Mario Badescu Kiwi Face Scrub

2.7

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Stearic Acid, Algae Extract,Propylene Glycol Dipelargonate, Kiwi Seeds,PEG-8 Stearate,Cetyl Alcohol,Glyceryl Isostearate 5/20/09

on 8/30/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I generally like MB products, but this scrub was so disappointing. First I was in need of a pregnancy safe scrub (I usually use Exfolikate, but it's not pregnancy safe). I find I like a couple of the masks from the MB line and my HG toner (Rosewater) is from MB so I gave this scrub a shot. I find that this "scrub" doesn't offer any true exfoliation for my skin. It seems to leave a film on my skin that I need to use a muslin cloth to thoroughly remove/wash off. Pleasant smell and did not irritate my acne prone skin. The tub container allows one to use every little bit of the product. It is a nicely priced compared to other prestige skin care lines.

It's just ok. Seems like these products are just fun to buy because they seem like a great value and they have so any options; but when you get home and try them out they are just ok.

on 8/2/2013 11:30:00 PM

I am SO glad that I did not waste my money on the full size version of this product. $15 USD for a four ounce jar of a product that has no benefit to your skin whatsoever is nothing but a joke. The sample proved to be more than enough for me to tell how much I hated it. With the first use, I concluded that this was nothing more than a waste of money. I have since given the remainder of the sample to my mother who wanted it for nothing more than the smell (which I thought to be quite disgusting). It is NOT a scrub, I don't even know how anyone could consider it to be. The kiwi seeds are so large and there is nowhere near enough to do anything with. I am in love with most Mario Badescu products, but this is not one of them.

on 7/4/2012 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Overall, was extremely disappointed with this product. I ordered an entire skin care regime from the website,and this was one of the worst I received.

it's extremely messy, the seeds have no other use but for show. Although this mask does make my skin look more radiant and refreshed, it is certainly not a "scrub". this does feel great on my skin and I have been using it regularly, just to use up the tub. Definetly would not re purchase

on 4/12/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a sample when i purchased a couple things from the website because I didn't really want to go all the way to the spa downtown. Anyways, I have a sensitive nose and this really bugged me. I can understand if some people enjoyed it, I really needed to purge when I smelled it. I ran around my house and had probably a 50/50 vote that it smelled good or not. Anyways, despite the smell, I tried it out in the shower and noticed that this scrub feels oily and heavy on my skin. It looked like it was going to live some film on my face. The kiwi seeds were too big and slippery to scrub on my face. It basically did absolutely nothing for my face. Thank god it was a sample. It was only something I would use to get that extra kick if I really felt sick to my stomach. I eventually emptied out the container to fill up something for travel.

on 3/31/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a horrible scrub. So far this is the only MB product I don't like. I gave it a fair go to! I used almost the whole jar before throwing in the rag. It doesn't really exfoliate, there aren't a lot of the seeds in there, and they are waaaaay too big to actually get into your pores. I was not pleased, I could get better from neutrogena.

on 3/31/2012 5:11:00 PM

This was an okay facial scrub. It smelled nice and my dull skin looked fresh and bright after using it. This, however, was no different from the results I get from a plain old sugar exfoliation. So, while I liked the smell, I saw nothing special here. If I want to pamper myself, maybe I'll buy it. There are better MB products.

on 11/9/2011 8:13:00 AM

Smells **delicious**. I wanted to lick my face. I think people who get a vomit vibe from this may have received a rancid batch? I can't imagine that this stuff has a good shelf life.

But like others, I don't feel that this actually did very much for my face. The kiwi seeds are too large and sparse to accomplish anything without significant manual effort. Maybe there's some acidity? Active ingredients are marked as the algae extract and the seeds. Comes packaged in a tub, which I find somewhat unhygienic.

INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water,Stearic Acid, Algae Extract,Propylene Glycol Dipelargonate, Kiwi Seeds,PEG-8 Stearate,Cetyl Alcohol,Glyceryl Isostearate

Price: 15 USD for 4oz

on 6/28/2011 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I gave into this product after receiving a free sample of it. I honestly just really enjoyed the texture and smell of this product and decided I had to have it. But overall this hasn't really impressed me and it isn't really a scrub for me. The kiwi seeds are big and don't really do much to remove much dead skin. and most importantly I have had this for 6 months and have not noticed a difference in my skin. With or without it I feel like my skin still looks the same. It does not live up to its claims of being good for reducing blackheads. I love other mario badescu products but this one is not my favorite. I still do really love the way it feels on the face but not if it isn't doing anything and not enough to buy it again.

on 6/25/2011 7:53:00 PM

i really like this scrub. i use it 2x a week & it leaves my face super soft. my face feels refreshed and really clean afterwards. i will agree with some of the reviewers below that the seeds are a little messy, but this product has improved the appearance of my skin and hasn't broke me out. it's a little pricey, but for the amount of product you get it's worth it imo.

Popular Scrubs