October 20, 2014 | 1836 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Creamy Molding Wax

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product did not work in my hair as a true finishing product for smoothing, control and shape. The consistency is not "creamy" but more like wax and you need a small scooper to get the product out. The wax does emulsify between palms and fingers, but when applied as the fininishing product to hair after blowing dry, it did not provide hold but rather smoothed lightly, added some shine and defined my natural curl. Did not help with fly aways.

Pro: Has a lovely fragrance.

Cons: Did not hold or control as a finishing product on my natural curly, thick hair. I need weight and smoothing. Way too expensive! The silver ball container packaging is silly and gimicky. There are better products out there for less moola

It's my opinion when hair products like Tigi and others make their way out of salons and into beauty supply or drug store chains, something gets skewed with the formula! This happened with my beloved Pureology and Redken years ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was recommended by my stylist. I really love the smell, sort of watermelon-y, very sweet. Feels nice to apply. Lasts all day, doesn't weigh down my hair, and is easily remoldable. For me, like with other S Factor products, the price is just too high. I don't think I would repurchase because I think their are other products that work as well in TiGi's Bed Head collection, which is still expensive but still cheaper than S Factor, or even Fructis' Surf Hair.

Edit: I had previously said that due to the price I would not repurchase but I had come to find that I think I love it too much to part with it. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by navalon

I never used wax before in my life, so I don't have any comparison. I've been watching ther How to Get the Look Videos on Tigi.com and there is were I got this Idea. I take a little Molding wax and Dream Drops Serum and mix it in my palm. The Wax will be melting and then I apply it to my hair. Wonderful moisture, structure and shine! And Anti-Frizz a little and quite against fly-aways. I got a little longer than shoulder length and quite thick and frizzy.
I really love this!! The only thing I was wondering is, why the woman in the Video could just take some out with the finger and I have to take a spoon for it?!
The packaging is OK, nothing extraordinary. I took it away from the white podest, I like it more like this.
I hope this review helped!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this to add definition to my hair when I wear it wavy. I have thick hair a little bit past my shoulders and what I do is mix this and a little of whatever styling serum I have (currently using it with my It's a 10 styling serum) around in my hands to liquefy it and run it through my hair. Keeps my hair in check and looks great all day. The hold is pretty touchably soft too

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I have chin length oily hair with lots of layers. It has natural body, but it goes every where except the way I want it to go. I use the product to give my hair texture and control the body. A little goes a long way. I dab a pea size between my fingers and run it through the ends and the fringe, and it makes my hair a lot easier to control. I would not use more as I suspect if you use more it might look oily and dirty instead of textured and piecey. It helps control flyaways and it does have a fragrant smell that is pleasant but fades away. This was important as I have used other TiGi products that had lingering scents that I found cloying. Overall I enjoy this product, and have repurchased numerous times. My only hesitation is the price, but if you use small amounts it averages out against the cheaper wax/pomades that get used a handful of times and thrown away.

To address one of the reviews on the package, the styrofoam part is supposed to come off. It is meant for display only.
I have purchased this at Trade Secrets when they are discounted, but you have to be careful as the product is sometimes old and will turn a yellow color and a lot more waxy than creamy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, the packaging is horrible and cheap!! The actual wax comes packed in a silver ball which is glued onto styrofoam and mine came off the first time I tried the stuff. That said, that would be no biggie if the product itself was good on my naturally curly air dryed hair. NOT!!! It is $26, which also would be worth it, if it worked for me. It left my hair feeling thicker which I do not need and coated. Will return to ULTA in its delapidated state today. I also picked up Graham Webb Moussing Wax and hope it fairs better than this! TIGI is overrated and overpriced in my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 10:53:00 AM More reviews by strapon

I use mostly TiGi products because I get my hair cut and styled at Toni and Guy and generally speaking, TiGi makes some pretty excellent products. This product has a light fruity smell, but it's not obnoxious when you put it on your hair like some of TiGi's products can be. I have very short hair and this provides an EXCELLENT amount of hold. I can get my hair to look piecey, slightly spikey, I can even make a faux hawk using this paste. It's easily remoldable throughout the day and it doesn't leave your hair feeling like gunk like many wax products do - and it also easily washes out of the hair unlike other wax products! As long as I have short hair I think I will NEED this product, damn the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by jephphriey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No-build-up, easy-to-wash-out formula provides lasting hold with hardcore definition for short styles, or smooth, lusterous styles for longer hair, with minimal use of the product. Luscious fragrance. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by vgarcia2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it, love it, love it! i used to work at a beauty wholeseler so i would get stuff discounted. i really couldnt imagine paying 28-30 bucks for this until i tried it. i do not have short hair. on the contrary, i have long, thin hair. sure it says wax but i use to smooth my hair out with a nice hold. a little goes along way so dont take a chunk out. i like it use it when i just rolled out of bed and i have no time to get ready. i comb my hair, rub a little bit in inbetween my hands until it liquifys. then i glide my hands over my hair that needs smoothing or a slight hold then i over it with a comb or leave alone. the hold last all day long without making your head feel like a helmet. it also adds shine without making it greasy. this product also has natural softener that your hair soaks up so it leave your hair soft. the packaging is little ackward. the product sits inside a silver ball container. the ball is attacted to a foam platform. so when you get home, detach the ball from the container and viola! better packaging! check it out, works well on wavy to straight hair, short or long. this is a HG for me =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Terrific shaping cream - perfect for my short crop. It's a cross between a creamy pomade and a firm wax. Only a tiny bit is needed to add major texture and piecey-ness to layered hairstyles. Great hold, but hair is still touchable and moldable throughout the day. This is very easy to shampoo out as well. I like how my hair doesn't feel weighed down with this...unlike with some pomades and waxes that I've tried. It adds volume, separation and thickness. Has that slight fruit/coconut scent that I find in a lot of Tigi items. The one thing that it doesn't do is add shine -- finish is matte. Apart from that, this is the closest thing to a perfect finishing product that I have ever tried for my short/layered hair.