October 24, 2014 | 1606 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Pale Pink

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a medium, neutral cool-toned pink. It is less bright than the powder version of pale pink by BB.

Cheeks: This doesn't feel sticky, and is capable of being layered over full coverage foundation without streaking, which is important to know.

Lips: When used on the lips, I was surprised 6 hours later when I glanced in the mirror that it was still present, only as a 'stain' finish. So first applied, it's like any lipstick but later on it just looks like a gorgeous blush lip stain. I am really into the whole blush and lipstick matching so this works if one likes that.

Overall 5/5. The product comes with a mirror and it's a small enough compact to fit in my purse. I find myself using this more and more for that lit-from-within look.

I love the blushing bride/rose/ spring style, and to achieve that on my medium, cool-toned skin, I apply foundation, then use this pot rouge on the apples of my cheek up to my hairline,and dabbed on my lips, then I apply the shimmer brick in Rose on cheekbones, and the Pale Pink powder version by BB on just the apples of my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought BB Pale Pink after finally facing the fact that my Nars Multiple in Riviera, though a fantastic color, was a flop. And hooray, it's definitely my HG! I'm not sure I'd use it on my lips, bc they are prone to drying with color and this really doesn't seem moisturizing. But for a blush it's awesome.

It's very pigmented (which TBH, freaked me out upon first opening the compact), so for me, a pasty MW20ish specimen, a very small amount yields a really lovely, natural looking pinky/brightening glow. Have to resist getting too carried away though - it can be easy to overdo it if applying. I find that it's very long lasting, but I don't wear foundation so that may play a part here.

If you look good in cool pinks but are on the fence bc it's not DS cheap, it's worth taking into account that it lasts forever. I've been using it daily since purchasing in April '13, and there's only a small dent in my compact. I doubt I'll run out for a couple of years. I just hope BB has it or a similar shade/product on the market at that time so I can replace it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Crasybebe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it when one product pulls double duty. Great for travel, this product leaves your cheeks with a creamy glow and your lips with a pink flush. Don't be fooled into thinking its too bright while it is on the bright side, its not over the top. I recommend powder pink for a more subdued pink if you are scared of pale pink. You really cannot go wrong with any pot rouge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by naicha

Pale Pink has quickly become my go-to everyday colour: I either wear it alone for a youthful pink flush to my cheeks or layer it on top of bronzer. Neither too bubble-gummy nor too dull, I think this would suit a large variety of skin tones. I also really like the formula: highly pigmented, quite hard and dense it may take a little bit longer to blend out, but it does last all day without feeling sticky. Definitely my most-reached-for cream blush and one that I would surely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

This stuff is just delicious. Apart from being practical, wearable and easy to apply, it's just a nice thing to HAVE. It comes in a nice little jar and it's so creamy and such a lovely bright pink colour and it smells like flowers. If, like me, you can't resist yummy smelling lip balms in cute tins and that kind of thing, Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge is a covetable treasure. I can't resist reaching for it.

As other reviewers have said, it's a bright peony pink in the pot (alliteration!), but on your cheeks it's a really natural rosy flush. It's totally buildable but impossible to overdo. Due to illness I'm about as pale as it is possible for a living and non-zombified person to be, so I tend to go with a pale foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear in 'Shell' - the old formula) and then layer on blush with a fairly generous hand, starting from the middle of the apple of my cheek and blending (REALLY thoroughly) back towards my temples until I've achieved a healthy glow. This is the most natural way to brighten my complexion without looking orange or muddy, and the rosy flush of Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Pale Pink is the ideal shade.

Because Estee Lauder Double Wear is long wearing and sets quickly, I do find it a bit tricky to blend cream blushes over my base, so I use my fingers to pat this in. It warms everything through and helps to blend the blush. This shade has absolutely no shimmer, but it does have a very subtle dewy sheen, so it makes your cheeks look plump and fresh. If you want a natural lit-from-within radiance, this is the product.

The cons are few, but for me I find this blush less long-wearing than a powder blush, and because of my base it's a little bit more time consuming also. I may purchase the same shade in Bobbi's Powder Blush for days when I'm doing a full face of makeup and keep the Pot Rouge for those days when I'm aiming for something a bit lighter and cleaner. The only other downside is that, compared to other cream blushes (like NARS) it's very sticky in the pot, so I find that no matter how hard I try to keep in clean, it does attract tiny particles of fluff. This isn't really a big deal and doesn't diminish the effectiveness of the product, I just thought I should mention it.

I suspect this will be a staple for me, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I can picture this shade and formula working on a variety of skin tones and with a huge spectrum of makeup looks. This is the rouge for people who love makeup, and it's the rouge for the people who hardly wear any makeup. You can't go wrong. It's just very, very pretty!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I would never have selected this color without doing a lot of research first, as the words "pale" and "pink" aren't generally good news for my tan olive skin. Bobbi Brown's pot rouge, however, is the exception to that seemingly unbreakable rule. It leaves my cheeks with a soft, natural-looking flush that wears well even in the hottest weather. (And did I forget to mention that my oily skin eats blush for breakfast?) This and Calypso Coral have immediately become my staple blushes. Not only are the colors flattering, but application is fool-proof (just a tiny bit of rouge blended with the fingers onto the cheeks), the packaging is sleek, and the price is fair given the amount of product you receive versus the amount you actually apply per wearing. What's not to love? I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I am absolutely love-struck by this blush. (well, technically this a blush/lipstick combo because you can really use this as a lip-tint/lip-gloss unlike NARS cream blushes which are far too dry and powdery to be used on the lips alone).

I have veered away from colors in the "pale" pink category for years thinking they were not right for my warm-toned, often a little to a lot tan skin with yellow undertones. I did learn via some NARS powder blushes (Angelika and Desire) that I could pull them off but I had not tried any of BB colors. All I can say is that I am SO glad that I did.

This color is so absolutely gorgeous on. It is easy to apply and blend whether I use my fingers or a foundation brush. It has decent staying power and never looks over-done or clownish. The color on my pigmented lips is gorgeous as well and for a quick, simple pulled-together look this works fabulously. I do however like pairing this blush with BB rich lip color in Uber Pink.

THis summer might be all about corals but I am all about pinks right now and couldn't be happier about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this at the CCO about six months ago, and it's just lovely. I still have my old Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose, and it's still soft and usable (and barely dented because there is SO much product) but I've dropped it a few times and the top has chipped so much that it might be at the end of its lifespan.

Anyway - Pale Pink is clearly a new and sheerer formulation, but it's much easier to apply and wear. I don't bother using it on my lips because it's too pale to do much good there.

Pale Pink gives me a lovely "doll face" look, especially if I limit application to the apples of my cheeks. It sounds like it would look weird, but I've seen myself in store windows/mirrors in the winter with this application and it looks great on me.

I like cream blushes in general, but especially for winter because my skin is dry. In fact, I often use lipstick for the purpose! I don't think this blush lasts forever (maybe 6 hours) but it's compact enough to travel with you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first cream-based rouge. Prior to this, I'd only worn dusty pink powder based blush, so understandably, I was quite anxious about using a brighter shade of pink. However, once applied, it has the prettiest pink hue, adding a girlish vibrancy to your face. I rarely use the stuff on my lips, but when I do, it's only when I'm wearing little to no visible make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this at an outlet, great bargain!
As a lip stain, the color is amazing, natural & cool-toned light pink, doesn't dry out lips.
As a blush, it's less pink but healthy and long-lasting.
I think they have a new version with mirror, but lot less volume.
A staple for me.