November 27, 2014 | 1408 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dallas

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a dark tan tone to my skin, and this blush just gives it the "sun kissed glow". I'm a minimalist with my makeup application. I don't have time or the patience really for contouring and blending, then a blush etc. etc.

However, this product is kind of a two in one. It brings out my cheekbones like a dark contour would, but it also gives the shimmery glow of a blush. I use it all over my cheeks.

I wouldn't recommended it for a fair skin tone, as it would probably require a lot of blending. However for a darker olive tone, it's phenomenal. It last's for hours and hours, and literally just brightens up your face the moment you apply it! I've never loved a blush so much.

The ONE annoying thing...the cardboard square packaging.
Benefit....what the heck were you thinking!?
Once the blush hits pan in the middle, its really hard to get to the product on the outer edges (the packing is a square box). I have to swirl my blush brush around for ages at the right angle to get the right amount of product to apply on my face. It's so annoying, I really wish benefit would change the packaging!

I know a lot of the girls are a fan of the square brush that comes with the blush. But ladies, dont throw it out, before you try it!

For the days you do want to contour, it's an excellent little brush that gets right in the hollows of your cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am fair with blond hair and cool undertones. It is hard for me to find bronzers that do not make me look orange or like I streaked brown across my face. I have tried all types of bronzers and Dallas is the one I keep on going back to. Great for contouring and is easily buildable. Does not oxidize or go orangy throughout the day. Easy to apply, I use mine with a contour brush (although the brush given in the box is great as well). Gives a real looking shadow/bronzed color due to the red and plummy ubdertomrs , which is what a real tan you have on your body consists of.
Granted, it is pricey. But if you want a good bronzer that is not orange or muddy, it is very well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by naicha

I have strong yellow undertones and find that a lot of bronzers can make me look sallow. The plum undertones in Dallas are perfect for me because they act like bronzer and blush in one, warming up my face AND giving my cheeks hint of flush, just the way you would look after catching some sun.
I was afraid Dallas would look sparkly on my cheeks because you can definitely spot some shimmer in the pan, but once on, no indiviual flecks of glimmer can be detected - intsead, Dallas just looks natural and glowy.
Pairing Dallas with Benefit's Posietint is my perfect combo - I apply Posietint to the apples of my cheeks, then lightly dust on Dallas in your typical "3" sweep. That way, I get a girly pink cheek PLUS a nice bit of overall warmth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by wargman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thank you MUB for recommending this as a bronzer. Perfect bronzing color for my NW20/25 complexion. A very pigmented plummy brownish color that looks as if I've been in the sun. I use it like a blush, but in the winter I will try to contour with it. This is one of those rarities where the brush in the box actually works well. I hate the square cardboard packaging. I'm afraid to use it by my sink as everything gets wet and it's too chunky to carry in my cosmetics case. At $28.00 it's not cheap, but it's a really nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by alittletoovain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

FINALLY, my search for a contouring bronzer came to an end with this baby. I'm super fair/pale with pink undertones, so my skin is literally stark white, and not in a good way. I wanted a product that could bring some colour to my face while contouring at the same time. I've tried so many different toned bronzers and because of my unfortunate skin colour, everything was either too orange or too muddy for my skin.

BUT...

Dallas was the most perfect life saver. It's a deep brown based plum colour. Let me break it down for you: the brown base allowed me to use it as a contour, and the plum shades brought colour and life to my cheeks. It is soooo highly pigmented that just a touch of my brush brings about the most natural looking contour under my cheekbones. This product is super buildable, so for evening events I just whip out my YSL touche eclat highlighter for my cheek bones and amp up the contouring via Dallas. So natural with minimal products.

It can even be used as a blusher by itself across the apples of the cheeks! The plum colour is truly elegant for any one of any skin tone. Just build it up accordingly (:

Lastly, I just want to rave about the brush that comes with this product. Most people say the brush is useless, minimally functional etc etc....

IT IS NOT!!! it is basically a dupe for the NARS Ita brush which costs a mega rip off bomb in itself. Guys!! It's the exact same head shape and it's literally THE BEST type of brush to use for contouring.

Forget all your sigma/real techniques/bobbi brown/NARs brushes. Every time anyone needs a contour this brush is the immediate go to baby. I was so elated when I found out the type of brush that came with this already amazing product.

These are the reasons why I gave the price rating of this product 5 lippies; the pigmentation, the perfect life-saving plum shade, the brush, and the amount of product that comes with this is just phenomenal. It really isn't that cheap as a whole (I paid roughly 45 Singapore dollars for this?) but trust me, it's so, so so so worth it.

Product packaging wise I'd have preferred it to be in a smaller more storage/travel friendly compact instead of a large card board box ? I suppose space must be made for the brush to come with, but because of the depth, it makes reaching into the box for more product with my brush a little awkward compared to the traditional compacts. But given all the lovely benefits, I'm more than willing to overlook this tiny, tiny downside ;)

For all you fellow pale skinned girls out there, this be the product for blush/contouring for you <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have read several reviews that said this shouldn't be used on fair skin but I disagree. I have fair skin with pink undertones (Japanese/Irish/Portuguese ancestry) and I love this. I apply it lightly to the hollows of my cheeks with a fluffy brush and it gives me a natural hint of color. Its also not really sparkly like some other blushes but it does have a hint of shimmer. It's a bit pricy but it lasts a long time so I guess the cost is justified.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by 1alexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for years and it is the only expensive product I repurchase. Surprisingly I started using this because a worker at the benefit counter tried it out on me. It's a beautiful color. I have fair skin and dust this on my nose,chin, forehead, temples and cheeks. Even on my eyelids as a shadow! It lasts forever too so that's why I justify the price. I hope benefit does not discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

An HG blush in my stash. This is a mauvey,rose-brown, nude blush. I have tan skin, and this is so wonderful as a light natural blush. I can wear this with every makeup look I do. Paler skin tones can even use this as a bronzer/contour. I do a bit of a light contour myself with this. In direct light there are faint shimmers but on skin its matte. This is not my first time buying this and they last forever. I can only complain about this price+packaging. For what Im paying, I get cardboard? Excuse me? With the flip top being flimsy too. Pfftt. as least this digny package come with a mirror. Oh, and me being from Texas, I cannot overlook the name+awesome western cowgirl picture! Ok Benifet, you can get away with cardboard this time. Overall, this blush is great for everyone and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Eyeofaurora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect "nude" blush for my medium skin. Sometimes I will even use it for contouring. Packaging is cute but it is so expensive! The only reason I would not repurchase is because I have found an excellent dupe. Try Ulta Brand Cheek Color in Sunkissed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by chiara11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very natural looking, rosewood/dark mauve coloured blush/bronzer. You can use it as blush on cheeks, or you can also use it as brozner and additionally apply it on your forehead, nose and chin! Use sparingly on pale to medium complextions, the powder is darker than most other bronzers that I know!