September 22, 2014 | 1903 users online

Bronzers - Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male Compact Powder Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ukskincareguy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great bronzer in hilarious 'butch' black boxy case. The finish is smooth and subbtle. So long as you don't use too much. The brush is really nice. This is also long lasting both per usage and per unit. The good thing for me is this 'guys' bronzer has no shimmery bits which was a problem once with a bronzer I bought and had to throw away as way not subtle enough for a "no make up" glow! I read on here there is a compact version. I will keep the brush and go for that one next time as the large size is not convenient for travelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mickeyrdam

I really like this product. It is pricey, but you get a high quality kabuki-style brush with it, and they tend to be expensive on their own.

I apply it veeeery sparingly because I think guys look better when they strive for a 'no makeup look.' The only thing I'm not crazy about is the scent - it's masculine, but a tad too strong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MadameParfum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best bronzer by far. I've used/tried them all and this is the most natural looking. Very fine powder so it doesnt cake or streak and there is no risk of applying too much and looking like a clown. Really amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I bought the smaller version of this bronzer about three years ago after reading about this product on a fashion magazine.As a guy,i was a little intimidated at first by this but after trying it out,i think it is ok.I have finished using this but i keep the brush.

I remember a friend commented on my ''red'' face and i told him i got into a fight with my brother!Haha.When the real thing is that,i applied it on too thick,resulting in a reddish bruise kind of color.The price is outrageous here in Singapore.The large size is about $92 and the compact is $50 plus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2006 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The store where I work carries this, and I can safely say that the tester gets a lot more use by me than any customers, male or female. Very natural-looking and not the least bit shimmery-hallelujah! I love the brush too. I mostly use it on my cheeks and not all over, but any bronzer connoisseurs should definitely try this out. One lippie off for high price and bulky (but chic) packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by veryjammy

A very impressive product in all respects. The packaging is solid, sturdy and masculine (to masculinise the fact it's make-up no doubt!) The brush is soft and the actual bronzer is excellent. It's completely matte, not a trace of powder when it's applied onto the face, and is easily buildable. I have very very pale type 1 skin and this can make my skin look respectable on its own. However I prefer to use it after I've used fake tan; since I hate walking around like a translucent ghost I often use fake tan but it can often look too 'flat' on my face. I find this very useful when I use it on the forehead, cheeks and nose to define the tan and face more, adding colour to the areas that naturally tan more.

Expensive, yes, but well worth it. Any man who uses some form of make-up, be it concealer/bronzer etc will tell you of the fear that someone will spot the tell-tale signs, so it's a small price to pay for piece of mind! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by okayokay

I've not actually bought this, but from trying it on in a shop, it seems wonderful - it gives a really even coverage and is a gorgeous colour. The whole range is lovely - even for girls - I'd definitely say that this bronzer seems better than any girls one I've seen. The packaging is really nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by mikesvoboda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this product is sort of expensive, like all great quality products. But, for men, this bronzer goes on very light with no shimmer whatsoever! Packaging is great but as stated before, the price is on the expensive side. This bronzer is definitely one of the best I've ever used. I use other bronzers that have other great qualities to them. I wouldn't rule this bronzer out though. It's not for those with a low budget, I can tell you that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by neene

I really love this bronzer, it's the most natural bronzer I have ever tried.

I usually find most bronzers are too orange(like Guerlain) and warm for my skintone, sometimes they are either too dark or too light, but this is just right and I imagine it would suit many skintones, even light ones! The brush does not pick up too much product, so application is easy and buildable. Being a men's product there is no shimmer and it looks really natural.

The compact has 7 grams of product a small mirror and a flat brush and costs 29.95. The large block has 10 grams, a great big bronzer brush and costs 38.95. The only thing I did not like about the compact is the fact that it's still a bit bulky really. The pan is not that large, so it could have been much smaller and easier to carry around. Higly recommended, I will surely buy again. continued >>