September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Highlighters - Estee Lauder - Tom Ford Face Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Coquilee 01. I bought it from the outlets for $28. It adds a nice, sheen, glow before wearing blush, powder, foundation. I wear this before MAC studio fix powder and my powder doesn't look cakey or dry. I use either a foundation brush MAC 190 to apply this product with. It's very sheer, with subtle glitters that doesn't look like you have glitter on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by etmg

gorgeous packaging - looks very expensive. I bought this last year and have used it constantly so that now I am down to scooping up the remnants with a cotton bud. I was ecstatic to see that there was was a display of new Tom Ford/EL summer make up colours on display in selfridges (UK) but no face gloss. There is a face glow but really, it isn't the same it is more a very light creamy bronze blusher. I really hope they will do something similar again this summer. I have never found anything with quite the same texture - I even preferred it to the previous HG highlighter Nars Multiple in Copacabana.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

im reviewing the same product as jaynewayne, i dont know what the others are reviewing about, something in a bottle?... anyways i mainly got this because of its limited editionness(!) and beautiful packaging. however i keep this close to me wherever i go and love it so much that i am forever whipping it out to reapply! this does create a glossy glowy appearance and is definately not matte, however it is a lovely glow which does not look at all greasy or oily even if you have only a SEMI matte finish before you apply. i apply this on my cheekbones, bridge of nose and on eyes and browbone everyday. it has golden shimmer particles larger than that of a bobbi brown shimmerbrick yet from a foot away you cant see the shimmer at all but only see a luminous glow. it does not have a great staying power however it is a face gloss not powder so that is to be expected. its texture is of a cream eyeshadow mixed with a little bit of powder, or if you know the bloom cream eyeshadows, a little more powdery but just as spreadable as those (those cream eyeshadows are on the more powdery side when you feel their texture.) i recommend this and i love it so. another HG product form estee lauder! (their foundations are almost unrivalled!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by JayneWayne

OK...I have to add my voice to the chorus of kudos for this product. This review is for the face gloss in the ribbed, golden compact, in the Amber Nude shade. The texture of the face gloss is like a cream blush, and it's a gorgeous honey amber shade, embedded with golden particles. Many shimmer highlight products either don't show up well on my skin, or are too garish. This one is beautiful, gold based perfection! It is a splendid companion to the sensational Tom Ford Amber Nude Bronzer (which I've previously reviewed). For the best non makeup face look, ever, I liberally brush on the bronzer, highlight my cheekbones with this gloss, use the gloss all over my entire eyelid as a wash, tightline my upper lids with LM cake eyeline in Marine Bleu, then apply a nude lippie. It sounds time consuming, but it really isn't, and you will get that million dollar, "natural", California golden girl glow. My only issue with this product is its insulting price tag of $40. Yes, the packaging is luxe and gorgeous, and the gloss, itself, is fabulous, but you only get a smidgen of it. Despite the price point, I'm totally hooked on this, and will continue to purchase as long as EL is kind enough to keep making it. I'm looking forward to trying this in the pink based, Polished Amber shade, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Amst

I add just a drop of it to my tinted mositurizer and it gives my skin a beautiful, healthy, believable soft sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by HYMCanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm loving this highlighter. I'm not a fan of glitter or even shimmer usually since I don't wear very much makeup I find them too obvious. However this gives a slight, soft glow that is incredible. My friends say my skin 'just looks better, what are you wearing?'

I use it on cheekbones, temples, forehead, nose and chin plus brow bones. The MA suggested a foundation brush which does make it very easy to apply. Somehow it blends right into my skin and there are no lines or edges.

The only gripe I have is the packaging, a pump dispenser would be so much easier. You only need a tiny bit and I wasted a lot pouring it onto my hand the first 2 times. Now I dip a q-tip in the bottle and then put that onto my palm, then use the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

In a word...FANTASTIC. gives a rich golden sheen, not garish or greasy looking whatsoever. I use it on top of my cheekbones and the Bronzer below it. classy look. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by msjene

Even if I have oily skin, I always want more of a glowy shine instead of a completely matte look. In vain I have searched for a product that would give me that look without getting greasy or cakey or emphasizing my pores. Ta da! I'm not normally a huge Lauder fan, but this collection was worth it. My favorite product is the Face Gloss which is unimpressive in the beautiful gold compact...but on the skin, it transforms the chosen area into a lovely, glowing (yet subtle) dream. Fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by yorkieshea

unbelievable gold-dream cream. i use it on my brown bones for a highlighter, over my entire eye when i don't feel like completly doing my makeup, and on my cheek bones as a highlighter.
not glittery but shimmery. it's a fabulous product and worth the $$!