April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Oleo Relax Smoothing Holding Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by christen1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is actually amazing if you use it the right way.
I work at a salon and the way you use it is the following:

Use it wet, and blow dry or more commonly, spray on dry hair and use your iron over it. It smooths, keeps shine and makes hair actually LOOK and FEEL healthy.

This would obviously not work on fine limp hair. Great on thick curly hair for a pre blowdry, and great for a good straightening.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is TERRIBLE. First let me say that i believe this is the correct product review name, but everything on the bottle is like, in French. So really it doesn't say 'smoothing holding mist' anywhere, it just says 'nutri-huile. anti-frizz. anti-humidite" huh?
As for the product itself, I was talked into buying this by the suspiciously evil salon rep herself. Normally i research every beauty product i buy, but i was getting the chi flatiron at the time and i just felt like, well what was another $40? It was kind of weird, she test/showed it to me on my sisters hair and it felt smooth and looked uber shiny.
So what happened? I haven't used it in over a year even though i look at it periodically on my shelf, and think 'what a waste!' It really weighs my hair down, feels sticky and hard, and ironically ELIMINATES any shine. sure it gets rid of the flyaways, but is it worth near $40?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by dollchild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Kerastase. But my hair HATES this product. I have super-long highlighted hair that usually drinks Kerastase products up happily . . . but this stuff literally glues my hair together! I've tried it on wet hair and on dry, with two sprays and with 20. The result is the same. It matts my hair up quickly and horribly, but washes out easily -- thank goodness -- so I can go back to my regular 'do, sans matts. Thumbs down, indeed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product actually works quite well, although I have to say it does not surpass other, similar products (I still like Frederic Fekkai's glossing cream for taming frizzies). But the one thing that is truly horrible about this product is the scent. It made me feel ill. When you first spray it on your hair, it smells yummy, like overripe mangoes. But then it starts to morph into a synthetic, fruity alcohol scent, and the lasting power is insane. It smelled just as strong on my hair 12 hours after I had sprayed it. If only my favorite perfume could last that long! So, I had to return it.