August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Prairie - Anti-Aging Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

I have given this cream a second.. a third chance but I still cannot find a reason to like it. Overpriced, non-hygienic jar and no visible results. Texture is not nice -I am aware you have to warm it up first between your fingers- and I cannot feel any difference. Since it has no SPF, I only use it at night but then why not use the Anti Aging Night cream or the Anti Stress Cream which is so much better? Will not buy again and have regrets about buying it..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by huyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this moisturizer and I use it both in the day and night.
It has a very heavy and rich texture. However, it does not make my skin oily at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

I love this! Every moisturizer I used either made me too oily or too dry and this is the perfect balance. It keeps my skin moisturized for a long time but at the same time, keeps it matte the entire day. What a miracle product.
Edit: I still think it's a great product but I've been using Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Cream (original formula) and I think it's better and of course a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by FarrahJoon17

This creme has such a soft luxurious feel. Its a very indulgent moisturizer but well worth the money. It smells fresh and clean. It only has smell when you first put it on. After that its nothing bothersome or noticeable. Its great for daytime use and gives me a fresh matte but not too matte finish. I want my skin to look clean without being too shiny or oily. My skin is usually prone to breakouts but this creme didnt make me break out. It gives great hydration without feeling heavy or making my skin shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by alisaperez

Hi,
Well my skin reacts almost on any cream and after using something next day I have on my chicks red spots. Beside that everything is fine. I could never understand actually why I always had this problem because I was always using expensive good qualities brands like Jurlique or Sisley. So I tried a sample (7 ml) which lasted me for 2 weeks (every day morning and night I used it). And to my surprise my skin didn't reacted on it as usual. My skin became clear with out allergy. So I right away purchase a whole bottle... I absolutely love it! :-) For me the effect worth its price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I felt compelled to write a review on this product since I'm already on my third jar. I know I probably don't need to use any sort of anti-aging especially from la. pra being 24. BUT... that's why it's called 'intervention' right? I do find it useful for other things - best at night since it's a rich heavy cream. It help to even my complexion out for the next morning. I wake up with a oily sheen but this is naturally the case in hot climates. When I'm in cold weather, it's the perfect 'moisturiser' at night. This is the only thing I apply on at night. So generally, I will continue to use this and look ageless by 50!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Lilly69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
This has the best consistency of all creams! (Thanks to the silicone in it :). The surface of the skin is really visibly perfected (not lasting though).
Contains Oligo-peptide-3 (muscle relaxer).
CONS:
Not enough anti-oxidants; not documented that the anti-oxidant complex in the cream works.
Packaging will make that existing anti-oxidants will disintegrate pretty quickly due to oxidization.
NOTE:
It should always be worn with a sunscreen! (due to lack of sunscreen agents in the product!)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2007 7:39:00 AM More reviews by JulieMM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried a sample of this product and was really impressed, it seem to absorb easily into the skin and really reduced expression lines which is what Im looking for. However when I bought the actual product it was really different, the colour but most of all when I apply it to my skin it leaves it feeling tight and a little dry, even though I do mix in the palm before application. Ive written to La Prairie and they assure me this is normal. Im not convinced about this product. Ive tried other La prairie products and they are really great but I find it irritating that the real product seems to have nothing to do with the sample. I do not know whether I will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by hothuggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i am a big la prairie fan but this cream doesnt do much for my skin. its heavy and rich. doesnt smooth on easily and just gives basic antioxidants to the face. big whoop lots of cheaper products do this just as well

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite La Prairie product.I dont use it as prescribed.I use it as a moisturizer,Day and night.It performs best when applied right after a shower when skin is warm and moist.Maybe thats why it works so well,It may cut down on the rich texture.I have since switched to skin caviar and moisture renewal cream.Why.Good question.I like to try new things and I think I'm off to Nordstom.com right now to order more.People constantly commented on my skin when I used this product.Waitresses,flight attendants twice I was accused of having a fake ID and refused sale of cigarettes.NO LIE OR JOKE!!!!Its really a miracle cream!!Im off to Nordstrom NOW,I forgot about how wonderful it is.I sent a sample to a friend and even he was amazed at the firming effect.