Maybelline Line Stylist

2.8

on 6/25/2015 5:34:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner in search of a dark, fine tipped eyeliner to darken the base of my lashes, and this does do that. It needs warming up on my hand first, though, and is still occasionally uncomfortably hard, smudges quite easily, and is prone to having the tip break off. Onyx is a really dark pitch black, though, if that's what you're looking for!

on 8/24/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was my first eyeliner, and it is a wonderful eyeliner, especially if you are just venturing into the world of eyeliner. Although a little pricey, this liner sharpens itself and is so easy to use! It also doesn't poke your eyes, which is a huge bonus! Long lasting, this is my favorite eyeliner ever, and I need to buy more soon!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I almost had to stab this liner Into my eye o make it work. It was dry and broke within minutes. Awful!

on 3/25/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I bought this because it looks like the same packaging of the define a brow. It's a little darker than the discontinued dark brown, but with a light hand, it can work. I bought several backups of my beloved define a brow at dollar tree, will consider this when I run out.

on 1/15/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

I use espresso for my brows, and the thin line makes it easy / look good & it stays. As a eyeliner, its ok. I use the black one (sometimes) to trace where i want my liquid liner.

on 1/15/2013 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this eyeliner! I got it for christmas and didn't use it because at the time I wasn't big on makeup. A few months ago I found it in the bottom of my makeup bag and I haven't gone back since! I have used every single color and they are all great. Espresso is brown color, which I use for everyday, Onyx is a grey/black color that can be for day/night, and Black Sparkle (my favorite!!) is the darkest and it has a little bit of glitter in it to make your eyes pop. It is so easy to apply; I just do a bunch of small strokes on my upper lash line and make it thicker on the outside to make a small cat eye. I love how you don't have to sharpen it, and it lasts longer than you think. I would highly reccomend this eyeliner! I think they have changed the packaging, because it looks different than the picture. Here's a link: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=192871&catid=183537&cmbProdBrandFilter=47045&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler

on 12/4/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

To everyone dismayed with Maybelline discontinuing Define-A-Brow in Dark Brown, please check out the Maybelline Line Stylist eyeliner http://bit.ly/LineStylist.
I like my brow pencils waxy with sharp tips but hate sharpening the more traditional eye pencils where the pencil shortens overtime. While the retractable, sharpen free pencils are convenient, they get blunt tips. The Espresso shade is an exact dupe, without the joke comb. Apply with soft short strokes, it's like sketching in fine eyebrow hair. With it's fine tip, you can define a sharp tapered eyebrow tail. The packaging is similar to the more expensive Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows and Mac Eye Brows at 1/2 of the price. Caveat: It's 1/3 the quantity of Mac, 1/2 of Clinique. But, hey, if you're in a tight budget, this will do. I'm surprised that in the drugstore line of eye pencils, only Maybelline has this pencil in this packaging. The shade range in this line would be the darker spectrum for Define-A-Brow but they could expand the shade range to include a soft brown (Taupe Grey or Khaki Grey). But I'm happy just the same if they do not discontinue.

on 5/5/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This eyeliner was terrible. It drags on my eye and to get any pigment you have to go over the same spot multipul times. It also breaks with almost no pressure. Really, really bad.

on 4/11/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

"White Highlight" was rubbish. It drags, feels dry, actually goes on lumpy, and won't 't blend! Way too much work to look even in the inner corner as a highlight. Doesn't apply to the waterline. The winding mechanism broke after the 2nd use, which I am still fuming about. I can't believe this company let their quality get so low.

on 2/12/2012 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This eyeliner does not stay on at all. I do like how it looks when applied however like I said, it doesn't last. I do like how thin it is though.