November 26, 2014 | 952 users online

Treatments (Eye) - La Prairie - Eye Luminescent Veil

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ncgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my least favorite LP products. Let me start by saying I absolutely love the eye patches that come with this set. Man, they have saved me on many early mornings when I looked like something the cat drug in! The "veil" however, did not work on me at all. No matter how little I used, it sort of rolled up in a little ball underneath my eye area and seemed to be way too thick/heavy, even with heating it up between my fingers before applying. They should sell just the eye pads alone, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by tzenka

I give it 5 because it does what it says. It's not a moisturiser, nor it is a dark circle treatment. It's a VEIL. If you have dark circles and a good income, try it, it's worth it!UPDATE: I don't know about this product anymore. I noticed that it actually highlights the under-eye area, thus drawing attention to it. Nah...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CantMAKEUPmyMlND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am 21, therefore, not exactly La Prairie's "target" customer.

I love the Eye Luminescent Veil. It's a light cream, infused with a lot of shimmer. I use it as a highlighting product. I don't limit the use only to the eye area, either. It makes a great shoulder-shimmer cream, too. It's a little expensive to use it all over the body, though.

I can't imagine this product alone doing anything substanial for under-eye circle darkness. It's not a concealer - it's more of a diffuser of light. It's quite shimmery, and I know a lot of people do not like shimmer on their face. I happen to love it, but I am clearly not using it as it was to be intended. If you want radience in a jar, this is the stuff!

The Eye Veil is sold in a set with Eye Treatment Pads, which I also love for about $125. This is a great product for us younger girls after a late night (combination of both the pads and the Eye Veil)! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2005 10:31:00 AM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, my undereye circles must be much darker than everyone else's, because this product didn't do much of anything at all for me. I can see the shimmer, but rather than camouflaging my undereye circles, it seems to highlight the darkness and fine lines. I've tried it on it's own, under concealer, and over concealer, and this product just doesn't do anything for me at all. For anybody with serious circles, Bobbi Brown's corrector is definitely the way to go.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2005 4:49:00 AM More reviews by chococakehk

I luv their eye mask so I got 2 jars..at home

it came as a kit

too oily for my oily eyelids, would be great for those not so oily ones.

gave to mom she used them up lol

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2004 9:15:00 PM More reviews by privatejoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The LP SA told me this product would brighten my eye area. I don't use concealer, foundation or powder on my face and I have to say I was pleasantly suprised with this veil. After applying my face moisturizer I either pat a small amount of this under my eye area or sometimes using a concealor brush blend the veil on to my skin. This eye veil gives a smooth, silky feel and look and has a very light texture. Even using the veil alone brightens and refreshens the eye area. This is expensive but considering you only need a small amount and I don't use it every day it will last a while. The effects of this product are subtle yet effective.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 12:17:00 AM More reviews by PradaPrincess

I split purchased a jar of this with my friend on ebay so it worked out pretty cheap. This has a nice fluffy texture which I apply on top of my eye cream but underneath my concealer. I have pretty bad dark circles and this doesnt do much apart from slighlty brightening up my undereye area but this does make my concealer glide on soo smoothly! Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am in love... this stuff works beautifully! It's a shimmery pearly gel-crème that goes on top of the eye cream or after the eye pads, the shimmers are very refined and the gel glides on like heaven! It's light diffusing and fades dark circles instantly and eye area looks RADIANT. It's not suppose to moisturize so make sure you gals put on some eye cream before this. Not only does it looks and feels great, this stuff is supposed to help seal in all the good stuff from the eye cream. It comes with a fat price tag tho (US, this luxurious set contains 10 sets of eye treatments pads (temporary miracle worker too) and a jar of Luminescent Veil, but IMO it's worth every single penny. Great quick-fix on the big nights out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2004 3:13:00 AM More reviews by enya

seems like i'm the only one who doesn't like this product. frankly, i don't know what it's supposed to do as it can't even disguise my dark circles. on the contrary, the glitters accentuate fine lines and circles(though i don't have very serious problem with my eyes). and the results of the eye pads which come together in the package are so short lived. i'm a fan of LP but this one is a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2003 4:14:00 AM More reviews by erikatang

Normally i have a hard time putting on concealer cuz my eyes get tired easily and they tend to be very dry most of the time. This shimmery gel-creme does not moisturize the undereye area, what it does is that the shimmers diffuses light and thus masks the dark circles. I didn't find this very effective in covering up my circles, however it does provide a velvety smooth base for my concealer to do its job. For you gals with lines under eyes, I would recommend the Rose Illusion Primer over this. Both are fab products, worth every penny.