your face - so the elixir is applied to the face and the 'transport devices' (ie the empty beads) are left safely wrapped up in the gauze! The elixir is then massaged very gently all over the face, neck and decollete. I don't use it every day (far too expensive at GPB95), but when I want to look at my best, this goes under my makeup.